Anybody watch the MNF Game Yesterday? Bears Related

Noots

Man, all I gotta say is that Lovie and his staff need to re-examine how they evaluate the talent they have in camp. A lot of us here recognized that FB Lusaka Polite was a hammer and yet we let him go despite him busting people up in preseason a few years ago.

Last night, that guy was a beast. To me, it's nice to have the RBs that Miami does, but this guy Polite is a difference maker. He was leading the way on just about every run and screen, picked up countless blitzes, and when they needed a yard, this guy would get into his block and get + movement every time.

We haven't had that here in ages...unless you wanna count the time that he was in our camp. Doh!

Man, all I gotta say is that Lovie and his staff need to re-examine how they evaluate the talent they have in camp. A lot of us here recognized that FB Lusaka Polite was a hammer and yet we let him go despite him busting people up in preseason a few years ago.

Last night, that guy was a beast. To me, it's nice to have the RBs that Miami does, but this guy Polite is a difference maker. He was leading the way on just about every run and screen, picked up countless blitzes, and when they needed a yard, this guy would get into his block and get + movement every time.

We haven't had that here in ages...unless you wanna count the time that he was in our camp. Doh!

I have been saying that McKie sucks for along time....but no one is hearing me

Agreed 100%. He had a great game and I wish we would have kept him over McKie. I have a feeling McKie must have pictures of Angelo with farm animals. ;)

Peace :dabears

I said the same thing. I wanted to keep Polite over McKee. But sometimes coaches like the familiar. Just like Rashied Davis.

I've been calling for a real FB for a while now. Our staff likes versatile FBs, but in trying to find one that can do everything, they have ended up w/ on that can do nothing well. In no phase do I think McKie looks good. Even as a receiver, which the staff says he is good at, he seems minimal. He has numerous drops, but even when he catches the ball, he goes down in a hurry as he has so little running ability.

I would so love to just see a smash mouth blocking FB. I don't care if he can catch or not. Just give me a guy who is essentially a 6th OL that can pave the way for Forte.

I've been calling for a real FB for a while now. Our staff likes versatile FBs, but in trying to find one that can do everything, they have ended up w/ on that can do nothing well. In no phase do I think McKie looks good. Even as a receiver, which the staff says he is good at, he seems minimal. He has numerous drops, but even when he catches the ball, he goes down in a hurry as he has so little running ability.

I would so love to just see a smash mouth blocking FB. I don't care if he can catch or not. Just give me a guy who is essentially a 6th OL that can pave the way for Forte.

Acutally most of us have been complaining about McKie for quite sometime. I would love to get the smash mouth FB as well, unfortunately our staff likes the old until there is 1 person that sticks out so much to the point where he is a stud. The staff in the past has refused just to make changes even during the game.

Understand. I am not saying I have been alone calling for the release of McKie. The previous posts by others prove that. I am simply piling on.

The problem, IMHO, is that we have added FBs who are pure blocking FBs, but that is not what Lovie wants. And thus why Lovie has continued to stick w/ McKie.

Acutally most of us have been complaining about McKie for quite sometime. I would love to get the smash mouth FB as well, unfortunately our staff likes the old until there is 1 person that sticks out so much to the point where he is a stud. The staff in the past has refused just to make changes even during the game.

SPOT ON!!!!

Am I completley off my rocker to think Louis or Melton might be an option in select plays a la Fridge? If not this season, next (with Melton on IR I think...).

Maybe it's time to draft one decently high...not that there ever seems to be much out there.

Understand. I am not saying I have been alone calling for the release of McKie. The previous posts by others prove that. I am simply piling on.

The problem, IMHO, is that we have added FBs who are pure blocking FBs, but that is not what Lovie wants. And thus why Lovie has continued to stick w/ McKie.

This is all in hindsight. Now it would've looked good to keep Polite, but at the time, he wasn't playing much better then McKie. I think we should look for a FB in either free agency or the draft this year. As a USC fan, I know that their FB, Stanley Havili, is a very versatile FB.

Hey BrianBear--I couldn't disagree more. We had Polite in here for some preseason games, and it was clear that he was a hammer. The Bears chose to go with McKie, who they like because he can do a little of everything, including carrying the ball. Unfortunately, none of that is really that good anymore, and doesn't really equate to making a difference on the field. Who are they kidding? They don't like to give the FB more than 5 carries a season. He's here to be a blocker first and foremost, and secondarily to catch those little 6 yard passes in the flat. It was a mistake not to upgrade with Polite when they had him in here. It was right there for even us fans to see.

I just did a search on this topic, and found some posts from when he was cut along with Dan Bazuin. BTW, I found some quotes from you at the time wanting to keep him around too! LOL! ;-) Here's my note at the time....

Count me among those disappointed to see Polite cut. That guy is a football player that I'd have found a way to keep on the team. Heck, I thought he was a better blocker than McKie as well. Don't we get off the bus running? Then why did we decide to keep the finesse guy around?

Guys add me to the list of the McKie haters. When guys like Tony Richardson and Lorenzo Neal were available I was hoping the Bears would grab them because of their ability to be punishing lead blockers. This OC has fallen in love with collecting TEs but has yet to properly utilize them in this offense this year. I thought from what I saw at TC that Olsen was going to be used more like an H-back to help create mismatches and be a lead blocker for Forte like he did last season. On most of Forte's big runs its not a result of devastating blocks by McKie but more on the line and Forte's ability to hit the hole in a timely fashion.