I guess sometimes....

Connorbear

My momma said, "even the sun shines on a dogs ass once in awhile." Now that can be taken for each team. Me personally I think that the bears came went on the road, looking on paper and believing that they should walk all over them. It proves the point that every one should come ready every game. So for all those that look ahead to detroit with the same mentality as was the case with Seattle. Tread carefully.

Every team has these games. I can think of New England, Indy right off the bat in recent weeks. We are not an elite team, I think we're a good team better than .500 and possible playoff team. Oline struggles are nothing new for any team playing in Seattle. When the OTs have to be watching the ball at the snap it's tough to pick your blocking assignments and that showed all game long especially for Pace who is slow coming out of his stance. I'll take the win and keep hoping for progress on the Oline in the next few weeks.

Cutler and Knox have been the big difference so far in the season. It's hard to say what our wins/losses would be if Kyle or Rex would have been QB now but I think it's safe to say already in 3 weeks, Cutler has done some things that those other guys simply can't and would not do. That TD pass to Olsen today was a perfect example of a Pro Bowl QB that separates himself from everyone else. Knox has also been a pleasant surprise and has made our receiving core young and explosive. Devin Hester has also stepped up in big time situations.

it is better to be lucky than good. The Bears were very lucky to win today.

Peace :dabears

No doubt. How else do you explain both Jeff Reed and Olindo Mare (both reputable kickers) missing two FG's each in the last two weeks? In either case, had those FG's gone through we could very well be looking at 0-3.

The Bears collectively need to step it up. Last week the Defense looked pretty good, not so much this weekend (save Roach and Afalava). The offense appeared slow at the start but again are starting to look like things are gelling. Funny that not so many folks are saying the Bears need a veteran WR so much any more but instead a LB like Derrick Brooks or even another OL.

Cutler is much different than Rex though they are somewhat similar in style. Jay has better arm strength, body, and mental control. I hear so much about Jay being a mental case and other fans and such think that he is basically Rex 2.0 and all you need to do is get into his head and rattle him. But what I've seen from him says otherwise. Put Rex in the same situation as the preseason game against the Broncos he would have crapped his pants, when adversity hits Rex would melt everyone knew it and so goal one in the game was to get him unsettled and you'd be gold. With Jay when adversity hits that's when he takes a breath and works through it he doesn't seem to focus or dwell on prior mistakes but instead focuses on making the most out of the play at hand. It keeps him calm and it's a quality that a good QB has. You are going to throw picks you are going to have bad passes, there are times where you may get striped of the ball, times when you hold the ball to long and get a sack or have to throw it away when you had someone open. We are so used to seeing these mistakes as the norm from our QB's that we've begun to expect it and when we see it we only anticipate more of the norm. That is how we've coped with crappy QB play over the years we've prepared ourselves for regular mistakes and misscues. Where Jay differs is he can fight through those mistakes and miscues. A bad start doesn't automatically = bad game. The better QB's in this league rebound from mistakes.

I know that I'm so used to mediocrity form our QB's that when I see a pick it's so easy to start thinking here we go again. Fact is they happen. The important thing is how the QB comes back from that, do you sulk or go into a shell or do you just acknowledge the error and move on. Cutler is different than the guys we've had before because he can put it behind him and move on. When your in that offensive huddle after your QB threw a pick or two and his demeanor is timid and seems unsettled it spreads like a cancer to the rest of the offensive unit replacing confidence with lack of confidence. But if your QB approaches the huddle unchanged and encouraging his teammates to let it go and we'll get this one that shows leadership and the other 10 guys in the huddle can feed off that and you begin to build on the positives rather than dwell on the mistakes. Favre is a good example of this he has had a multitude of highlights but as had his share of low-lights as well but he doesn't fret because he believe he'll make the next big play or clutch throw. To be successful in the NFL you must have a short memory. With the Bears history we are used to dwelling on the mistakes.

Knox has really stepped up. I was jazzed about this kid watching video of him after we drafted him. I had no clue who on earth he was till we picked him. He is ridiculously fast and shows very good instincts and body control and has good hands. That TD was a thing of beauty, he jukes a guy out of his jock then keeps his balance and stays inbounds long enough while being hit and knocks the pylon down with the ball. The game doesn't seem to big for him he looks comfortable plays like a vet. Teams will have to start accounting for him. How funny is it that the throw in 5th round pick in the Cutler trade turns out to be a stud WR. LOL

Hester has really impressed me this year, he has consistently made big plays and key catches in the clutch. I like that he is catching balls with his hand then bringing them in rather than body catching. I'll admit my expectations of him were quite low I figured him to be little more than a gimmick WR who's only skill would really be burn his man deep for the bomb. While I don't think that he'll ever be a great WR I think he'll be more than serviceable.

