Looking ahead to Cincy

adam

The Bengals Antwan Odom, DE, was lost for the year. CIN has allowed a league-high 25 pass plays of 20+ yards. I think we matchup pretty well against the Bengals. Palmer is not very mobile, and Benson only gained 44 yards against Houston's defense.

This was a game that I expected us to win before the season started, and I still believe we should win.

Looking at our schedule, this is where we could go on an extended run (as long as we don't give away anymore games). After CIN, we have CLE and ARZ at home, then @ SF, and then PHI at home before going to MIN. It would be nice to head into MIN at 8-3. We also have a favorable schedule after the MIN game (STL and GB) at home, at BAL, then at home vs MIN, and a season finale at Detroit. That 2nd Minnesota game could be huge if we beat them in Week 12.

Bears O vs. Bengals D

The Bengals defense is not good. The Bears should be able to put up good rushing yards, as well as some big plays on offense. I predict, however, that the Bears will put up about 21-24, which is about 10-14 less than what they should get. Why? Because suddenly the Bengals defensive line will be, according to the announcers anyway, "rejuvinated," or "playing very well without Odom." When we all know that the Bears OL just stinks like a dead skunk on the highway.

Bears D vs. Bengals O

I think the Bears will have a problem with Benson, and he'll want to show them they were wrong. That spells more men in the box, and wider spaces for OchoCinco to roam. Could be bad news.

Bears 24-Bengals 21. Yet another Lovie-style close victory that could very well have been a blowout.

Bears O vs. Bengals D

The Bengals defense is not good. The Bears should be able to put up good rushing yards, as well as some big plays on offense. I predict, however, that the Bears will put up about 21-24, which is about 10-14 less than what they should get. Why? Because suddenly the Bengals defensive line will be, according to the announcers anyway, "rejuvinated," or "playing very well without Odom." When we all know that the Bears OL just stinks like a dead skunk on the highway.

Bears D vs. Bengals O

I think the Bears will have a problem with Benson, and he'll want to show them they were wrong. That spells more men in the box, and wider spaces for OchoCinco to roam. Could be bad news.

Bears 24-Bengals 21. Yet another Lovie-style close victory that could very well have been a blowout.

The good news is that Ocho Cinco is the type of WR that Tillman marks and plays very well against. I think we'll do a good job stopping Chad, the key will be the Bears getting pressure on Palmer, which forces him into a few mistakes and prevents him from getting into a rhtym.

On the rushing front, I expect the Bears D to be motivated, in there gaps, and to essentially neutralize the ground game. Anthony Adams will have a big game.