I say if Tillman is ready...

CrackerDog

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6086

He's saying he's fine but then says it's only 50/50 that he'll play? Bullshit. If they hold him out and his "replacement" gets burned a few times and we lose our opener to Green Bay, I'll blame Lovie! He's your top dog out there on the corner, don't waste time with the other guys.

He's saying he's fine but then says it's only 50/50 that he'll play? Bullshit. If they hold him out and his "replacement" gets burned a few times and we lose our opener to Green Bay, I'll blame Lovie! He's your top dog out there on the corner, don't waste time with the other guys.

I can't see anything but your signature.

Sorry, but it is a 16 game season, and one in which there are high hopes. Far too often players try to return too soon from injury, end up playing poorly, and making their prior injury worse.

I want Tillman in there, but at the same time, if he isn't healthy, he may only make matters worse.

Sorry, but it is a 16 game season, and one in which there are high hopes. Far too often players try to return too soon from injury, end up playing poorly, and making their prior injury worse.

I want Tillman in there, but at the same time, if he isn't healthy, he may only make matters worse.

The article says he's going all out in practice. The game is against a team we're going to need a head-to-head game against at the end of the year if you believe all the hype. So, our 16 game season might be decided in week 1. I say get his ass out there if he's really ready and don't just hold him back a week because it makes Lovie's little heart feel better about things.

The article says he's going all out in practice. The game is against a team we're going to need a head-to-head game against at the end of the year if you believe all the hype. So, our 16 game season might be decided in week 1. I say get his ass out there if he's really ready and don't just hold him back a week because it makes Lovie's little heart feel better about things.

It seems like you believe the hype and feel that our season could be decided in week 1 when that is far from the case. Last season we started off in week 1 well against the Colts but still was waiting on game 16 to decide if we make the playoffs or not. CD you need to relax and let things play out before you jump to conclusions.

Bingo.

Yeah, exactly. Even if Tillman can't go and we lose on Sunday, it's not like we can't drop a game to the Packers and still make the playoffs. Sure, it makes things more complicated, but if Tillman reinjures his back, we're in trouble for the whole season.

I do sort of wish that Chicago had made an offer for Sheldon Brown back when he was unhappy about his contract. We'd be in a very different boat right now.

Guest TerraTor

Hes the only player i trust in the secondary. This is probably the biggest passing threat we face in the 1st half of the season. Even he isnt 100% hes gotta be on the field. If he needs out he comes out.

Hes the only player i trust in the secondary. This is probably the biggest passing threat we face in the 1st half of the season. Even he isnt 100% hes gotta be on the field. If he needs out he comes out.

You want us to possibly send our season down the toilet just to beat Green Bay? Look, call me nuts, but I don't even hate Green Bay. In fact, I hate the Vikings more than the Packers. However, this game doesn't mean as much as everyone thinks. Sure, it'd be nice to come out on Sunday and shove a big fat s***burger down the throat of Mike McCarthy and his team, but after Sunday, there are 15 games left. To risk our season just to beat the Packers in week 1 is a joke.

BTW- Adam Schefter and Mort both picked Green Bay to make it the Super Bowl. However, Mort picked the Bears, Vikings, and Packers to all get into the playoffs.

You want us to possibly send our season down the toilet

This may be a first but I'm with Terra on this. NOBODY is saying to send the season down the toilet or risk his being lost for the season... BLAH BLAH BLAH. If you guys actually read my intial post you'd see that he says he's fine and he's practicing at full speed. The team is saying he's only 50/50 to go because they're trying to be careful. Fine. But this game is more important than anyone here is recognizing. We missed the playoffs last year by a 1/2 game in the standings. They're ALL important. And this is a division game against a team we need to be at our best to beat.

This may be a first but I'm with Terra on this. NOBODY is saying to send the season down the toilet or risk his being lost for the season... BLAH BLAH BLAH. If you guys actually read my intial post you'd see that he says he's fine and he's practicing at full speed. The team is saying he's only 50/50 to go because they're trying to be careful. Fine. But this game is more important than anyone here is recognizing. We missed the playoffs last year by a 1/2 game in the standings. They're ALL important. And this is a division game against a team we need to be at our best to beat.

I totally agree with you there!!