Post Choke Venting Session...

madlithuanian

Sorry fellas, I need to vent a bit...

This loss was a big one. It puts us in third in the division. Before I go into more detail, the loss is really on the entire organization top to bottom. GM, coaches and players.

1. What gives with the false starts? Especially Old Man Pace? 4*-1 with the game on the line? Just beyond inexcusable. This team did not look ready to play. With a bye week to go country clubbing and passing around the nude pictures that Frank O has of the coaching staff, you'd think they'd come out with more fire and less stupidity.

2. Oh yeah, and tack on the 12 men on field for the punt which truend into another ATL first down. The Bears' shoddy preparedness even eeked into the ST where Toub's group is usually spot on...except oin Sunday nights like when Mannelly bothched it in game one.

3. I'm so glad Smithis handling the D, because it looked like keystone cops out there when ATL ran the ever-so-elusive "hurry up!" (You know, that ultra-modern new fangled scheme that's fresher than the Wilcat or Run N Shoot!). Do they not practice during the week?

4. Forte is the biggest disappointment of the year by miles. Too many people saw Tommie Harris still sucking, but most thought Forte would at least be servicable. This guy run with more timidity than when Kane walked on rice papaer in the opening montage ot "Kung Fu". I know a ton of blame needs to be place on our horrifficy O-Line, but even when given the chance of one-on-one, Forte can't make anything happen. Are we seeing the second coming of Salaam? Of A. Thomas? One and done? I sure hope not...but it ain't looking good. Kid, after you fumble once, YOU DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER NOT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!

5. Cutler made another bonehead pick in the red zone. On Sunday night again. After a number of weeks of preparation (or lack thereof) again... However, Cutler did redeem himself. He did what he could to get us back into it. The one thing I just don't get...the time out's. Both stalled drives had us pretty damn close to 2nd or first and goal, and them Cutler calls time out. Totally kills momentum, and the resulting plays were either turnovers or penalties. Just go out and play Cutler. I trust you more than Turner or Smith even after a game like this.

6. Can an OL be more crappy than ours? is St Louis's this bad? The Titans'? Frank O needs to be benched. If Beekman isn't starting, it's a complete indictment on the coaching staff's complete bozocity...

7. Where was the brilliant Marinelli pass rush? No sacks. Minimal pressure. Anyone catch Collinsworth saying Harris was back? On that play, he got penetration as the play went around him for a big gain. Maybe Gaines Adams will help. They stopped the run, but couldn't generate enough pressure consistently.

8. Is it we can't win Sunday nights? Or is it we can't win when the coaching staff prepares (and I use the term loosely) the team with more than a week? Or do we just play crummy at night? Based on this trend, can we expect to lose agasint the Eagles, Vikings and maybe the Niners? Would 11-5 then get us into the playoffs?

Bottom line, this team just doesn't seem to have "it". I see a lot of going through the motions...w/o much emotion. Frank O was yucking it up after the game instead of being upset about being the worst player on the field. Where is the accountability?

Maybe we'll see something happen this week. Maybe we won't.

While this sucked, we're still not out of the playoff race. But, if we keep playing like we did, keep struggling on the OL, and having problems running...we aren't going anywhere.

And before I forget, props to Olsen, he came to play. Hester, as well...although I think he caould have ran a few more rather than fair catch so many last night. No guts, no glory.

This loss was a big one. It puts us in third in the division. Before I go into more detail, the loss is really on the entire organization top to bottom. GM, coaches and players.

1. What gives with the false starts? Especially Old Man Pace? 4*-1 with the game on the line? Just beyond inexcusable. This team did not look ready to play. With a bye week to go country clubbing and passing around the nude pictures that Frank O has of the coaching staff, you'd think they'd come out with more fire and less stupidity.

2. Oh yeah, and tack on the 12 men on field for the punt which truend into another ATL first down. The Bears' shoddy preparedness even eeked into the ST where Toub's group is usually spot on...except oin Sunday nights like when Mannelly bothched it in game one.

Both are inexusable. It's like peewee league.

3. I'm so glad Smithis handling the D, because it looked like keystone cops out there when ATL ran the ever-so-elusive "hurry up!" (You know, that ultra-modern new fangled scheme that's fresher than the Wilcat or Run N Shoot!). Do they not practice during the week?

7. Where was the brilliant Marinelli pass rush? No sacks. Minimal pressure. Anyone catch Collinsworth saying Harris was back? On that play, he got penetration as the play went around him for a big gain. Maybe Gaines Adams will help. They stopped the run, but couldn't generate enough pressure consistently.

I don't see the big improvement either. Of course, I didn't really buy in and drink the Marinelli as a godly DL coach koolaid either. It's the same cover-2, with the same massive holes, with the same inability to do anything when one of the DTs isn't destroying the middle. Without the TB version of Warren Sapp, the cover-2 is a flawed system. There is no debating this. It's a bend but don't break, passive system that is guaranteed to give up points to ANY offense, and the coaching staff just hopes that it's not too many for the Bears offense to overcome.

5. Cutler made another bonehead pick in the red zone. On Sunday night again. After a number of weeks of preparation (or lack thereof) again... However, Cutler did redeem himself. He did what he could to get us back into it. The one thing I just don't get...the time out's. Both stalled drives had us pretty damn close to 2nd or first and goal, and them Cutler calls time out. Totally kills momentum, and the resulting plays were either turnovers or penalties. Just go out and play Cutler. I trust you more than Turner or Smith even after a game like this.

I'm not making excuses, but that place is the loudest stadium I've ever heard. Completely drowns out your senses. It's 5 times louder than in Green Bay or Tennessee in the NFL, easily louder than any Soldier Field game I've been to, louder than any NBA arena I've been to, completely dwarfs absolutely any of the tons of baseball games I've attended all over the country, and even louder than some big time college games I've been to (i.e. Auburn at UT, Kentucky at Alabama). My ears are sorta ringing today, almost 15 hours after the game. It's tough to operate when you are without your hearing the entire game. I have to hand it to the Atlanta fans; they were pumped almost the entire game. I've even been to a Seahawks game in Seattle, and the Georgia Dome was louder.

Thanks for the info! I wasn't aware it was that loud there!

I'm not making excuses, but that place is the loudest stadium I've ever heard. Completely drowns out your senses. It's 5 times louder than in Green Bay or Tennessee in the NFL, easily louder than any Soldier Field game I've been to, louder than any NBA arena I've been to, completely dwarfs absolutely any of the tons of baseball games I've attended all over the country, and even louder than some big time college games I've been to (i.e. Auburn at UT, Kentucky at Alabama). My ears are sorta ringing today, almost 15 hours after the game. It's tough to operate when you are without your hearing the entire game. I have to hand it to the Atlanta fans; they were pumped almost the entire game. I've even been to a Seahawks game in Seattle, and the Georgia Dome was louder.

Thi one and the Puckers season openner. Good teams just don't give the other team the ball. I don't think we're a good team yet. How much longer will it take? The way Minny is managing to pull out games we might have dug ourselves a hole. I hope not, but I'm depressed today. God, what was that bye week for anyway?

I know Jason mentioned the noise of the stadium, but I think it simply comes down to how weak our OL players individually are. When you suck, you tend to cheat. When you suck, you have to hold more to keep the Qb from getting killed, and just hope you don't get caught. When you suck, you try to jump out of your stance a split second sooner on the snap count, only to get burned by your QB going w/ a hard count. Pace and Omiyale flat out suck, and thus why they have to cheat, and why they get so many flags.

Special teams has not been very good this year. We get our returns, but give up too many to other teams. Player turnover on teams is likely a factor, but this has to get fixed quick. Even Maynard had a fair to spare game.

What just kills me is, watching the game, you would think we were blown out. But we actually gave up less than 200 passing to Ryan. Roddy White had more than that many yards alone last week against SF. No WR w/ as much as 60 yards, and a run game stuck in the mud. As much time as Ryan seemed to have, you would think we gave up 400 yards passing and another 200 on the ground, but our D (statistically) didn't play poorly.

