Brad Maynard Sucks!

jason

I forgot to tell you guys something from the game...

During Half Time they had the silent drill team from the Marines. A bunch of guys with rifles, bayonets, and some razor-sharp movements. They were tossing weapons back and forth with perfect movements. It was a pretty impressive site.

Well, near the end of their routine, Maynard starts to take warmup kicks. He's bombing 50 yarders from his 25 to the opposite 25, trying to put them near the sideline. Over and over he's drilling them to the same spot. And then when the Marines begin marching off the field, while still towards the middle, Maynard shanks a kick.

You hear the groans.

You hear the "uh-ohs."

The ball barely misses the formation as the march perfectly off the field.

Unfortunately, however, the ball bounces straight into the right arm of a young Marine marching in lock-step. The man never even flinches. Left, right, left...

Maynard heard boos that were as loud as when the Bears team emerged from the tunnel.

=================================================================

In all seriousness, Maynard may be the team MVP at this point...but that was not his greatest moment.

He really didn't have a good game overall either. I believe I recall one shank, and while the stats may credit him w/ several kicks inside the 20, they were just barely inside the 20 and came on kicks you are really trying to pin the opponent inside the 10. He has been great most of the year, but that was not one of his better games, I guess including even halftime.

I forgot to tell you guys something from the game...

During Half Time they had the silent drill team from the Marines. A bunch of guys with rifles, bayonets, and some razor-sharp movements. They were tossing weapons back and forth with perfect movements. It was a pretty impressive site.

Well, near the end of their routine, Maynard starts to take warmup kicks. He's bombing 50 yarders from his 25 to the opposite 25, trying to put them near the sideline. Over and over he's drilling them to the same spot. And then when the Marines begin marching off the field, while still towards the middle, Maynard shanks a kick.

You hear the groans.

You hear the "uh-ohs."

The ball barely misses the formation as the march perfectly off the field.

Unfortunately, however, the ball bounces straight into the right arm of a young Marine marching in lock-step. The man never even flinches. Left, right, left...

Maynard heard boos that were as loud as when the Bears team emerged from the tunnel.

=================================================================

In all seriousness, Maynard may be the team MVP at this point...but that was not his greatest moment.