Fantasy Question

bowlingtwig

Are you getting rid of Housh and marshall or trying to get them?

If you're getting rid of them, DO IT!

Don't try to get them. Olsen and Holmes I think will prove far more valuable as the season goes on. I like Housh, but I just don't trust anything relating to Denver...

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on a proposed trade in one of my leagues. I have been leaning both ways.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Brandon Marshall for

Torry Holt, Greg Olsen, and Santonio Holmes.

BTW this is a PPR league.

Are you getting rid of Housh and marshall or trying to get them?

If you're getting rid of them, DO IT!

Don't try to get them. Olsen and Holmes I think will prove far more valuable as the season goes on. I like Housh, but I just don't trust anything relating to Denver...

The trade doesn't involve me as an owner. I am the commish of the league and all trades go through me. I set it up this way because in the past we had 2 owners agree to such a lopsided trade that had 1 person sending a stud and the other team getting a backup in return. This went through because we never seem to have enough owners who actually pay attention to what is going on during the season. I have been slowly trying to fix that. This is the work league that Pix and I are on.

Not involved in fantasy but that is a lopsided trade.

on one side

Marshall suspended till either the Broncos cave or he pulls his head out of his arse even if he does or they do with Orton at QB I don't think he'll be as effective as he was with Jay which IMHO is a large part of his little temper tantrums. Ho'syourmama while he's a good player I don't know about his productivity on a team like Seattle, I'm not sold on the seachickens being that good but he's probably the most talented receiver they have aside from Branch, so I think he'll put up consistent numbers.

On the other side

Olsen will likely be the primary pass receiver at least in the short term so he should put up good numbers especially early. Holmes is a big play receiver and has really made a name for himself as a clutch player and should put up consistent numbers. Holt is in his 11th season and is the senior WR on a fairly young group for the Jags he is the steady vet his numbers have dropped off a little but not bad I would expect him to be consistent.

Personally I think for this to be fair the side offering Marshall and TJ should include someone else and or replace Marshall with someone more steady. TJ will probably provide some value but not enough to offset the crappieness of Marshall. Or on the other side perhaps leave off either Olsen or Holmes. Holmes is the highest value player in this trade scenario because he's proven it, even though he is paired with Ward on a run heavy team. I look for good things from Greg but it's yet to play out in in the season but he will have a good opportunity to do just that and if he does then that really makes this trade one sided. But since I'm not in a fantasy league you can take it for a grain of salt but that's just my 2 cents.

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on a proposed trade in one of my leagues. I have been leaning both ways.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Brandon Marshall for

Torry Holt, Greg Olsen, and Santonio Holmes.

BTW this is a PPR league.

Let this trade go through. I can argue all damn day and night about who's getting the better deal . . . that makes it a fair trade IMO.

Holmes & Olsen should be stable fantasy players. The other 3 I have no idea what the hell to expect.

Housh & Marshall both could approach last years numbers . . . or it could get ugly. It's a gamble for this owner.

I'd let the owner decide. If it was Drew Brees for Kyle Orton you reject it immediately. If you have to ask, it's probably okay. You're the commish, not a dictator.

I say if the guy trading Olsen has a servicable TE, top 12ish, then let it go through. Personally, I like the TJ/Marshall side when I think objectively.

It sounds to me like a guy needing a TE giving up what could be 2 great WR's this season. TJ was awesom last year with freakin Fitzpatrick last year, if your in a league that gives point per reception then he could be top 3 and easily top ten. He's a consistent scorer week in and week out. Marshall is supposedly working on a new deal, we'll see how that works out along with the rest there.

The guy giving up a TE in Olsen is improving his WR corps. Holmes' value is high coming off the play offs and his first game of the season. He will be spuratic however. He'll have a big game one week, then score you next to nothing the next. Holt is considered washed up. While I disagree, it's the common opinion of him and it lowers his value. Olsen will be sharing time at TE, and while we have high hopes as Bears fans he will blow up this year, I think we over value his fantasy value. Lol, well atleast I know I do as I drafted him as the 2nd TE taken in my league behind Witten, before Gates and everyone else.

In a ppr league, it probable favors the Marshall trade, if he gets his act together, which is a gamble for the trader. I would stay away from Marshall, but the Broncos will get better as the year goes on and he might turn into a good soldier. So if the rest of the team in your fantasy team is good, he will be playing well during your playoffs.

Gotcha!

In my league, we've banned trades altogether. Only free agent pick-ups are allowed. We felt as though trades really don't happen in the NFL all that often (Although we're sure glad it did w/ Cutler!), there's too much chance for collusion, and the voting process is a pain. Basically, it's an administrative nightmare we did away with.

The trade doesn't involve me as an owner. I am the commish of the league and all trades go through me. I set it up this way because in the past we had 2 owners agree to such a lopsided trade that had 1 person sending a stud and the other team getting a backup in return. This went through because we never seem to have enough owners who actually pay attention to what is going on during the season. I have been slowly trying to fix that. This is the work league that Pix and I are on.

Gotcha!

In my league, we've banned trades altogether. Only free agent pick-ups are allowed. We felt as though trades really don't happen in the NFL all that often (Although we're sure glad it did w/ Cutler!), there's too much chance for collusion, and the voting process is a pain. Basically, it's an administrative nightmare we did away with.

It seems to work out pretty good this way. We have had several trades this year but in the 2 years that I have been the commish in both baseball and football I have turned down several trades but for the most part they are fair.