For Those Who Want Brandon Marshall...

Mongo3451

Guest TerraTor
Did you not see the joy in the Dallas locker room after Romo just threw for a career high last weekend?

Well our QB threw 4 picks, probably shoulda been closer to 7, in part to WR looking like flag football kids

This says it all for me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4469786

This is good stuff.

I would take Marshall, M. Harrison and D. Brooks right now. Heard them on the Score this morning talking about Urlacher's injury and how it could take 6 months to a year to fully recover. They also mentioned something about a possible career ender. Don't know if that has something to do with his age. Wish Mike Brown was on the team right now to lead the D.

Well our QB threw 4 picks, probably shoulda been closer to 7, in part to WR looking like flag football kids

The first part about the INTs may be right, but one has to consider how much else was miscommunication. I know at least one of those near miss INTs was because the WR didn't run an out, a button-hook instead, and Cutler threw the out.

The second part about the WRs looking like flag football kids is just plain retarded. Did Bennett or Hester dump your sister?

Guest TerraTor
The first part about the INTs may be right, but one has to consider how much else was miscommunication. I know at least one of those near miss INTs was because the WR didn't run an out, a button-hook instead, and Cutler threw the out.

The second part about the WRs looking like flag football kids is just plain retarded. Did Bennett or Hester dump your sister?

Misscommunication? What the hell they been doing the past 3 months? It was embarrassing at points.

Misscommunication? What the hell they been doing the past 3 months? It was embarrassing at points.

You can't expect a QB to come in to a NEW system with inexperienced WR's and think they would produce immediately. Most of us agreed that there would be growing pains, so why the hell is the sky falling after just 1 game.

You can't expect a QB to come in to a NEW system with inexperienced WR's and think they would produce immediately. Most of us agreed that there would be growing pains, so why the hell is the sky falling after just 1 game.

Yeah, exactly. Also, several of the major screwups came when Bennett/Knox/Des Clark were using one set of scramble rules (break off the route and come back to the quarterback) and Cutler was expecting them to do the opposite (keep running downfield.)

Scramble rules are a situational thing that wouldn't usually warrant a huge amount of concern; I think the Bears just need to rework that part of the offense so that it works with all their new personnel. I'm sure that Chicago's old scramble drills were heavily influenced by Orton's limited mobility and less-than-stellar throwing on the run; all the Bears' receivers seemed to think they were supposed to break off short and starting coming back to help out the QB. By the same token, I'm sure Denver was OK with Cutler taking some risky shots down the field in scramble situations, since he had Brandon Marshall to go up for a jump ball. Lovie and Turner just have to get everybody clear on what the rules are now. Really, if the offensive line hadn't struggled so badly picking up the Packers' blitzes, the scramble rules wouldn't have been an issue at all.

The thing of it is, you could really make a case for Cutler in all of his interceptions. Atleast 3 of the 4 that they were on the receiver. His last one was on Knox. He's just too damn weak and got out physicalled by Harris. The other two, when Cutler threw the receivers went the complete opposite way. The only one that you really could say was 100% of his fault was the screen pass. Regardless, we have work to do in order to get the receivers on the same page for this week.

That is probably about right. He had 4, but several more bounced off the hands of the other team. At times, their defense seemed to have Dez White hands.

7 may be wrong maybe 8

Well, seeing as if how he threw 3 straight awful passes and the 3rd one was finally intercepted, that means either way he would've thrown for 4.

That was tough to figure out.

:banghead

The thing of it is, you could really make a case for Cutler in all of his interceptions. Atleast 3 of the 4 that they were on the receiver. His last one was on Knox. He's just too damn weak and got out physicalled by Harris. The other two, when Cutler threw the receivers went the complete opposite way. The only one that you really could say was 100% of his fault was the screen pass. Regardless, we have work to do in order to get the receivers on the same page for this week.

I don't know if they were on the receivers per se. I saw the same thing you did: Cutler looking to one spot while his receivers went the other way. It's hard to say, just from watching the game, whether that's Cutler's mistake or the receivers'. All you can say for sure is that they were clearly not thinking the same thing. From what Lovie and Turner said after the game, it sounds like it was a genuine miscommunication: that is, it's not wrong for a receiver to break one way or the other, it's just that the receivers and the quarterback weren't thinking the same thing.

One thing I thought was pretty reassuring: I saw a clip of Cutler mic'ed up on the sidelines during the game, and he was talking to Earl Bennett after one of these snafus. Cutler wasn't bawling him out, didn't look like he was losing his composure at all. He was just telling him which way to break in which situation, very matter-of-factly. I'm sure they'll work this thing out pretty soon.

I may be wrong to some on here, but I'd rather have a jackass who runs great routes and scores TDs than a group of Tenderhearts with no clue.

I'm coming in late to this thread, but Terra, did you read the article? Despite Marshall's production, his (former) head coach stated Marshall ran bad routes, blocked poorly, and was a net negative when it came to helping the team win. We can pine for better WRs, but this guy seems like trouble any way you look at it.

As for the guys that are on the team, I hope they've worked out their communication this week. That WAS embarrassing last week, and, even with a new QB, that level of miscommunication is inexcusable.

Is it easier to believe that multiple WR's and TE's were doing the same wrong thing all game, or that it was on Cutler?

To me, after that many times, it was obviously Cutler not being on the same page as his receiver's instead of the other way around. Ultimately, despite Cutler makin what IMO was bad decisions all game, it's on Turner/Hamilton for what transpired in the game.

The receivers are obviously following Turner's philosophy, while he and Hamilton must not have worked hard enough to instill that into Cutler during the offseason.

While the line obviously sucked during the game, I really can't lay the blame on them either as Cutler seemed some what antsy and scrambled when he didn't need to often.

Is it easier to believe that multiple WR's and TE's were doing the same wrong thing all game, or that it was on Cutler?

To me, after that many times, it was obviously Cutler not being on the same page as his receiver's instead of the other way around. Ultimately, despite Cutler makin what IMO was bad decisions all game, it's on Turner/Hamilton for what transpired in the game.

The receivers are obviously following Turner's philosophy, while he and Hamilton must not have worked hard enough to instill that into Cutler during the offseason.

While the line obviously sucked during the game, I really can't lay the blame on them either as Cutler seemed some what antsy and scrambled when he didn't need to often.

I don't think anything is "obvious" other than the obvious miscommunication.

Could it have been Cutler? Yes.

Could it have been the WRs? Yes.