Seattle injury updates

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I hadn't realized just the extent of their injuries. Mora talked about how 13 of his starters are hurt. That is really bad. Also, they talked about how the injuries have not been season ending, which is good, but the problem is they have been strapped in terms of bringing in players to replace injured players, who are still counting against their 53 man roster. So not only are they missing starters, but their depth is thins right now as well. Also, frankly I don't follow Seattle as much, and didn't realize the value of some of the names.

Hasselbeck is well discussed. I talked the other day about their LT situation, and even though Walter Jones is practicing, this is still going to be a weak area for them. Tatupu also has been well discussed. Others though who have not been as well talked about.

Mebane is a starting DT who had 5.5 sacks last year, and who was expected to be a key piece to their DL this season. I read some Seattle fans who were saying he was 2nd in importance to Hasselbeck in terms of injuries.

Josh Wilson is a starting CB, and he is out. Wilson I think was already replacing Trufant, who is on the PUP list. That means they are startig to get fairly deep into the CB depth chart. Thus their starting CB is weaker, but so is their nickel, who will fact Knox. And while he is likely to play, their other CB (Ken Lucas) is limited w/ a groin injury.

So they are seriously hurting in their secondary, liking missing their key LB and also likely missing the interior pass rusher. Cutler should have 300 and Forte 150 facing a defense this beat up.

On the other side, they will have their backup QB. If Hassel plays, I think they are even worse off as he would struggle to play w/ such an injury. Blind side protection is going to struggle as they will have to start either a still hurting Jones or their #4 OT. We may be missing Urlacher and Pisa, but our defense should not have trouble handling this offense.

This week should not only be a win, but a blowout win at that.

OUT:

LeRoy Hill

Sean Locklear

Josh Wilson

NO PRACTICE TODAY:

Matt Hasselbeck

TJ Houshmandzadeh

Brandon MeBane

Lofa Tatupu

LIMITED PRACTICE:

Ken Lucas

FULL PRACTICE: