Offensive Ideas

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I'd like to see some (more):

No huddle. It killed us in Atlanta; why don't we try it on the Bengirls?

More tosses and sweeps with Forte when the OG actually pulls. Omiyale- wake the f*** up.

More screens with Wolfe or Forte. It worked for the most part in Altanta.

More Wolfe. I'm tired of Forte excuses. How does he get no holes, yet when Wolfe comes in, he finds holes? Hmm...

More wildcat. It worked once for 6-7 yards IIRC.

Thoughts?

I'd like to see some (more):

No huddle. It killed us in Atlanta; why don't we try it on the Bengirls?

More tosses and sweeps with Forte when the OG actually pulls. Omiyale- wake the f*** up.

More screens with Wolfe or Forte. It worked for the most part in Altanta.

More Wolfe. I'm tired of Forte excuses. How does he get no holes, yet when Wolfe comes in, he finds holes? Hmm...

More wildcat. It worked once for 6-7 yards IIRC.

Thoughts?

I would tend to agree but I hope you are not saying Forte is making excuses. I have not heard him complain at all to this point.

Peace :dabears

I would tend to agree but I hope you are not saying Forte is making excuses. I have not heard him complain at all to this point.

Not at all. I mean everyone around Chicago is "well Forte has no holes". I once bought into that, but not anymore. Even when he gets space on screens, he is just dancing around instead of hitting the space with some force. Then, when Wolfe comes in, he magically finds holes? No. It's because he's running with some balls.

Not at all. I mean everyone around Chicago is "well Forte has no holes". I once bought into that, but not anymore. Even when he gets space on screens, he is just dancing around instead of hitting the space with some force. Then, when Wolfe comes in, he magically finds holes? No. It's because he's running with some balls.

I think more often and not there isn't any holes and it's messed with his head. Like he's getting stuck in a one track mind of thinking their won't be one even when there is one rarely open.

First off, Wolfe and Forte are two totally different creatures. Wolfe is more the scat back, low to the ground "invisible" type running back (think MJD - without the beef or Darren Sproles). Forte is more an all purpose back, catch out of the backfield and built more for the long haul (think younger LT or even the Real AP without the finesse).

Next, I think it best said when I was watching "Inside the NFL" the other day and heard Phil Simms explain why he thinks Cedric Benson is doing better now in Cinncinnati than he did in Chicago. His reply: "the system". Ron Turner needs to work better to Forte's talent. IMHO and in watching replays of the games, the times that Forte does the best is when he is able to swing wide and outrun the defender(s). He is duplicating a lot of what Benson did in Chicago and run into the line and stop. Last year not so much as he, Forte, caught his fair share of passes out of the backfield and converted them for long gains. I mean look at when Forte has broken off his significant gains and see that he is running off or near Tackle as opposed to up the middle.

Lastly, to suggest that Forte is complaining or making excuses at all is ridiculous. I haven't heard a peep out of him while he struggles this year. When Benson was there and he kept stinking it up another new report would come in how he was detatched from the team and whined about not getting enough carries (mostly when TJ was still there). Forte is a much higher class of player and with time this year, will only get better. As soon as he overcomes this fumblitis.

55366_feature.jpg

Keep going Matt...

First off, Wolfe and Forte are two totally different creatures. Wolfe is more the scat back, low to the ground "invisible" type running back (think MJD - without the beef or Darren Sproles). Forte is more an all purpose back, catch out of the backfield and built more for the long haul (think younger LT or even the Real AP without the finesse).

Next, I think it best said when I was watching "Inside the NFL" the other day and heard Phil Simms explain why he thinks Cedric Benson is doing better now in Cinncinnati than he did in Chicago. His reply: "the system". Ron Turner needs to work better to Forte's talent. IMHO and in watching replays of the games, the times that Forte does the best is when he is able to swing wide and outrun the defender(s). He is duplicating a lot of what Benson did in Chicago and run into the line and stop. Last year not so much as he, Forte, caught his fair share of passes out of the backfield and converted them for long gains. I mean look at when Forte has broken off his significant gains and see that he is running off or near Tackle as opposed to up the middle.

Lastly, to suggest that Forte is complaining or making excuses at all is ridiculous. I haven't heard a peep out of him while he struggles this year. When Benson was there and he kept stinking it up another new report would come in how he was detatched from the team and whined about not getting enough carries (mostly when TJ was still there). Forte is a much higher class of player and with time this year, will only get better. As soon as he overcomes this fumblitis.

55366_feature.jpg

Keep going Matt...

Had you read any of the posts in here, you'd see that I never said he's making excuses and that instead the fans are for him.

Had you read any of the posts in here, you'd see that I never said he's making excuses and that instead the fans are for him.

Yeah: "More Wolfe. I'm tired of Forte excuses. How does he get no holes, yet when Wolfe comes in, he finds holes? Hmm..." from your opening comments. Then later you explain by saying things like Forte is "dancing around" and that Wolfe is running "with balls" implicates that you think Forte isn't doing the best he can. My retort was to even SUGGEST he was making excuses was ridiculous.

And, by the way. to use the Wildcat more often is also a ludicrous idea. Especially in Chicago.

GO BEARS!!! :headbang

So no, I never said that.

And why is using the wildcat in Chicago ludicrous? Are we so special that we can't use it? We did it once for 6 yards, which is more yards then Forte gained on 1 carry all game. With guys like Hester, Wolfe, and Knox, I don't know why we wouldn't use it more.

And why is using the wildcat in Chicago ludicrous? Are we so special that we can't use it? We did it once for 6 yards, which is more yards then Forte gained on 1 carry all game. With guys like Hester, Wolfe, and Knox, I don't know why we wouldn't use it more.

Becasue we don't have the personel to run the wildcat and if we used it more we are only going to get a player hurt on a gadget play i.e. Hester etc. I agree that Turner is not very imagitive and thought Alanta had some very creative plays against us. But the wildcat works well in MIAMA because they a have the personel with 2 legit nfl RB quality starters with a FB and OL that can block. By the way how did the Bears let Polite go?

Like Parker Bear said, the injury factor alone is one huge reason to stay away from the Wildcat. The fact that Hester and Knox are basically 1 and 2 in the WR rotation is enough cause to stay away from re-inventing the wheel. And, as Parker pointed out, its Miami where it works. Think about the weather in Miami vs Chicago (where the Bears play half their games) especially as the season transitions into the winter months. All this gadgetry is not conducive to foul weather. I think keeping the Offense to the traditional format with the occasional "trick" play is more in line with what the Bears should stick with. If the Saints, Vikings and Broncos can all go 6-0 in large part without using the Wildcat formation surely the Bears can too.

Like Parker Bear said, the injury factor alone is one huge reason to stay away from the Wildcat. The fact that Hester and Knox are basically 1 and 2 in the WR rotation is enough cause to stay away from re-inventing the wheel. And, as Parker pointed out, its Miami where it works. Think about the weather in Miami vs Chicago (where the Bears play half their games) especially as the season transitions into the winter months. All this gadgetry is not conducive to foul weather. I think keeping the Offense to the traditional format with the occasional "trick" play is more in line with what the Bears should stick with. If the Saints, Vikings and Broncos can all go 6-0 in large part without using the Wildcat formation surely the Bears can too.

The Patriots sure looked good this past weekend ripping the Titans a new A-Hole and setting scoring marks unseen for nearly 60 years, and they just about ignore the run...as do the Saints.

What I'm trying to say is, if the offensive scheme is sound, and the players productive, then it can work regardless of the weather. If anything, an atypical approach is better because the other teams aren't used to it. Think about how much more difficult it is to play against a 3-4 as opposed to a 4-3, or a left handed pitcher as opposed to a right handed pitcher.

All that said, I don't want to see the Wildcat here a lot, because Devin Hester, Johnny Knox, and Garrett Wolfe are not the same as Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.

Three things about Forte. He seems to anticipate a hit, even when a hit is not coming. There was a play near the goal line vs Atlanta where he ran up the middle and just fell into the hole because he was leaning so far waiting to be hit. Another thing I saw was when he is wrapped up below the waist, he just drops like a wet noodle. Lastly, he is running into the backs of the O-Line more than I have ever seen him. Last year he would see that the hole is gone, and pop out to one of the sides. These things lead me to believe he is still hurt to some extent.

I watched the Miami game the other week, and was really impressed w/ how they ran the wildcat, but like you said. It is one thing when you have the horses, and another when you do not. Not only do they have Ronnie and Ricky, but also FBs that can play well in the wildcat, not to mention a backup QB who can come in and run the wildcat.

We have players that may allow us to run some trick plays here and there similar to the wildcat, but we simply do not have the players to run the wildcat more than a time or two.

The Patriots sure looked good this past weekend ripping the Titans a new A-Hole and setting scoring marks unseen for nearly 60 years, and they just about ignore the run...as do the Saints.

What I'm trying to say is, if the offensive scheme is sound, and the players productive, then it can work regardless of the weather. If anything, an atypical approach is better because the other teams aren't used to it. Think about how much more difficult it is to play against a 3-4 as opposed to a 4-3, or a left handed pitcher as opposed to a right handed pitcher.

All that said, I don't want to see the Wildcat here a lot, because Devin Hester, Johnny Knox, and Garrett Wolfe are not the same as Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.

I watched the Miami game the other week, and was really impressed w/ how they ran the wildcat, but like you said. It is one thing when you have the horses, and another when you do not. Not only do they have Ronnie and Ricky, but also FBs that can play well in the wildcat, not to mention a backup QB who can come in and run the wildcat.

We have players that may allow us to run some trick plays here and there similar to the wildcat, but we simply do not have the players to run the wildcat more than a time or two.

I too was really impressed with Miami and it was really cool to finally see the wildcat that everyone was talking about. Very, very entertaining but probably becasue i don't care if the Dolphins win or loos unless htey play the Pakers or Vikings. The wildcat would never ever work in Chicago with our current personell nor would I want to try running it here, especially since we now have a real QB! It would have been interesting to see back when we had Kordell Stewart and A-Train et al.