Defense Eats Crow

Connorbear

I have spent the last 2 1/2 years listening to the defense owning up to their bad play. Yes, it has been bad, FOR 2 1/2 YEARS! When does it get bad enough for you jerks to do anything about it? Telling me that you played badly and continuing to do so only makes me more certain that you are an idiot who is incapable of change or you don't know what changes to make or you just don't give a shit. Either way, it is unacceptable.

I give the players more credit though than our coaching staff. Too often in the past I have heard players own up to their bad play, while Lovie would say the problem was execution. He might make a general statement that he needs to do better, but to me at least, he always seemed to say the problem was in execution and not the system.

I have spent the last 2 1/2 years listening to the defense owning up to their bad play. Yes, it has been bad, FOR 2 1/2 YEARS! When does it get bad enough for you jerks to do anything about it? Telling me that you played badly and continuing to do so only makes me more certain that you are an idiot who is incapable of change or you don't know what changes to make or you just don't give a shit. Either way, it is unacceptable.

I give the players more credit though than our coaching staff. Too often in the past I have heard players own up to their bad play, while Lovie would say the problem was execution. He might make a general statement that he needs to do better, but to me at least, he always seemed to say the problem was in execution and not the system.

This past game EVERYTHING was the problem. Yeah sure no one executed but the Cover 2 system got shredded realllly bad.

Smith's as honest as a politician.

Nothin' that comes out of his mouth do I believe.

Tillman said "At half time Lovie told us to start playing" wow now that's what I call emotion by the head coach. Out of all the things Lovie said or did not say,this is what Tillman told the reporter. Mr. nice is nice, smart, calm,etc. but he's not an nfl coach to me. Even Dungy used to get pissed and complain at the refs and his players.

Tillman said "At half time Lovie told us to start playing" wow now that's what I call emotion by the head coach. Out of all the things Lovie said or did not say,this is what Tillman told the reporter. Mr. nice is nice, smart, calm,etc. but he's not an nfl coach to me. Even Dungy used to get pissed and complain at the refs and his players.

Zack Zaidman, sideline reporter, said that when the Bengals went up 14-0, Lovie pulled the defense together and talked to them. Then he said Lovie went off on them at halftime. But, I guess that doesn't matter to you because you didn't see it during the 5 minutes they had the camera on Lovie during the game.

Bottom line, they lost. Lovie went to the microphone afterwards and said it was his fault the team wasn't prepared. If they do not get any better, he will eventually be fired. IMHO, if they don't make the playoffs, he should be.

Peace :dabears

Zack Zaidman, sideline reporter, said that when the Bengals went up 14-0, Lovie pulled the defense together and talked to them. Then he said Lovie went off on them at halftime. But, I guess that doesn't matter to you because you didn't see it during the 5 minutes they had the camera on Lovie during the game.

Bottom line, they lost. Lovie went to the microphone afterwards and said it was his fault the team wasn't prepared. If they do not get any better, he will eventually be fired. IMHO, if they don't make the playoffs, he should be.

Agreed. We have ripped the coaches to shreds. Now the microscope needs to be turned on the players. They are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS but go out and play like chumps. There is no leadership on defense at all.

Agreed. We have ripped the coaches to shreds. Now the microscope needs to be turned on the players. They are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS but go out and play like chumps. There is no leadership on defense at all.

I'll have to disagree about putting the microscope on the players. When you get beat like that, it starts at the top. I agree that pro's should be pro's, but we also have to understand that we are dealing with young men who can be inspired by great leadership and most importantly a great battle plan.

I was responding to the article you posted. Not what you read or saw. You do not know me,so don't think you know what matters to me. 5 minutes on lovie during the game? Were you watching it in super slow motion? This is the second time in 2 days you've tried to play me in your (I know everthing game).Read my chit better, before you reply ok.

So you think there is no leadership on defense. Lovie is calling the D shots. Why is putting the microscope on the players better than getting on the coaches? The coach needs to get on the players ass,then the player needs to get on the opposing teams ass. If they play like chumps,the coach needs to get on their ass or put someone new in. What would this board be like if we can't bring up things that personnaly come to our mind? Sorry I got on the coach a few days ago. I think today much more are ripping the coach, so maybe it was ok for me to post what i did then.

So you think there is no leadership on defense. Lovie is calling the D shots. Why is putting the microscope on the players better than getting on the coaches? The coach needs to get on the players ass,then the player needs to get on the opposing teams ass. If they play like chumps,the coach needs to get on their ass or put someone new in. What would this board be like if we can't bring up things that personnaly come to our mind? Sorry I got on the coach a few days ago. I think today much more are ripping the coach, so maybe it was ok for me to post what i did then.

Man, you can post whatever and whenever you like! (...as long as it has to to with the bears of course!)

I think you may have misunderstood the post. I don't think you were being told not to bash the staff. I think the point being made was simply that many are bashing the coaches, but maybe we should bash the players too.

Frankly, after a loss like the last, and the downhill turn of this team over the last few years, everyone from the Prez to the waterboy can and should take some bashing.

In terms of leadership, I think that comment goes back to a thread which comes up fairly often, and which I often champion myself. Most every great defense I can ever think of has leadership on the field. Even the best defensive coaches need leaders on the field to carry out their orders. I have argued in the past that, even when we had talent, we lacked leadership, and I am not talking about "lead by example" leaders, but field generals. Mike Brown was the closest thing we have had in recent history, and even he was quite a few years ago as he said himself he stopped being a leader after the injuries and didn't have confidence in himself to continue the part.

I think most are calling out the staff, and rightfully so. I think the post you responded to simply was saying the players need to feel the heat as well.

I'm willing to give the ball guy a pass since he ran with J. Knox right down the field that one game. Everyone else is on notice!

I think you may have misunderstood the post. I don't think you were being told not to bash the staff. I think the point being made was simply that many are bashing the coaches, but maybe we should bash the players too.

Frankly, after a loss like the last, and the downhill turn of this team over the last few years, everyone from the Prez to the waterboy can and should take some bashing.

In terms of leadership, I think that comment goes back to a thread which comes up fairly often, and which I often champion myself. Most every great defense I can ever think of has leadership on the field. Even the best defensive coaches need leaders on the field to carry out their orders. I have argued in the past that, even when we had talent, we lacked leadership, and I am not talking about "lead by example" leaders, but field generals. Mike Brown was the closest thing we have had in recent history, and even he was quite a few years ago as he said himself he stopped being a leader after the injuries and didn't have confidence in himself to continue the part.

I think most are calling out the staff, and rightfully so. I think the post you responded to simply was saying the players need to feel the heat as well.