Housh pissy at Angelo...nice locker room material.

madlithuanian

T.J. Houshmandzadeh got a lot of attention this offseason because of what he said, in addition to what he did: sign with the Seahawks.

He's been quiet on the field with his new team, trailing Nate Burleson and John Carlson slightly in receptions and yards. But Housh isn't done talking yet.

In advance of this week's game against the Bears, Housmandzadeh was asked if he had any serious talks with Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo.

"Man, the Bears ain't holler at me,'' he said. "Jerry Angelo probably didn't even think I could play. So I'm going to show him Sunday."

Houshmandzadeh will have to show him without being fully healthy. The former Bengal sat out practice Wednesday with a back injury, but Seahawks coach Jim Mora says that his wideout will be ready.

Matt Hasselbeck's status is far less certain. A broken rib kept him out of practice Wednesday, and the Seahawks are treating his injury as "day-to-day."

Also uncertain is whether Houshmandzadeh is enough of a difference-maker to be worth all the money Seattle is paying him. Angelo clearly didn't think so.

On Sunday, Houshmandzadeh gets to prove him wrong.

Permalink 0 Comments Back to Top

Housh signed a 5 year 40 million $$$ contract with 15 guaranteed.

Granted it's WAY early, but after 2 weeks:

Housh: 10 catches, 110 yards, long of 22, 0 TD's

Johnny Knox: 8 catches, 152 yards, long of 68, 1 TD

Knox is making damn near the minimum and he's not bitching about Seattle's GM while missing practice with a bad-back.

Housh should ultimately have a better season, but Seattle over-paid for him. Just like they over-paid for Deion Branch and Nate Burselson. Good luck with that.

Without Hasselbeck I can see blitzes in Seatles future. Blitzes to an unproven quarterback increases levels of impatience for recievers to get open. Increased impatience for seneca means check downs to running backs and not big yards for recievers. Is it me or was both Housh and TO born under power lines. Telling your opposing defense that you will show them doesn't make it any easier on your unproven quarterback.

Guest TerraTor
Without Hasselbeck I can see blitzes in Seatles future. Blitzes to an unproven quarterback increases levels of impatience for recievers to get open. Increased impatience for seneca means check downs to running backs and not big yards for recievers. Is it me or was both Housh and TO born under power lines. Telling your opposing defense that you will show them doesn't make it any easier on your unproven quarterback.

Wallace started like 9-10 games Last season didnt he? I remember he got hurt halfway thru his tenure... Anyway, his numbers werent all that terrible. The yardages were probably bad, but minimal TOs... We should blitz the hell outta him and at the same time get outta that friggin zone we drop into during those which apparently our DBs have no clue how to run... Either way, its 98% safe to say that Seneca will be starting

Here...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6446/g....uLYF?year=2008

I say, who gives a rats ass what this douchebag says? Just because JA didn't sign him he's gonna show us what weve been missing? Jesus, why hasn't he done that to the first 2 teams he played. They passed on him too? It's sad that this is what motivates a guy. My advice, shut the phuck up and just play. The less we make of it the better. We just need to go out and play the way we're capable of.

Nobody wants an aging 30 something year old WR that's demanding alot of money. I'm glad we didn't get him. We'll show him on Sunday!

Actually, I'd love to have him on this team. It wasn't so much the money he signed for, but the years he signed for. If he was playing for us, we'd have Bennett, Hester, Knox, Iglesias, DA, and then him. Chances are, Knox would've never gotten this shot and neither would DA if we had Housh.