News on Pisa???

Alaskan Grizzly

I never really heard what his injury was other than a knee. To what extent and is there a projected return for him? I really like his addition and am anxious to see him play.

I believe it was a sprained MCL and they were projecting 4-6 weeks. Most likely, he will be back after the bi-week.

Peace :dabears

I believe it was a sprained MCL and they were projecting 4-6 weeks. Most likely, he will be back after the bi-week.

Peace :dabears

Actually it was a sprained PCL and the time from was 2-4 weeks. I don't expect to see him until we return in Week 6. That will give him 5 weeks to rest up. Our LB's showed during the 2nd half of the GB game and the entire game against Pitt that they aren't horrible and is one reason why we are not going to go after Brooks. This week we get Seattle and we should do well there considering all the injuries that they have suffered so far but we are still playing in Seattle, which is always tough and then next week we get Detroit, which is still Detroit. Everyone complains about Cutler but no one talks about who Stafford is the worst rated QB in the league or how Rodgers has been sacked the most times in the league so far(10) and Favre is right behind him in that same category(7)

Everyone complains about Cutler but no one talks about who Stafford is the worst rated QB in the league or how Rodgers has been sacked the most times in the league so far(10) and Favre is right behind him in that same category(7)

That is because:

Stafford is a rookie QB w/ virtually no expectations starting for a team that didn't win a game last year. If he were not the lowest rated QB in the league, it would be news.

Rodgers has gotten more play in the media (outside of Chicago) than you may realize. I have read plenty of positive, but also plenty of negative about him of late.

Farve. Well, his team has not played anyone, but regardless is 2-0 and Farve was near perfect in his last game (though not for big yards or anything).

I am not sure many are complaining about Cutler now. In fact, his last game generated a ton of positive press for him.

Everyone complains about Cutler but no one talks about who Stafford is the worst rated QB in the league or how Rodgers has been sacked the most times in the league so far(10) and Favre is right behind him in that same category(7)

That is because:

Stafford is a rookie QB w/ virtually no expectations starting for a team that didn't win a game last year. If he were not the lowest rated QB in the league, it would be news.

Rodgers has gotten more play in the media (outside of Chicago) than you may realize. I have read plenty of positive, but also plenty of negative about him of late.

Farve. Well, his team has not played anyone, but regardless is 2-0 and Farve was near perfect in his last game (though not for big yards or anything).

I am not sure many are complaining about Cutler now. In fact, his last game generated a ton of positive press for him.

Hey, let's also not forget Tony Romo's 27.1 QB rating stinker with 3 picks.

On a national level, I would agree Cutler got ripped more than Romo, but I would say a huge part of that is what happened in the offseason. Cutler is a lightning rod. I don't know if he has always been, or always will be, but he is one right now. Coming off a season in which he forced his way out of Denver, he was already high in the spot light. Then to stink up game one? He was not only going to get ripped, but the ripping would be to an extreme.

Also, I think there was a 1st game effect here. If Cutler played great against GB, but then stunk it up against Pitt, I don't think the level he was ripped would be equal. But he stunk it up in game one. Romo stunk this week, but played very well in week one, thus giving him a bit of cushion.

Now w/ that said, that is national. BigDaddy, you say Romo isn't getting ripped here in Dallas as much as Cutler was in Chicago? Man would I disagree w/ that. First off, while I do not live in Chicago (obviously) most of what I read in the Chicago media actually defended Cutler. Some pointed to the weak receivers or poor protection. Others said he simply had a bad game, but so what. He will still be great. Point is, not many (that I read) from the chicago media felt that game was an indication he was anything less than a great QB.

Here is Dallas, feelings for Romo have done a 180. When fans are asked if Dallas can w/ a SB w/ Romo, the answer is a sound NO! Fans and the media here are blasting Romo, saying he simply isn't that smart. He is more worried about his next beach vacation w/ his next starlet rather than his next game. Hell, Randy Galloway, one of the biggest cowboy homers, was calling out Romo. In fact, another media guy (forget who it was now), but Randy said when he heard this guy now doubts if Romo will ever be a great QB, that was huge as this other guy was the biggest Romo supporter out there.