As far as the games go:

In Green Bay as ugly as that game was we still had a chance to win it but in the end we couldn't make up for our mistakes.

Against Pittsburgh we had 2 missed FG's in the Steelers game which would have made us down by 6 rather than tied on that last drive. We'd have had to drive the length of the field for a TD. Instead we had the luxury of milking the clock for the FG at the end of regulation. Worst case we miss and go into overtime. Had Reed not missed the FG's we'd have had one option score a TD or lose. With over 2 min to go and time outs plus the 2 min warning we would have had time to work our way down the field and would have been more aggressive. We very well may have won that one regardless

In Seattle we had two turnovers early in the second half deep in their end which we got 10 points off of. They missed like 2 or 3 FG's in that game. In reality they very well could have been milking the clock on that last drive to give us as little time as possible to get in FG range to try and tie the game for overtime. In my book we were lucky they missed those FG's Their miscues bailed our defense out several times.

the game could have gone either way but the Bears made enough plays to win so I wouldn't say we didn't deserve to win, In an ugly game we found a way to win. Should we have won with less drama, yes. But I'd have been ticked had we lost a game we should have won. We're 2-1 whether we won going away or barley won. There are things that need to improve but there are positives as well.

the game could have gone either way but the Bears made enough plays to win so I wouldn't say we didn't deserve to win, In an ugly game we found a way to win. Should we have won with less drama, yes. But I'd have been ticked had we lost a game we should have won. We're 2-1 whether we won going away or barley won. There are things that need to improve but there are positives as well.

We are 2-1 where we could be 0-3 if it not for Cutler. The WR's are starting to make JA look pretty good for not pikcing up a #1 guy.

We are 2-1 where we could be 0-3 if it not for Cutler. The WR's are starting to make JA look pretty good for not pikcing up a #1 guy.

Let's face it, one of the top FA WRs is a guy we faced yesterday and held to 35 yds receiving and a fumble so what did we miss? You are right though, we could be 0-3 if not for Cutler.

Let's face it, one of the top FA WRs is a guy we faced yesterday and held to 35 yds receiving and a fumble so what did we miss? You are right though, we could be 0-3 if not for Cutler.

And this was the same guy that was calling out our DB's. I think our DB's won. Usually when a football player calls out an opponent, the opponent wins. Maybe players will stop guaranteeing things.

it is better to be lucky than good. The Bears were very lucky to win today.

how were we lucky, Even if they make both FG we end up tied, i would take our chances in OT against the Seahawks. Also the FG's missed were both 45yards + which are not gimme FG's. Now if Mare missed 2 25yarders then i would agree

...and let's not forget how lucky they were. 2 defenders bouncing off a journeyman RB for a score, a tipped passed that landed right into the paws of a Seattle defender, a missed Gould FG (granted it was long), double bonehead facemasks, false starts, etc...

It goes both ways. We simply made more of our opportunities.

how were we lucky, Even if they make both FG we end up tied, i would take our chances in OT against the Seahawks. Also the FG's missed were both 45yards + which are not gimme FG's. Now if Mare missed 2 25yarders then i would agree

Mare missed from 37 and 45. Further, I am not sure how the ref overturned the Forte fumble. I really didn't see the evidence for that.

Mare missed from 37 and 45. Further, I am not sure how the ref overturned the Forte fumble. I really didn't see the evidence for that.

37 and 45 are not gimme FG's. If the guy missed two 30yarders and under then i would say we were lucky.Let's say he makes one of them, we still win by 3. either way with Hester's TD we would have been tied if he made both. do we have problems to fix yes, but to say it was lucky IMO is not right. especially when your QB goes 21-27 with 275 and 3 TD's.

37 and 45 are not gimme FG's. If the guy missed two 30yarders and under then i would say we were lucky.Let's say he makes one of them, we still win by 3. either way with Hester's TD we would have been tied if he made both. do we have problems to fix yes, but to say it was lucky IMO is not right. especially when your QB goes 21-27 with 275 and 3 TD's.

Well, we are all entitled to our opinions. IMO they were lucky.