Dline alignment

AZ54

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,3484075.story

"If the Bears' defensive front four appears to be in a crooked alignment Sunday night, don't adjust your television. It is supposed to look that way.

Having a couple of the defensive linemen in a cocked position -- usually the interior linemen -- is just one of the minor tweaks assistant head coach Rod Marinelli has implemented since taking over the defensive line."

Maybe I was drinking too much during the games but I don't recall our DTs lining up this way during the preseason, at least not routinely. If I'm wrong someone will correct me shortly. If I'm right then Marinelli and Lovie have kept something off the film during the preseason which makes me wonder if our pass rush will be a bit better than I anticipated. Since our secondary isn't giving me much hope of stopping the Packer WRs, a bit of Cubs-World-Series-esque hope for an improved pass rush will keep me going until gameday.

I know they kept it out of the preseason, Its something the O line from the packers will have to contend with. Any surprise given to that line will be an upside for the Bears. As for the secondary, I got a feeling they were holding players back because of that reason as well. Bowman and Tillman will start i bet and be right on cue. Thats my hope more then a bet.

I know they kept it out of the preseason, Its something the O line from the packers will have to contend with. Any surprise given to that line will be an upside for the Bears. As for the secondary, I got a feeling they were holding players back because of that reason as well. Bowman and Tillman will start i bet and be right on cue. Thats my hope more then a bet.

"If you did something wrong in practice, the worst thing would be to come in the next day and your name's on the board,"

This was the best quote up there. It sure sounds like he has lit a fire under the arses. I know it was just preseason but we saw a big difference compared to last year.

It would have been better to keep it out but lets remember that they only have todays practice to think about something out. So I have no problem with it.

My personal opinion is that the Bears coaching staff has had a bit of an inferiority complex during the Lovie Smith era. I'm not really trying to be critical but factual here. I recall the big problem they had with Griese saying he called the plays on a winning drive. Lovie was obviously not in love with all the attention Rivera got. Now they talk about their "brilliant" D Line scheme the day before the game so they can get it out there and if it works, the media will focus in on it.

I just think coaches should coach, let the results speak for themselves.

Whatever it is, I hope it lets them get some pressure on Aaron Rodgers. If our pass rush doesn't improve in a big way from last season, he's going to eat the secondary alive. I'm with Grizzly on this one: I really hope this is our coaching staff hiding stuff from the Packers. If they can hit the field with some new looks on the d-line and Tillman/Bowman back in the lineup, I'll be really happy about it.

Really, I think there's a pretty good chance we beat Green Bay. As bad as last season was, remember what happened in the first game? We went into the Colts' new stadium, showed them a look on the defensive line that they weren't ready for, and made life miserable for Peyton and their offense. I wouldn't mind seeing a repeat performance at Lambeau this year.

Whatever it is, I hope it lets them get some pressure on Aaron Rodgers. If our pass rush doesn't improve in a big way from last season, he's going to eat the secondary alive. I'm with Grizzly on this one: I really hope this is our coaching staff hiding stuff from the Packers. If they can hit the field with some new looks on the d-line and Tillman/Bowman back in the lineup, I'll be really happy about it.

Really, I think there's a pretty good chance we beat Green Bay. As bad as last season was, remember what happened in the first game? We went into the Colts' new stadium, showed them a look on the defensive line that they weren't ready for, and made life miserable for Peyton and their offense. I wouldn't mind seeing a repeat performance at Lambeau this year.

I believe we will see some new stuff just thinking that Marinelli wants to prove he can still coach in this league. I know what happened last year has to sting so he will be looking to prove that what happened last year was the problem with the team and not his coaching ability.