PS who is it gonna be? updated

GrizzlyBear

I really hope Will Ta'ufo'ou makes it to the PS. He had some really nice plays in preseason, and he was a monster in college. It's hard to quantify fullbacks' blocking, but when you heard people talk about Lorenzo Neal, they talk about how many times his running backs hit 1,000 yards. Ta'ufo'ou got Cal's starter at running back to 1,000 yards each year he was there (Marshawn Lynch in '05-'06, Justin Forsett in '07, and Jahvid Best in '08.) He proved in preseason that he's a pretty good receiver, to boot. I hope the Bears can stash him on the practice squad and groom him to take over for McKie.

Just released, names of 7 of 8 players signed to PS

The group includes quarterback Brett Basanez, defensive end Ervin Baldwin, defensive end Joe Clermond, guard Johan Asiata, fullback Will Ta’ufo’ou, cornerback Woodny Turenne and center Donovan Raiola.

1 to go!

Just released, names of 7 of 8 players signed to PS

1 to go!

Nice, glad they kept Ta'ufo'ou around, especially since they opted for him over Jason Davis. I think he's going to be a pretty good fullback eventually. Baldwin, Clermond, and Turenne are all nice PS picks, as well. So who gets the 8th spot? Here are the remaining eligible guys:

OT Cody Balogh

CB Rudy Burgess

FB Jason Davis

LB Marcus Freeman

LB Kevin Malast

WR Eric Peterman

LB Mike Rivera

Personally, I'd be happy with any one of the linebackers. All three showed some good stuff in preseason, and we could use one on the PS, since we're going into the season with only six on the roster.