Looking ahead to Detroit

adam

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...s-week-to-week/

Though Lions running back Kevin Smith has expressed optimism that he'll be able to return from a shoulder injury to play at Chicago on Sunday, a league source tells us that Smith's availability is "week to week" at this point.

"I'm alive," Smith said Monday, per Nicholas Cotsonika of the Detroit Free Press. "I'm not ready to play if we had to play a game tomorrow, and that's just probably because of the general soreness. But I'm 22 years old. I usually heal pretty fast. I don't have any bone damage or anything like that."

This would be a nice break for the Bears.

Why we always hoping guys are out? Are we that unconfident?

I continue to re-read his post and I can't find where he said- "I hope Smith is out".

I said I hope he's out this Sunday, but I meant that if he's going to be out, I hope it's just for this Sunday because I love the way he runs and I think he's going to be a star in this league, so I didn't want him to miss a lot of time. I wanted him or Forte in the 2008 draft.

Guest TerraTor
I continue to re-read his post and I can't find where he said- "I hope Smith is out".

I said I hope he's out this Sunday, but I meant that if he's going to be out, I hope it's just for this Sunday because I love the way he runs and I think he's going to be a star in this league, so I didn't want him to miss a lot of time. I wanted him or Forte in the 2008 draft.

didnt accuse anyone of it, just worded wrong. Relax man remember.......

04368651.jpg

Because all that matters at the end of the day is winning the game, and any and all advantages a team can get is a good thing. If we are playing Minny in Chicago, I am hoping for horrible weather and field conditions so AP slips on his arce all day. It isn't that I fear Kevin Smith so much as his being out helps the bears, and regardless whether we need it or not, I cheer for anything that helps the bears.

For this specific case, we are missing two LBs, and are working to adjust, especially in the middle. If we don't have to face a very good RB right now, that is a good thing. I hope that after the bye, we will have things better in place, but while we work on that, I have no problem facing an easier challenge.

didnt accuse anyone of it, just worded wrong. Relax man remember.......

04368651.jpg

On the one hand, an easier matchup would put my mind at ease, given how Julius Jones was gashing our defense on Sunday. On the other hand, I don't like feeling like we won because of injuries. In the Pittsburgh game, it kind of felt fair to play the Steelers minus Polamalu since we were missing Urlacher.

So I guess I hope Smith can play, but it'll be a relief if he can't. In the Redskins game, Detroit didn't run the ball nearly as well after Smith went down. Maurice Morris is a credible backup and Aaron Brown looks like he's developing into a nice change-of-pace back, but neither of them is nearly the threat that Smith is.

I was just posting anything related to the Bears-Lions game, and an injury to their starting RB seemed to be post-worthy. I was hoping for anyone to be out. I think the Bears will win the game pretty easily. I just want to see a big early lead so we can get the ground game going.

I really like what the Cowboys did last night. They had a sort of Play-action, delayed draw, trap that was really successful.

Why we always hoping guys are out? Are we that unconfident?

That is a very simple question to answer. Easier to WIN with there star out. I have said it at least a 1000 times in the past 2 weeks. It doesn't matter how you win just as long as you win. There is no where that says that a WIN only counts against a fully healthy team playing at there best. Its called being opportunistic. We have to take advantage of this. Its got nothing to do with confidence. I hope all of us believe we can win this game by at least 10 pts even with them fully healthy. But it doesn't matter to me if we win by 1 pt or by 50 pts. A win is a win no matter how you slice it up and at the end of the year you look at how many wins did we have.