FIRE HARRY HIESTAND

AZ54

I've been through too many seasons recently with our Oline under-performing and after last nights game I'm done with it. Last year Lovie made a lot of changes but he forgot one and left this guy in place and that's because he's Ron Turner's buddy; came over with him from Univ of Illinois. I called for his head last year when he was whining about how the fans don't know what's going on and the Oline played poorly. He basically said they weren't that bad. I think it's clear he doesn't know what's going on or his standards for success on plays is extremely low. Fans, including those on this message board, continue to say we have poor talent but we keep throwing guys into the mix and NOBODY ever improves or stands out. I see other teams with average Oline talent that doesn't look as bad as we do play after play. Maybe those teams have occasional mistakes, but we have a consistently under-performing Oline.

We can make some changes on the Oline but we can't fire the players. Doing this would send a clear message to these guys and I think that needs to be done NOW.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=9

The offensive line has been the most experienced unit on the Bears roster over the last couple of years, led by 11-year veteran and six-time Pro Bowl C Olin Kreutz, who enters the 2009 season having started a team-high 102 consecutive games.

EXPERIENCE YET WE SUCK? Do what we did with the DBs and fire the college-background position coach and bring in a guy with a solid NFL resume. I don't care if it is the middle of the season we need some accountability.

I think the right move now is for Lovie to take charge and fire Harry and put Turner on notice. If this crap continues I agree in firing Turner too but I think that's best done at the end of the season. If Turner refused to fire Harry then they can both walk now. The question is, who would take over if Turner is cut loose? For sure we all agree Harry is out too, or at best not worthy of any promotion.

We have left:

Pep Hamilton QB coach (no background besides QB coach)

Tim Spencer RB coach (nothing but coaching RB)

Darryl Drake WR coach (virtually no backgroudn besides WR coach)

Rob Boras TE coach (UNLV OC for 3 yrs, 1 yr head coach at Ill Benedictine College, otherwise coach OL/TE

Luke Butkus Oline ass't (maybe he can bring some more attitude?)

Charles London Offensive Ass't (never heard of him)

or the wild card Dave Toub who I think is the single best assistant coach on our team but his background is primarily special teams and some defense.

I think the right move now is for Lovie to take charge and fire Harry and put Turner on notice. If this crap continues I agree in firing Turner too but I think that's best done at the end of the season. If Turner refused to fire Harry then they can both walk now. The question is, who would take over if Turner is cut loose? For sure we all agree Harry is out too, or at best not worthy of any promotion.

We have left:

Pep Hamilton QB coach (no background besides QB coach)

Tim Spencer RB coach (nothing but coaching RB)

Darryl Drake WR coach (virtually no backgroudn besides WR coach)

Rob Boras TE coach (UNLV OC for 3 yrs, 1 yr head coach at Ill Benedictine College, otherwise coach OL/TE

Luke Butkus Oline ass't (maybe he can bring some more attitude?)

Charles London Offensive Ass't (never heard of him)

or the wild card Dave Toub who I think is the single best assistant coach on our team but his background is primarily special teams and some defense.

Nothing is going to happen during the yr but my understanding is Turner's contract is up at the end of the yr. I would like to see us give Toub a shot.

Peace :dabears

Nothing is going to happen during the yr but my understanding is Turner's contract is up at the end of the yr. I would like to see us give Toub a shot.

Peace :dabears

GREAT IDEA!

Toub's special teams have consistently been the most productive part of the Bears, the best coached of the three aspects of the game, and he's lost arguably more of his "key players" than either the O or the D.

With that said, I'd rather see an offensive minded coach come into Chicago for a change. Many here may have hated him, but Crowton was the last person to make the Bears offense dangerous, and I still think that the Bears should have made a play at Martz when he was available.