Kyle Orton

bowlingtwig

Now you all know that if Cutler doesn't have a good game and we don't win all Chicago analysts and even some fans will be calling for Cutlers head and wishing we never made the trade in the first place.

and that would be real stupid. I like Kyle Orton, He is an average NFL QB. I dont really care for Cutler, but he is a borderline franchise QB. That was a good trade for us since we have not had a above average QB since...someone help me...i cant remember

and that would be real stupid. I like Kyle Orton, He is an average NFL QB. I dont really care for Cutler, but he is a borderline franchise QB. That was a good trade for us since we have not had a above average QB since...someone help me...i cant remember

er...Sid Luckman I think...As much as we all love Jimmy Mac, his injuries stopped him from being what he should have been...And I am probably the biggest Orton homer on the board and not even I wish we hadn't made that trade...

er...Sid Luckman I think...As much as we all love Jimmy Mac, his injuries stopped him from being what he should have been...And I am probably the biggest Orton homer on the board and not even I wish we hadn't made that trade...

I think I'm the only one on the board that actually complained when we traded him because he was the first good QB we'd had since Kramer and the first good QB we'd developed since Jimmy Mac or maybe Harbaugh. I thought it was ironic that now we trade for a pro bowl QB and give up so much. ...and though I've occasionally annoyed you all by pointing out there's statistically no reason to be so high on Cutler while being so down on Orton, over time I've become excited about having him. I'll say what I said 2 months ago, Cutler shouldn't be expected to come right out of the gate with great performances. You don't have respect for how tough it is to play QB in the NFL (and many of you don't ;) ) if you think that. I would even give Tom Brady that much leeway.

Having said that, where have we before seen out WR's making our QB look worse...or a pick thrown right to an offensive lineman 6 feet away...or a pick thrown off a back foot? The grass is always greener on the other...quarterback...for Bear fans. Orton had these same WRs last year, possibly worse, and the same for his OL and Forte was just a rook. Some of you guys would have destroyed Orton had he played this type of game last year. It would not have mattered that the WRs and OL played badly too. Lucky for him he never did, though he did set a Bears record for passes without an interception and still got run out of town. That's life.

But in coming weeks, I think the Bears will adjust and force the opposing Ds to respect our deep ball and that will help our short game out. If they want to jump the run, Cutler and Hester/Knox can make 'em pay. If Turner's good, then our adjustments will be on target.

I think I'm the only one on the board that actually complained when we traded him because he was the first good QB we'd had since Kramer and the first good QB we'd developed since Jimmy Mac or maybe Harbaugh. I thought it was ironic that now we trade for a pro bowl QB and give up so much. ...and though I've occasionally annoyed you all by pointing out there's statistically no reason to be so high on Cutler while being so down on Orton, over time I've become excited about having him. I'll say what I said 2 months ago, Cutler shouldn't be expected to come right out of the gate with great performances. You don't have respect for how tough it is to play QB in the NFL (and many of you don't ;) ) if you think that. I would even give Tom Brady that much leeway.

Having said that, where have we before seen out WR's making our QB look worse...or a pick thrown right to an offensive lineman 6 feet away...or a pick thrown off a back foot? The grass is always greener on the other...quarterback...for Bear fans. Orton had these same WRs last year, possibly worse, and the same for his OL and Forte was just a rook. Some of you guys would have destroyed Orton had he played this type of game last year. It would not have mattered that the WRs and OL played badly too. Lucky for him he never did, though he did set a Bears record for passes without an interception and still got run out of town. That's life.

But in coming weeks, I think the Bears will adjust and force the opposing Ds to respect our deep ball and that will help our short game out. If they want to jump the run, Cutler and Hester/Knox can make 'em pay. If Turner's good, then our adjustments will be on target.

Now I think Orton's a good QB and all, heck he is one of my favorite players as a fellow Purdue Alum, but Cutler is a pro bowl QB. He had a crap game today, but it doesn't take away from that fact. He will be a great QB for us for years to come and as much as I think Orton is good, he will never be great, and Cutler can be.

Now I think Orton's a good QB and all, heck he is one of my favorite players as a fellow Purdue Alum, but Cutler is a pro bowl QB. He had a crap game today, but it doesn't take away from that fact. He will be a great QB for us for years to come and as much as I think Orton is good, he will never be great, and Cutler can be.

brletich made me a fan of Orton when we drafted him. I sooured on him later, not cuz of his rookie year, cut just cuz it never seemed he was going to bring it to the table. He did last year tho and it made me a HUGE Orton fans. I thought the Bears had finally developed a QB and I wanted to see how he turned out. At the time I was down on the deal, and think even posted on how I didn't want Cutler when i thought it wasn't an option.

Since the trade tho I've been dumbfounded. Cutler, talent, possible awesomeness I've bought into it and still have. Tonight he had a lot to live up to, alot of weight on his shoulders and playing what could be the biggest game of the year, green bay in greenbay, atleast to alot of fans and he choked. It happens, rough offseason but his abilities hasn't changed.

Orton looked like crap too today. I watched the Bengals/Broncos game since I live in Ohio. Flipped back and forth between it and the browns some but it don't change the fact I think it changes the talent that was there.

Basically, I loved Orton here, but we upgraded. Knox was part of the deal and I think will be huge in chicago one day, even if it's as the 3rd WR fans will still love him and cutler is talented. What killed me all offseason was the Orton hate. I never understood why he had to be buned on all the time when the guy was a big part of the reason the bears had the record they did last year, in a positive way, and fought through injury best he could.