Hank Baskett

adam

Saw this nugget in a Westbrook article:

Baskett, by the way, is apparently wanted by a bunch of teams, according to the National Football Post. Some of them supposedly even contacted the Eagles before Baskett was released in hopes of trading for him. The group that is interested reportedly includes the Tennessee Titans, St. Louis Rams, Chicago Bears, Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the Kansas City Chiefs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Ea...?urn=nfl,189901

Is this guy really that good, and would he actually be an upgrade for us?

I am not sure Baskett is that good, but I will say this. I think we have come to realize that you really must question the sources of info. How do they know what teams are supposedly interested. Could it be that Baskett's agent is simply throwing out the names of any team he believes has a need at WR in order to drum up some interest?

Saw this nugget in a Westbrook article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Ea...?urn=nfl,189901

Is this guy really that good, and would he actually be an upgrade for us?

Guest TerraTor
I am not sure Baskett is that good, but I will say this. I think we have come to realize that you really must question the sources of info. How do they know what teams are supposedly interested. Could it be that Baskett's agent is simply throwing out the names of any team he believes has a need at WR in order to drum up some interest?

Please never type that clowns name on here again.....

That is true, I just thought it was funny because he doesn't even seem like a #4 WR let alone someone we would want.

One of the 3 floozies that "dated" Hugh Hefner on a reality show I think called "Girls next Door". Even by Hollywood standards, the plastic was quite obvious. ...and annoying as well. Oddly, my wife loved the show...probably to laugh at the idiocy of the 3 girls. At first I was game to watch given the generic subject matter, but it got old fast.

Who is she?

I caught the show channel surfing one night. Three hot chicks in nighties in a bed room. I paused, realized it wasn't cable, and thus what I saw was all I would see, and moved on.

One of the 3 floozies that "dated" Hugh Hefner on a reality show I think called "Girls next Door". Even by Hollywood standards, the plastic was quite obvious. ...and annoying as well. Oddly, my wife loved the show...probably to laugh at the idiocy of the 3 girls. At first I was game to watch given the generic subject matter, but it got old fast.

You guys act like we have competent receivers on our team. If he can catch a ball, and run a route without breaking it off or making up his own pattern he is already better than some of the guys we trot out there and call receivers.

If this guy was any good then why would he dropped during the season. Please I would pass, like has been said that Cutler needs time to develop with this current set of receivers. I believe we will be just fine at WR.

I basically agree.

I also see no problem trying to draft another...

However, i wonder if the best move could be a coaching change... either WR coach or OC...

Here's my take: suck it up throughout the year, and go out this offseason and sign a true #1, like say...Vincent Jackson, TO, Brandon Marshall, Greg Jennings, or try to trade for one. Plus, remember, we took Iglesias in round 3 this year. He still has a chance to be a good WR.

Here's my take: suck it up throughout the year, and go out this offseason and sign a true #1, like say...Vincent Jackson, TO, Brandon Marshall, Greg Jennings, or try to trade for one. Plus, remember, we took Iglesias in round 3 this year. He still has a chance to be a good WR.

One of those guys you mentioned is not like the others. Vincent Jackson is not a #1, he's just in a prolific offense with one of the best RBs of all time, and one of the best TEs of all time, and a fairly awesome QB.

One of those guys you mentioned is not like the others. Vincent Jackson is not a #1, he's just in a prolific offense with one of the best RBs of all time, and one of the best TEs of all time, and a fairly awesome QB.

Except he's huge, and JC loves big WR's. I'm not sure what I'd like the team to do. We could sign Jackson and go for it big time. The window for our defense as well as our OL is potentially closing fast. We could wait for Iglesias and Aromashodu to improve and Hester/Bennett to continue to get better, but at the time, the window might be closed.