Here in Dallas, many now question whether Romo is even the future, and there is now talk about Dallas looking at Colt McCoy or other young QB prospects in the next draft. As bad as Cutler's game was, I don't recall many (if any) who suddenly questioned whether he was the franchise QB for the bears.

Nationally, I agree Cutler was bashed more, but that has a lot more to do w/ what happened in the offseason, and the fact that we gave up multiple 1st round picks for him. Locally, I think Romo has been questioned FAR MORE than Cutler.

I'm in Dallas as well and it's nowhere near the crap Cutler put up with. And nationally, I see nothing compared to Cutler bashing.

On a national level, I would agree Cutler got ripped more than Romo, but I would say a huge part of that is what happened in the offseason. Cutler is a lightning rod. I don't know if he has always been, or always will be, but he is one right now. Coming off a season in which he forced his way out of Denver, he was already high in the spot light. Then to stink up game one? He was not only going to get ripped, but the ripping would be to an extreme.

Also, I think there was a 1st game effect here. If Cutler played great against GB, but then stunk it up against Pitt, I don't think the level he was ripped would be equal. But he stunk it up in game one. Romo stunk this week, but played very well in week one, thus giving him a bit of cushion.

Now w/ that said, that is national. BigDaddy, you say Romo isn't getting ripped here in Dallas as much as Cutler was in Chicago? Man would I disagree w/ that. First off, while I do not live in Chicago (obviously) most of what I read in the Chicago media actually defended Cutler. Some pointed to the weak receivers or poor protection. Others said he simply had a bad game, but so what. He will still be great. Point is, not many (that I read) from the chicago media felt that game was an indication he was anything less than a great QB.

Here is Dallas, feelings for Romo have done a 180. When fans are asked if Dallas can w/ a SB w/ Romo, the answer is a sound NO! Fans and the media here are blasting Romo, saying he simply isn't that smart. He is more worried about his next beach vacation w/ his next starlet rather than his next game. Hell, Randy Galloway, one of the biggest cowboy homers, was calling out Romo. In fact, another media guy (forget who it was now), but Randy said when he heard this guy now doubts if Romo will ever be a great QB, that was huge as this other guy was the biggest Romo supporter out there.

Here in Dallas, many now question whether Romo is even the future, and there is now talk about Dallas looking at Colt McCoy or other young QB prospects in the next draft. As bad as Cutler's game was, I don't recall many (if any) who suddenly questioned whether he was the franchise QB for the bears.

Nationally, I agree Cutler was bashed more, but that has a lot more to do w/ what happened in the offseason, and the fact that we gave up multiple 1st round picks for him. Locally, I think Romo has been questioned FAR MORE than Cutler.

Great point NFO. From all that I have read is what I have been questioning myself for a while. I have been wondering can Romo actually win a big game. To Jerry Jones the biggest game outside of the SB was the grand opening of his 1.2 bil mansion and he played badly while getting completely outplayed and outsmarted against Eli Manning. Romo has proved to be a good to very good QB in the 1st half of the season and then fizzle away in the 2nd half especially in December. Rex Grossman even has more wins in the postseason that Romo does. Romo is extremely overrated in Fantasy because most draft him to be an elite QB and he isn't. He just a good QB who will have the occasional game where he looks amazing.

Honestly, I think there is a lot to like about Romo. One thing he does that I always wished I saw in Chicago was the way he was able to move around in and out of the pocket, while always looking downfield. Rex would run around, but once pressured, he would basically stop looking downfield. Orton's vision seemed to be limited to the first 5 yards of the field once pressured. Romo is a QB that can continue to look downfield when on the run. We now have a QB who is great in this ability, but that was something I always liked about Romo.

In the end, there are two huge questions on Romo, one of which you already mention. Is he a big game QB? Thus far, the answer has been no. As you said, he is flat out awful in the later part of the season.

