Interesting interview with JA

Wesson44

LM: Why did the Bears chose to keep Rashied Davis and Devin Aromashodu ahead of Brandon Rideau?

JA: Rashied has a role on this football team. He could be a good slot receiver if we chose to play him in the slot. He also has tremendous value has a special teams player. That in itself is why he has value to our football team. If you’re not one of the top three receivers, four, five and six have to be the best special teams players. So he’s got a real value for our team. Brandon was a close call. Obviously, we liked Devin Aromashodu a little bit better, and we’ll see if our assessment of our receivers was accurate.

LM: Jay Cutler didn’t hide the fact that he felt Aromashodu should be on the final roster. How much of a factor was Cutler’s endorsement in keeping Aromashodu?

JA: It’s great that our quarterback has confidence in our receivers, in particular Devin because Devin was kind of a wildcard. Nobody really knew him, but he grew on all of us. It’s great that he grew on Jay, too. Devin has done a real nice job. We really like his traits and what potential he has. He’s got deep speed. He’s big and he’s physical. When you look at him, no receiver that we have has the combination of all those traits. All of our receivers are a little bit different. This year I don’t know that we’re going to have a one, two and three. I see us at that position doing it by committee, and we like how they complement one another. We don’t have all the same type of receivers, and that’s a good thing.

LM: What excites you most about the upcoming season, and what is your greatest concern?

JA: It excites me that we have a chance to be a very good football team. Naturally, health’s always in there somewhere, and in this case it’s our secondary. We went without three players that we’re potentially counting on throughout training camp [in Charles Tillman, Zackary Bowman and Danieal Manning]. But we feel good about all of our positions. We feel good about our depth and the way we played throughout the preseason. Now it’s just a matter of doing it for real. I like the camaraderie on the team. I like the energy. And certainly we have enough talent to do well each and every Sunday.