What to do with that $15 Million in cap space?

CrackerDog

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...any-other-team/

I think we're going to see if there's a need exposed tomorrow night (WR, DB, etc) and then we're going to start using it to extend our guys.

Thoughts?

The most pressing need is to resign Wale. It's been assumed we'd let him go, but what are our other options? Mark Anderson continues to be the invisible man, and Henry Melton didn't do a damn thing. A top tier DE costs an arm and a leg. Wale is our best option.

As much as Lovie is in love with D Manning, I'd think we'd look to pay him.

Otherwise we use it to extend Cutler. You figure he'll get Eli Manning money. We didn't get of all those picks and Orton not to pay the man.

I'm sure we'll roll some of it into next year's cap by giving someone an unlikely to be earned bonus in their contract.

WR: It all depends on how Bennett and Hester look this year. If they under-perform, guys like Vincent Jackson, Kevin Walter, Steve Breaston, TO, and Braylon Edwards are all UFA's.

DB: We need to make a big move here. I love Bowman, but he's always hurt. Guys like Terrence McGee, Dunta Robinson, Carlos Rogers, and Marlin Jackson are all UFA's. Rumor has it extension talks with Rogers are...well...there haven't been any. Also, in terms of S's, the 2 big UFA names are OJ Atogwe and Antonie Bethea.

DE: Nobody catches my eye, except maybe Kyle Vanden Bosch. Although, I doubt the Titans let him walk like they did Haynesworth.

It all depends on how the season goes for us and the guys listed above. Talk to me in January (or hopefully February).

The most pressing need is to resign Wale. It's been assumed we'd let him go, but what are our other options? Mark Anderson continues to be the invisible man, and Henry Melton didn't do a damn thing. A top tier DE costs an arm and a leg. Wale is our best option.

Otherwise we use it to extend Cutler. You figure he'll get Eli Manning money. We didn't get of all those picks and Orton not to pay the man.

I'm sure we'll roll some of it into next year's cap by giving someone an unlikely to be earned bonus in their contract.

2010 looks to be an uncapped yr. Further, I believe that means that unrestricted FA does not start until yr 6. Can someone clarify.

Peace :dabears

I'd tend to agree....