A positive

Connorbear

I am extremely happy with the development of our WRs. Hester, Bennett, and Knox have all stepped up big time. I do not see this as a need next yr.

I would say FA and the draft should concentrate on:

- Offensive line

- Defensive backfield

Get a top tier OL in FA and then draft best available of the 2 in the 3rd and 4th round.

Peace :dabears

I pretty much agree.

I also think we need to draft a MLB...Urlacher's not getting any younger, and neither is Hilly. I think we need some more depth. Also, a FB is possible.

In order, OL, DB, MLB, FB... anything else would just be silly or would have to be a great value.

I am extremely happy with the development of our WRs. Hester, Bennett, and Knox have all stepped up big time. I do not see this as a need next yr.

- Offensive line

- Defensive backfield

Get a top tier OL in FA and then draft best available of the 2 in the 3rd and 4th round.

- Offensive line

- Defensive backfield

I seem to recall saying this before this year's draft. I knew our WRs were going to be OK...they just needed help. Of course, they still need help from the OL, but at least the rocket arm can make up for the minimal time.

Yeah,

Everything starts at the O-Line. We need some serious help there.

It is pretty sad to see Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson both in the Top 5 in the NFL in rushing, and we have zero WR's in the top 40 in Receiving yards, while Cutler is about 16th in QBs (and behind Orton).

All those guys are benefitting from solid O-Lines. Our defense is not actually playing bad. We held Atlanta to 253 total yards, 5-12 on 3rd Downs, and a TOP of 26 minutes. Compare that to what they did to SF and we actually look pretty good.

Right now O-Line looks like the number 1,2, and 3 priority, with DB and LB coming next.

I would still put DL right behind OL, even w/ the addition of Gaines. Fact is, we don't know what Gaines can bring, and either way, I am not sure we have a single starting caliber DT on the roster.

Yeah,

Everything starts at the O-Line. We need some serious help there.

It is pretty sad to see Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson both in the Top 5 in the NFL in rushing, and we have zero WR's in the top 40 in Receiving yards, while Cutler is about 16th in QBs (and behind Orton).

All those guys are benefitting from solid O-Lines. Our defense is not actually playing bad. We held Atlanta to 253 total yards, 5-12 on 3rd Downs, and a TOP of 26 minutes. Compare that to what they did to SF and we actually look pretty good.

Right now O-Line looks like the number 1,2, and 3 priority, with DB and LB coming next.

I would still put DL right behind OL, even w/ the addition of Gaines. Fact is, we don't know what Gaines can bring, and either way, I am not sure we have a single starting caliber DT on the roster.

Tommie Harris has got to go. No way do you pay him 9 million a yr to play like this.

Tommie Harris has got to go. No way do you pay him 9 million a yr to play like this.

Barring some sort of return to form, Tommie will be gone at the end of the year. HE's just signed to a series of one year deals so the Bears can easily let him walk. They might opt to trade him too, but who knows.

I also expect the Bears to move Urlacher and that we'll see a changing of the guard on the defensive side of the ball. We might actually have a pretty new unit starting next year.

The tough part is going to be how do the Bears add these new players. We have very few early draft picks, so I do expect us swing some deals of players that give us a few picks in the 3rd to 4th round. On top of that I expect the Bears to be players on the FA market.

Either way I think the Bears are going to have to hit big on Gaines and see one of Roach/Williams develop and get nice things from Bowman/Aflava/Moore. If we do that, we'll be okay and won't be in as dire a need, if not, two years from nows draft will be huge cause we'll have a ton of holes needed to be filled.