Did you all see the Payton video?

nfoligno

My understanding is, this was the video seen at halftime,

http://www.chicagobears.com/walterpayton.asp

All I can say is, it was incredible to grow up watching Payton. You always hear your father talk about having watched this player or that player, but for me, when talking to my kids, there is no greater legacy to point to having seen Walter Payton.

I just saw it this morning...

It brought a tear to my eye...

Walter is why we so many of us are fans...

All I can say is, it was incredible to grow up watching Payton. You always hear your father talk about having watched this player or that player, but for me, when talking to my kids, there is no greater legacy to point to having seen Walter Payton.

There has never been a better football player, and probably never been a better person to play in the NFL than Walter.

...and Walter didn't fumble nearly as often...

Honestly, I had never heard "Peterson is the next Payton".

Honestly, I have very rarely ever heard any RB compared to Payton. Most RBs are compared so someone w/ a similar running style or skill set. Maybe this guy is similar to Jim Brown, or that guy is similar to Sayers, or whatever. Payton was different. He was simply great at everything. Rarely do you see a RB like this.

Peterson is one hell of a RB. The only area I would say he is reminicent of Payton is that AP often lowers his shoulder and tries to punish the defender, rather than simply running out of bounds.

But saying he has qualities similar to Payton is one thing. To say he is the next Payton is just a joke.

I hate the "Peterson is the next Payton" bulls***. Payton was a fantastic blocker as well as a receiving RB, while Peterson isn't.

Honestly, I had never heard "Peterson is the next Payton".

Honestly, I have very rarely ever heard any RB compared to Payton. Most RBs are compared so someone w/ a similar running style or skill set. Maybe this guy is similar to Jim Brown, or that guy is similar to Sayers, or whatever. Payton was different. He was simply great at everything. Rarely do you see a RB like this.

Peterson is one hell of a RB. The only area I would say he is reminicent of Payton is that AP often lowers his shoulder and tries to punish the defender, rather than simply running out of bounds.

But saying he has qualities similar to Payton is one thing. To say he is the next Payton is just a joke.

You do't take out Payton on 3rd and long like most starting backs, because he could run,catch,block and throw.I think he threw 6 or 7 td,s in his career.

I was 5 years old when he retired. I really wish I could have seen more Bear games with Walter. My Dad has always said, Walter usually wasn't tackled until Walter gave them his stiff arm and most of the time, he would just plow over the defenders. Watching all these highlights definitley exemplifies how amazing of a RB he truly was. God Bless the Payton family.