Matt Millen

bowlingtwig

Was anyone else watching NFL network last night. I think the show was Around the League. They were interviewing Matt Millen about what he thought the Bears problem was. My wife and I were lying in bed watching this and I couldn't help myself but laugh. I was also wondering if he were watching different games than we were. He was saying that the Defense has been amazing and that the problem has been the offense. I hope he was joking. Did he not just see the last game were the Defense couldn't even do anything. They couldn't get pressure on the QB. They couldn't tackle. We couldn't get turnovers. They allowed the Bengals to score on there 1st 5 possessions. Of course because of this we became 1 dimensional on offense. As Forte only got 6 carries.

OK, now I'm convinced I could do a better job at GM than him!

Was anyone else watching NFL network last night. I think the show was Around the League. They were interviewing Matt Millen about what he thought the Bears problem was. My wife and I were lying in bed watching this and I couldn't help myself but laugh. I was also wondering if he were watching different games than we were. He was saying that the Defense has been amazing and that the problem has been the offense. I hope he was joking. Did he not just see the last game were the Defense couldn't even do anything. They couldn't get pressure on the QB. They couldn't tackle. We couldn't get turnovers. They allowed the Bengals to score on there 1st 5 possessions. Of course because of this we became 1 dimensional on offense. As Forte only got 6 carries.

Aside from last week the defense has played good enough for the Bears to win so I think Millen has a point over the whole season.

What's good enough to win? In our 3 losses, our D gave up 21, 21 and 45. I am not sure giving up 21 points is doing that good. Sure, I would hope our offense can score that many, but anytime your D gives up 21 points, I just don't think they are doing that well. We had another game where we won (Det) but our D gave up 21 in the first half. Only gave up 19 to Seattle, but that was also an offense decimated by injury, so I am not sure how much credit goes our D's way.

Honestly, the only game I think our D has played that well was Pitt.

Now, that isn't to say I think our offense has played well, but accepting 21 or more against our D shows how far we have fallen.

Our offensive line has been abysmal and the team has been a one man show (Cutler and the WR's). We've had zero blocking, zero rushing, etc.