Team News

Wesson44

Bears | Tillman's status for Week 1 uncertain

Comment (0)

Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:18:55 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports it is not known if Chicago Bears CB Charles Tillman (back) will be allowed to play in the team's Week 1 game. CB Zackary Bowman is expected to take his place in the starting lineup if Tillman can't play.

Bears | Tillman's status for Week 1 uncertain

Comment (0)

Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:18:55 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports it is not known if Chicago Bears CB Charles Tillman (back) will be allowed to play in the team's Week 1 game. CB Zackary Bowman is expected to take his place in the starting lineup if Tillman can't play.

I would almost prefer to have Bowman in there instead of Tillman only because Tillman is not 100% healthy. Lets get everything out of Bowman that we can before he gets hurt again.

I have to ask. Who are our starting CBs? Is is official that Bowman is our starter opposite Tillman, or is Bowman the #3. Is Vasher still starting? I really don't know at this point.

Still don't understand why we have not looked at Graham more. Honestly, he seemed to be our best CB in preseason (factoring Bowman and Tillman's injury) and I think by a long margin too. McBride and Vasher were between bad and awful. Not saying Graham was great, but better than the rest, and pretty good overall. Yet he never seemed to get much time at CB. Instead, the coaches kept playing him at nickel.

I would almost prefer to have Bowman in there instead of Tillman only because Tillman is not 100% healthy. Lets get everything out of Bowman that we can before he gets hurt again.