4. Forte is the biggest disappointment of the year by miles. Too many people saw Tommie Harris still sucking, but most thought Forte would at least be servicable. This guy run with more timidity than when Kane walked on rice papaer in the opening montage ot "Kung Fu". I know a ton of blame needs to be place on our horrifficy O-Line, but even when given the chance of one-on-one, Forte can't make anything happen. Are we seeing the second coming of Salaam? Of A. Thomas? One and done? I sure hope not...but it ain't looking good. Kid, after you fumble once, YOU DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER NOT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!

Agreed. I know many who felt Forte was the #1 FF back, even ahead of AP due to his receiving. When AP and Wolfe have been in there, I believe we have been a better team. Each seems to hit the hole quicker, and frankly, I have not been impressed w/ Forte's blocking this year either. I know the OL is a huge problem, but Forte has been just plain bad regardless. If it were not for his magical rookie year, I think he would be out of a job by now.

No excuse, but I think a big problem in the red zone is how one dimensional we are. In the red zone, you simply have to be able to run the ball. It's a short field, and thus you can spread it out only so much. But as teams do not fear our run game, they can really defend the pass, and since we can't run the ball, Cutler is in a position where he feels like he has to make plays.

6. Can an OL be more crappy than ours? is St Louis's this bad? The Titans'? Frank O needs to be benched. If Beekman isn't starting, it's a complete indictment on the coaching staff's complete bozocity...

I would flip flop Pace and Williams. Pace can still block the bull rush, but is getting destroyed by speed. I believe Williams does better against speed, but gets beat by the bull rush. As the norm is to have speed rushers on the right and power rushers on the left, it would seem these two are out of position. And yes, Omiyale should be benched. Frankly, he should be cut, but due to contract, that won't happen.

Agreed.

8. Is it we can't win Sunday nights? Or is it we can't win when the coaching staff prepares (and I use the term loosely) the team with more than a week? Or do we just play crummy at night? Based on this trend, can we expect to lose agasint the Eagles, Vikings and maybe the Niners? Would 11-5 then get us into the playoffs?

Game is televised Nationally, so you have to wonder how much is the players trying to do too much, and thus doing too little. LB/S going for the big hit, then missing the tackle all-together. Cutler trying to make a play out of nothing, and throwing a pick. That sort of thing.

Bottom line, this team just doesn't seem to have "it". I see a lot of going through the motions...w/o much emotion. Frank O was yucking it up after the game instead of being upset about being the worst player on the field. Where is the accountability?

Well, since we do not hold our coaches accountable, why should we expect to hold the players accountable by those same coaches.

Maybe we'll see something happen this week. Maybe we won't.

Oh, I think we will see something this week. We are not an awful team, just not a good one.

While this sucked, we're still not out of the playoff race. But, if we keep playing like we did, keep struggling on the OL, and having problems running...we aren't going anywhere.

Right now, I think there is one wild card spot open, as I think NO wins the division and Atlanta rolls to the 1st WC spot, leaving a lot of 3-2 teams fighting for the final opening. If we play like last night, we are going to be talking draft sooner rather than later.

And before I forget, props to Olsen, he came to play. Hester, as well...although I think he caould have ran a few more rather than fair catch so many last night. No guts, no glory.

Olsen? Yea, he had 5 catches, but out of 10 passes. Sorry, but I don't think he came to play at all. He should have made the play on the fade route in the end zone. DB knocked it out, but if you saw the replay, he was bobbling the ball already, making it easier to knock away. He had another drop, as I recall, and just overall doesn't look as physical as you would expect of someone his size. I thought he was very average in the passing game, but just weak as a blocker. I think props go out to all our WRs (all 3 of them) for solid play.

I hear ya Chile...

It goes back to the old saying, good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose...

Thi one and the Puckers season openner. Good teams just don't give the other team the ball. I don't think we're a good team yet. How much longer will it take? The way Minny is managing to pull out games we might have dug ourselves a hole. I hope not, but I'm depressed today. God, what was that bye week for anyway?

All so frustrating...

It's a shame we only have a 3rd rounder as our earliest pick this draft. We need OL desperately, and really doubt one can be found there. I believe JA can find some D talent, but fear we'll have to eaither hope to land a good FA or trade away someone for picks (Tommie Harris?)