Cutler's rushing TD

BearFan2000

Did anyone else have flashbacks of Jimmy Mac when Jay dove for the end zone from two yards out? We have a QB who is athletic and has a cannon, who can beat you multiple ways.

thumb_1254687538.jpg

Yes, I thought the same thing, and came here to post that. Glad to see someone else was on the same page, and beat me to it. Cutler is reminiscent of McMahon in many ways - his swagger, and the heart that he displayed on that play. Also, he can be aloof with the media. Injury risk, yes, but some times as a qb you need to forget about that and win your team over with your heart. And set the tone as a leader that that is how the team is expected to play. Just go for 6. Love it.

But that said I do hope Cutler holds up over his career more than McMahon did. I don't want a replay of Flutie in 1986.

You see the difference between a young QB who's on his way to being elite (Cutler) and a young QB who's way overrated due to where he plays (Romo).

Cutler has that killer instinct to win a game (Steelers, Seahawks). All I heard about him is that when you need him most, he won't be there, and that's been totally false. Cutler dives and risks a lot by going for that TD, and it just shows what a future-elite QB will do to win a game.

Romo, on the other hand, throws awful passes all 2nd half, and can't the ball in from the 1 to win a game.

I most definitely thought of Mad Mac when Cutler went spinning over the goal line. It just goes to show how pathetic the media is that their first reference during a Chicago Bears game against a divisional opponent and they reference Mr. Ed and not Mad Mac is somewhat disheartening. It was bad enough that they kept talking up the Lay Downs and seemingly to a degree bashing Da' Bears. As I said, I definitely had flashbacks of McMahon spinning into the endzone and then headbutting his offensive line. I am very happy with our QB for once in a real damn long time. Hope JA gets off his ass and signs Cutler to a long term deal.

I most definitely thought of Mad Mac when Cutler went spinning over the goal line. It just goes to show how pathetic the media is that their first reference during a Chicago Bears game against a divisional opponent and they reference Mr. Ed and not Mad Mac is somewhat disheartening. It was bad enough that they kept talking up the Lay Downs and seemingly to a degree bashing Da' Bears. As I said, I definitely had flashbacks of McMahon spinning into the endzone and then headbutting his offensive line. I am very happy with our QB for once in a real damn long time. Hope JA gets off his ass and signs Cutler to a long term deal.

I think we all know that if Cutler continues his great work over the next couple games that we will. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that we will resign prior to seasons end.