Anthony Adams

nfoligno

I have always liked him. I wanted him when I saw he was available, and was thrilled to get him. I honestly never felt he got a fair shake, as I thought he earned his playing time, but was held back as he wasn't the ideal fit for Lovie's scheme. But due to injuries, he got his playing time and kept it. IMHO, he has been our most consistent DT, and maybe most consistent DL overall. He doesn't make the big plays others do, but seems to get solid push everydown, and is maybe the biggest reason our defense began to improve against the run after Dusty went down and Adams stepped in.

Anyway, there is a pretty good piece on him, from him, in the Trib,

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....assing-gas.html

Couple pieces that really stuck to for me.

I'm real hard on myself, so I never think that I do too great. I just have to stay consistent.

Can someone explain to Tommie Harris why this is a good thing, as opposed to Tommie telling us how well he played last year.

We don't have to come in on Mondays after a win, but I do. I come in at 8, 8:30 a.m. to run, get that soreness out of me. You have to. If I played 40 plays, I just got into 40 car accidents.

In the film room, we make up lists for fines. Like (passing gas) is a $20 fine. If you fall asleep, that's like $20. If you jump offside in practice and we see it on the practice film, that's $20 and $100 for in the game. Mark Anderson might be the worst (gas-passer) ever. He takes these protein shakes, so he smells like little babies do.

Freaking classic. I absolutely love the "behind the closed door" stories from players.

I try to come home and play with little Anthony to give my wife time to rest and not have to do all that baby talk. When I get home, my son won't let me do anything until I give him at least five good minutes of throwing the football. You can't take the football away from him any. He's only 19 months old.

As a father, reading something like this has just that much more meaning. Such a contrast to all the players who go out and party after a game, only to get busted for a DWI on the way home.

I have always liked him. I wanted him when I saw he was available, and was thrilled to get him. I honestly never felt he got a fair shake, as I thought he earned his playing time, but was held back as he wasn't the ideal fit for Lovie's scheme. But due to injuries, he got his playing time and kept it. IMHO, he has been our most consistent DT, and maybe most consistent DL overall. He doesn't make the big plays others do, but seems to get solid push everydown, and is maybe the biggest reason our defense began to improve against the run after Dusty went down and Adams stepped in.

Anyway, there is a pretty good piece on him, from him, in the Trib,

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....assing-gas.html

Couple pieces that really stuck to for me.

I'm real hard on myself, so I never think that I do too great. I just have to stay consistent.

Can someone explain to Tommie Harris why this is a good thing, as opposed to Tommie telling us how well he played last year.

We don't have to come in on Mondays after a win, but I do. I come in at 8, 8:30 a.m. to run, get that soreness out of me. You have to. If I played 40 plays, I just got into 40 car accidents.

In the film room, we make up lists for fines. Like (passing gas) is a $20 fine. If you fall asleep, that's like $20. If you jump offside in practice and we see it on the practice film, that's $20 and $100 for in the game. Mark Anderson might be the worst (gas-passer) ever. He takes these protein shakes, so he smells like little babies do.

Freaking classic. I absolutely love the "behind the closed door" stories from players.

I try to come home and play with little Anthony to give my wife time to rest and not have to do all that baby talk. When I get home, my son won't let me do anything until I give him at least five good minutes of throwing the football. You can't take the football away from him any. He's only 19 months old.

As a father, reading something like this has just that much more meaning. Such a contrast to all the players who go out and party after a game, only to get busted for a DWI on the way home.

Another quirk of Adams is that he is a Lemonhead addict like myself and the piece last year on Bears Gameday Live with him touring the Ferrarra Pan Candy Company was classic with him actually adding ingredients to a candy run was hillarious.

As a player he has improved tremendously and he was rumored to be in the Bears sights when he came out of college.

Yea. I remember the draft rumors also. I liked him in the draft, but he went to SF, and after one year, they changed defensive schemes and he became an awful fit. I thought he would fit well for us.

I drove the nuts watching lesser DTs play over Adams, just because Adams isn't a pass rusher. Sorry, but I'll take Adams anyday. He may not rush the passer, but he is great against the run, eats up space and can push the pocket. IMHO, you need one DT like him.

Another quirk of Adams is that he is a Lemonhead addict like myself and the piece last year on Bears Gameday Live with him touring the Ferrarra Pan Candy Company was classic with him actually adding ingredients to a candy run was hillarious.

As a player he has improved tremendously and he was rumored to be in the Bears sights when he came out of college.

Yea. I remember the draft rumors also. I liked him in the draft, but he went to SF, and after one year, they changed defensive schemes and he became an awful fit. I thought he would fit well for us.

I drove the nuts watching lesser DTs play over Adams, just because Adams isn't a pass rusher. Sorry, but I'll take Adams anyday. He may not rush the passer, but he is great against the run, eats up space and can push the pocket. IMHO, you need one DT like him.

IMHO Adams style of play is perfectly complimentary to Harris' healthy style of play and I believe he is one of the main reasons our run defense has been decent so far the other is that we have untalked about more speed on D. Adams is deserving of any praise he gets and he kind of reminds me of Steve Mc Michael of the 85 Bears.

Gotta ask...is that how you have the "lemonej' name?

My friend in the bay area was thrilled for us when he landed in Chicago. he told me we were getting one hell of a player that Nolan couldn't figure out to do with...

Gotta ask...is that how you have the "lemonej' name?

Its two fold my head has a point to it and my light complexion(for a blackman) is considered yellow so during a card game with my 16 inch(Chicago-style) softball team members ,one of my teammates blirted out he was being beaten by a Lemonhead and a Boston Baked Bean.The later name was that of a dark complexioned teammate of mine because we were kickin' their rears in a card game that was his only retort. So the name stuck and the next year on the back of my jersey I asked for them to put Lemonhead on there and my number was 00 and if anyone can remember me from my bearstalk days I had 00 in my sig.

Good deal!

I wish I had a better story for mine!

I'm just mad as a hatter and of Lithuanian heritage!

Its two fold my head has a point to it and my light complexion(for a blackman) is considered yellow so during a card game with my 16 inch(Chicago-style) softball team members ,one of my teammates blirted out he was being beaten by a Lemonhead and a Boston Baked Bean.The later name was that of a dark complexioned teammate of mine because we were kickin' their rears in a card game that was his only retort. So the name stuck and the next year on the back of my jersey I asked for them to put Lemonhead on there and my number was 00 and if anyone can remember me from my bearstalk days I had 00 in my sig.

Ha! Other than saying Butkus is Lithuanian and so was Charles Bronson...most people think it's just a small island near Greece!

:cheers

Well most people are "not smarter than a fifth grader". Everone knows, even fifth graders, Lithuania is actually a small island shaped like a lemonhead in the Baltic Sea. :huh: