May I Ask?

lemonej

The past TC showed us that Cutler had a preference for Brandon Rideau and Devin Aromashodu and during the first game Rideau was on his couch and DA was inactive I guess with Davis getting some playing time. Why would they decide to play Davis over DA?

DA has a quad injury.

Davis is not expected to do jack as a WR. I think it was Angelo who said that, when deciding on the 5th/6th WR spot, you are looking heavily at special teams play. I don't think there is a lot expected of the 6th WR except to play special teams.

What surprised me was, if I am not mistaken, Iglesias was not even active. That means we went into the game w/ 3 WRs (Hester, Bennett & Knox) and a 4th who was not expected to play WR. W/ Aromashodu out, I would have expected Iglesias to be active.

IMHO, our only going into the game w/ 3 WRs expected to play WR really shows what our plans are on offense, and how heavily we intend to lean on our TEs.

Hey Connor do you know how long DA is out. And did Davis do anything at all this past game I don't recall his name even being mentioned on offense that is. I did of course see him on ST.

I've got to imagine that will change w/ Clark out... How significantly, we'll see.

Davis is not expected to do jack as a WR. I think it was Angelo who said that, when deciding on the 5th/6th WR spot, you are looking heavily at special teams play. I don't think there is a lot expected of the 6th WR except to play special teams.

What surprised me was, if I am not mistaken, Iglesias was not even active. That means we went into the game w/ 3 WRs (Hester, Bennett & Knox) and a 4th who was not expected to play WR. W/ Aromashodu out, I would have expected Iglesias to be active.

IMHO, our only going into the game w/ 3 WRs expected to play WR really shows what our plans are on offense, and how heavily we intend to lean on our TEs.

NFO this is a pattern with Turner since he has been here. Lets keep an eye on this. I can't remember if he was here when Marcus Robinson was here but he was here with Curtis Conway and he never dveloped to be a number one when he was here. I believe he is really hard on rookir WRs.

Hey Connor do you know how long DA is out. And did Davis do anything at all this past game I don't recall his name even being mentioned on offense that is. I did of course see him on ST.

I don't think Davis was on the field for anything but special teams. DA was listed as doubtful but I believe he should be back any-week.

True, but you're ignoring the fact that Davis is a good route runner who can fill in at all 3 WR spots. I never remember him quitting on a play. Hell, we might have been better off with him out there on Sunday. He's a nice back-up IMO.

What surprised me was, if I am not mistaken, Iglesias was not even active.

Iglesias did absolutely nothing all pre-season. He'll see less time this year then Earl Bennett did last season.

That means we went into the game w/ 3 WRs (Hester, Bennett & Knox) and a 4th who was not expected to play WR. W/ Aromashodu out, I would have expected Iglesias to be active.

Don't forget that Olsen is often used as our slot receiver, diminishing the WR position. Did I mention Iglesias sucks? What I'm curious to see is if we even have room for DA with Knox making the big-play. Hub Arkush on the SCORE said he felt Knox was our best WR . . . and he added Knox was a really bad WR at this point.

True. I'm anxious to see what Kellen Davis can do with Des Clark out.

Per Rotoworld:

Bears third receiver Devin Aromashodu is not on the Week 2 injury report.

A quadriceps strain kept him out of Week 1. Aromashodu and Jay Cutler showed impressive chemistry this preseason, so his return will help. Rookie Johnny Knox flashed dangerous speed on Sunday, but Aromashodu has nearly as much, better size, and is a much better route runner.

Ha Christ. good luck with that...

Screw Hub, it doesn't matter what he thinks. All the so called experts say that our WR's suck. These will be the same guys that when Hester blows up for 150 yards and 2 TD's they will be sitting right there and saying "See, what did I tell you, I told you he would be good." Just remember all the nay sayers and watch how much they flop around its horrible. I believe our WR's are much better than what they are given credit for. Pix and I have been saying since the draft that Knox is going to be a really good WR especially if he can improve his route running skills. The problem with our WR's except for Davis is the lack of experience. Hester has only been in the position for 2 years. This is Bennett's 1st year really, DA hasn't played yet, Knox has played 1 game, Iglesias hasn't played yet.

Screw Hub, it doesn't matter what he thinks. All the so called experts say that our WR's suck. These will be the same guys that when Hester blows up for 150 yards and 2 TD's they will be sitting right there and saying "See, what did I tell you, I told you he would be good." Just remember all the nay sayers and watch how much they flop around its horrible. I believe our WR's are much better than what they are given credit for. Pix and I have been saying since the draft that Knox is going to be a really good WR especially if he can improve his route running skills. The problem with our WR's except for Davis is the lack of experience. Hester has only been in the position for 2 years. This is Bennett's 1st year really, DA hasn't played yet, Knox has played 1 game, Iglesias hasn't played yet.

Hub is the same guy a couple of weeks ago while previewing the NFC North on PFW Weekly on the SCOE said that clearly Knox was not ready to make an impact on the field as a WR and that he might have some value in the return game.Well I'm not an expert like Hub but if the Steelers see Knox on the field I don't think the safety will come up to the box so fast.

Hub is the same guy a couple of weeks ago while previewing the NFC North on PFW Weekly on the SCOE said that clearly Knox was not ready to make an impact on the field as a WR and that he might have some value in the return game.Well I'm not an expert like Hub but if the Steelers see Knox on the field I don't think the safety will come up to the box so fast.

I can't imagine any safety will be quick to do so especially seeing Knox and Hester out there together lol.

I can't imagine any safety will be quick to do so especially seeing Knox and Hester out there together lol.

Thats what I'm saying Btwig. Sometimes its what teams show on tape that may cause a DC to alter his thinking and I believe this may help Forte get bettter running lanes.