What do you think about

Wesson44

I wouldn't be opposed to looking at it. But if he excels on the DL, we could probably use him more there. Will T. looks like he miught have a place as a FB in the future...

Since this was the position he started out with at Texas he could be a good FB with this run first team because of his size at 6'3 260 and how fast he is. As you saw he can run back kick offs too, LOL so we know he can catch also.

He wasn't a FB. He was just a big RB. He was the bulldozer in Texas' offense. I don't recall who their speed RB was that year. Rare for Texas, but they had a RBBC at the time, and he was part of that.

It is possible he was listed at some point as a FB, but he never was. He would not have a clue about blocking. He was strictly a power runner.

Since this was the position he started out with at Texas he could be a good FB with this run first team because of his size at 6'3 260 and how fast he is. As you saw he can run back kick offs too, LOL so we know he can catch also.

I say no for the most part. He was drafted to play DE and we should try to develop him in that area. At least that is where his greatest potential value lies. Our DL has to be top notch for our scheme to work, especially given how our secondary is prone to sucking. If Melton can learn a lot this off season, it could payoff in a hugely needed way.

I foresee Angelo paying a few contracts forward this year to make a lot more cap space for next year. We'll potentially need 1 or 2 DE's, a DT, a CB and a Safety. We're not going to be able to get all of that from the draft, so FA will probably be a huge option.

Or we could just draft an actual FB in the 6th or 7th round...

We should have drafted Peyton Hillis last year who the Broncos selected in the 7th round I believe!

What a mistake by the Bears. But I would love for Melton to successfully contribute to this team in any capacity DL or FB or short yardtage back!

We should have drafted Peyton Hillis last year who the Broncos selected in the 7th round I believe!

What a mistake by the Bears. But I would love for Melton to successfully contribute to this team in any capacity DL or FB or short yardtage back!

Peyton Hillis wound up playing RB for Denver and getting injured so why would we need him when it was obvious he was an RB who was moved to FB by Arkansas because of Felix Jones and Darren McFadden. Our running attack was fine with Forte so what would Hillis have done that would have made our running game better than it was.