Last year, in the first 9 games (excluding a couple he missed) he threw 21 TDs to 8 ints. That is pretty awesome. But in the final 4 games, he threw 5 TDs to 6 Ints, losing 3 of those 4 games.

The year before that, he looked great during the season (minus one Buffalo game where he had 5 picks) but then in the final 3 games, he had 1 TD to 5 picks, losing 2 of those final 3, and then had a 1 to 1 ratio in the playoff loss.

The thinking is, when the pressure is highest, he fails. One guy here made point that many wrote off at the time, but he pressed it. He talked about how Romo is a big time golfer. Romo loves to golf, and loved to play in events, and is actually quite good. But the one part of the game Romo is not good at is putting. He made the point of showing several tournaments when he had big putts, some fairly easy, and Romo always seemed to choke. Now, golf is not football, the the point he made was both can reflect the mental part of the game, which Romo simply seems to lack.

The other knock on him is that he hit it big a bit too quickly. He went from being a nobody to being handed the keys to one of the league's most recognizable franchises. Suddenly, he is in all the tabloids w/ this famous chick or that one. Basically, he went all Holleywood, and it all went to his head. Many here still make a big deal about that vacation he took before a playoff game, when he (and I think Witten) took some ladies to whatever Beach for the weekend prior to a playoff game. Some say it was the players time off, and he can do w/ it as he pleases, but many say it simply showed how he does not take it serious enough.

Great point NFO. From all that I have read is what I have been questioning myself for a while. I have been wondering can Romo actually win a big game. To Jerry Jones the biggest game outside of the SB was the grand opening of his 1.2 bil mansion and he played badly while getting completely outplayed and outsmarted against Eli Manning. Romo has proved to be a good to very good QB in the 1st half of the season and then fizzle away in the 2nd half especially in December. Rex Grossman even has more wins in the postseason that Romo does. Romo is extremely overrated in Fantasy because most draft him to be an elite QB and he isn't. He just a good QB who will have the occasional game where he looks amazing.

Honestly, I think there is a lot to like about Romo. One thing he does that I always wished I saw in Chicago was the way he was able to move around in and out of the pocket, while always looking downfield. Rex would run around, but once pressured, he would basically stop looking downfield. Orton's vision seemed to be limited to the first 5 yards of the field once pressured. Romo is a QB that can continue to look downfield when on the run. We now have a QB who is great in this ability, but that was something I always liked about Romo.

In the end, there are two huge questions on Romo, one of which you already mention. Is he a big game QB? Thus far, the answer has been no. As you said, he is flat out awful in the later part of the season.

Last year, in the first 9 games (excluding a couple he missed) he threw 21 TDs to 8 ints. That is pretty awesome. But in the final 4 games, he threw 5 TDs to 6 Ints, losing 3 of those 4 games.

The year before that, he looked great during the season (minus one Buffalo game where he had 5 picks) but then in the final 3 games, he had 1 TD to 5 picks, losing 2 of those final 3, and then had a 1 to 1 ratio in the playoff loss.

The thinking is, when the pressure is highest, he fails. One guy here made point that many wrote off at the time, but he pressed it. He talked about how Romo is a big time golfer. Romo loves to golf, and loved to play in events, and is actually quite good. But the one part of the game Romo is not good at is putting. He made the point of showing several tournaments when he had big putts, some fairly easy, and Romo always seemed to choke. Now, golf is not football, the the point he made was both can reflect the mental part of the game, which Romo simply seems to lack.

The other knock on him is that he hit it big a bit too quickly. He went from being a nobody to being handed the keys to one of the league's most recognizable franchises. Suddenly, he is in all the tabloids w/ this famous chick or that one. Basically, he went all Holleywood, and it all went to his head. Many here still make a big deal about that vacation he took before a playoff game, when he (and I think Witten) took some ladies to whatever Beach for the weekend prior to a playoff game. Some say it was the players time off, and he can do w/ it as he pleases, but many say it simply showed how he does not take it serious enough.

Romo sometimes shows why he was undrafted and in big games it gets magnified. Its no different from Kurt Warner who if he is not surrounded by great players struggles at best.