Looking ahead to Seattle

adam

Would be really nice not to have Hasselbeck for Week 3.

Per Rotoworld:

According to Seahawks coach Jim Mora, a CT scan revealed only a rib "bruise" after Matt Hasselbeck was hospitalized with the injury Sunday.

The Seahawks have been awfully optimistic about injury situations since Mora took over, and it's fair to question this. Hasselbeck was in a ton of pain after taking a big shot from Pat Willis and was declared out for the game almost immediately afterwards. We're not expecting him to play in Week 3.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be really nice not to have Hasselbeck for Week 3.

Per Rotoworld:

You can thank me. LOL

I have McNabb as my QB in the 2 FFLs I am playing in. He is out.

I have A Gonzalez in both leagues, he's out.

I have Wes Welker in a league, he missed this week.

I picked up Hasselbeck to replace McNabb, see, I told you you couldthank me. :D

Can you trade for Favre...?

You can thank me. LOL

To pull out a win against the steelers is great. To do so with no running game is not a good habit to get into. Against Seatle we should look to pound the ball. If we don't try and run then teams don't bite on play action. If they don't fear our running ability, then teams will stay in packages against the pass, trusting that the front guys will handle the run. No to mention that the longer we go without really running the ball the less confidence we have in running which will worsen with each quarter and each game. I highly doubt that Hasselback will play. Rib injuries that cause players to collapse don't heal up in a week. And Seneca is not going to beat you with his arm. LETS RUN IT DOWN THEIR THROATS!

To pull out a win against the steelers is great. To do so with no running game is not a good habit to get into. Against Seatle we should look to pound the ball. If we don't try and run then teams don't bite on play action. If they don't fear our running ability, then teams will stay in packages against the pass, trusting that the front guys will handle the run. No to mention that the longer we go without really running the ball the less confidence we have in running which will worsen with each quarter and each game. I highly doubt that Hasselback will play. Rib injuries that cause players to collapse don't heal up in a week. And Seneca is not going to beat you with his arm. LETS RUN IT DOWN THEIR THROATS!

Well, we took what the Steelers gave us. It's not surprising that they shut down the run - they gave up 3.3 yds/carry last year, tied for league best. And they held Tennessee's formidable attack with Chris Johnson and Lendale White to 3.4/carry last week. Still, our running game's complete ineptitude was disappointing. And Cedric, of all people, ran well against Green Bay one week after GB shut Forte down.

Looking ahead, Seattle gave up over 200 yards to Frank Gore this week. Based on that, I'm sure they'll be focusing on run defense this week. But if we can't run once again against Seattle, then that would be cause for serious concern. So I agree - Forte needs to get back on track this week.

Guest TerraTor
I'll be at the game. I can't wait. We should be able to get the run game going against Seattle, and we should be able to get pressure on Hasselbeck/Wallace since Walter Jones, Chris Spencer, and Marcus Trufant all probably won't play.

BrianBear is little biatch, but he did play DII football

BrianBear is little biatch, but he did play DII football

Seriously? It's come down to you not being able to take another member's ribbing that you've now got to come on here and call somebody a b****? Settle down, I was just joking around. I know we never get along, but you probably shouldn't take it this far. Be happy the Bears won, which is what I was, so I was just messing around. Take a chill pill, psycho.

Guest TerraTor
Seriously? It's come down to you not being able to take another member's ribbing that you've now got to come on here and call somebody a b****? Settle down, I was just joking around. I know we never get along, but you probably shouldn't take it this far. Be happy the Bears won, which is what I was, so I was just messing around. Take a chill pill, psycho.

Its annoying everytime you post you get an obnoxious comment isnt it?

LOL. I noticed that also, almost choked when he posted that and I read it.

The problem I see is that if you are going to talk smack and throw spears at other posters, you have to be willing to accept it in return. TerraTor loves to dish it out, but becomes very defensive when the tables are turned. It is also ok to have negative feelings, doubts, about the Bears. Not everyone looks at the team with the "glass half full" approach. Some look at it with the "glass half empty" approach. I guess it is depending on your outlook on life in general among other factors. However, TerraTor looks at the team with the "glass totally empty, broken, and thrown in the garbage" approach. Then when there is something really positive going on he forgets what he has been spewing out and finds "my boy, Johnny Knox". LOL.

You can thank me. LOL

Hey John is Stafford still available so we can see him get hurt b4 we play him.

If he does have a cracked rib, especially down where he was hit, he won't be playing this week.

On NFL.com they have a quote from HC Mora that he does indeed have a fractured rib. He refused to comment further. In addition it was noted that:

Mora also said OT Sean Locklear (ankle sprain), FB Justin Griffith (MCL sprain) and CB Josh Wilson (ankle sprain) were injured against the 49ers but the coach didn’t have an update on their status for this week.

I find it funny that Mora won't just call it. It gives false hope to Seahawk fans. Because, I highly doubt that the bears are dumb enough to plan on hasselback playing. The medical staff knows the protocol for a fractured rib. Even if you inject the best stuff available he still will have difficulty breathing and will have major problems (if the fracture is on the right side) genereating anything with zip or depth. Bottom line is he needs rest. Especially with all the other injuries they currently have. Why succept Hasselback to the possibility of worsening his condition. I only say all this because the game plan for Seneca is very different than Hasselback. We can expect more wildcat and rollouts.

I find it funny that Mora won't just call it. It gives false hope to Seahawk fans. Because, I highly doubt that the bears are dumb enough to plan on hasselback playing. The medical staff knows the protocol for a fractured rib. Even if you inject the best stuff available he still will have difficulty breathing and will have major problems (if the fracture is on the right side) genereating anything with zip or depth. Bottom line is he needs rest. Especially with all the other injuries they currently have. Why succept Hasselback to the possibility of worsening his condition. I only say all this because the game plan for Seneca is very different than Hasselback. We can expect more wildcat and rollouts.

Your right. I don't count on Hasselbeck to play cuz I would hate to see the team put his career in jeopardy and they would do that by playing him. Its obvious that he won't play. McNabb suffered a very similar injury in Week 1 and he didn't play in Week 2 and rumor has it that it is highly unlikely that he will play this week. Maybe part of that is because Kolb actually played pretty decent for the most part.

Guest TerraTor
Your right. I don't count on Hasselbeck to play cuz I would hate to see the team put his career in jeopardy and they would do that by playing him. Its obvious that he won't play. McNabb suffered a very similar injury in Week 1 and he didn't play in Week 2 and rumor has it that it is highly unlikely that he will play this week. Maybe part of that is because Kolb actually played pretty decent for the most part.

Sounds like we should be prepared for the Attack of Seneca Wallace

Anyone that has had cracked or broken ribs knows pain that it comes with. I've had cracked ribs and getting out of bed in the morning to take the pain meds was a challenge, breathing is both difficult and painful, now put yourself on the football field trying to outrun that pass rush and throw the ball to the hot read quickly knowing that you'll still take a shot. It would be dumb to have him play like that. Ribs require rest and avoiding things that put stress on those fractures like say taking a sack getting hit repeatedly. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the next two games just as McNabb will likely miss two games. I doubt he's out till their bye week in week 7 but will probably return to play either the Jags or the Cards.

You can thank me. LOL

In that case I wish you had more vikings and pakers especially the real AP and Aaron Rodgers!

I saw on ESPN this morning that the Seahawks are expected to w/o 11 of there projected opening day starters. IMHO this is huge. As far as playing with a cracked rib, I wouldnt expect him to play after seeing how much he was in pain and having to be hospitalized. Breathing is severely affected especially when you have to take the very deep ones when exerting alot of energy.