Harris was disruptive and amazing?

nfoligno

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,4948801.story

Coaches credited Harris w/ 4 tackles and 2 pressures after film review. Love how those stats always rise so much.

Lovie said he was pleased w/ the play of the entire DL, and said Harris was disruptive.

Was that everyone else's take? It sure wasn't mine. I thought were were going up against one of the weakest OLs in the game, and did very little to pressure the QB. Wale sure didn't seem to be capable of beating St. Clair. I didn't see a ton of pressure on the other side from Brown, though he got in there occasionally. But from the middle, I really just do not recall seeing Harris getting much penetration.

That was a weak OL, and at the end of the day, we had one sack. If that is what it takes to please Lovie, no wonder why we suck.

Coaches credited Harris w/ 4 tackles and 2 pressures after film review. Love how those stats always rise so much.

Lovie said he was pleased w/ the play of the entire DL, and said Harris was disruptive.

Was that everyone else's take? It sure wasn't mine. I thought were were going up against one of the weakest OLs in the game, and did very little to pressure the QB. Wale sure didn't seem to be capable of beating St. Clair. I didn't see a ton of pressure on the other side from Brown, though he got in there occasionally. But from the middle, I really just do not recall seeing Harris getting much penetration.

That was a weak OL, and at the end of the day, we had one sack. If that is what it takes to please Lovie, no wonder why we suck.

I thought both our lines sucked and I don't remember blowing a team out by so much and it still feeling like we lost. O line coach needs to go, NOW.

Utter lies spewing from Smith's mouth yet again...

It's amazing that he continues to play us all for fools.

Never bought it from him, never will.

Utter lies spewing from Smith's mouth yet again...

It's amazing that he continues to play us all for fools.

Never bought it from him, never will.

Lovie does strike me as the ultimate politician, AKA liar. His act does get very old, constantly making generic and vanilla comments that say nothing and are at times blatantly dishonest, presumably to further some agenda. I understand that he has to be professional, but geez can't he tell a bit of the truth? And show a flicker of emotion from time to time?

I really could not agree more!

Even something like, "I liked the improvement I saw from our DL, but we expect more improvment, and need to see more in order to frustrate our upcoming oppenents."

At least that doesn't play us for fools...

Lovie does strike me as the ultimate politician, AKA liar. His act does get very old, constantly making generic and vanilla comments that say nothing and are at times blatantly dishonest, presumably to further some agenda. I understand that he has to be professional, but geez can't he tell a bit of the truth? And show a flicker of emotion from time to time?

Maybe Lovie has a split personality, and the two sides are playing good cop, bad cop. Bad cop Lovie benches Harris (2nd year in a row) to make a point. Good cop Lovie comes in after that and tells Harris how great he is, regardless if it is true.

I really could not agree more!

Even something like, "I liked the improvement I saw from our DL, but we expect more improvment, and need to see more in order to frustrate our upcoming oppenents."

At least that doesn't play us for fools...

Nah. It's all good cop.

Smith actually never came out and told us he was benching Harris for conduct detrimental,etc. One easily could contrue that he was benched, especially based on harris's own comments. But it was never outright said.

So no matter the situation, you will always get some sort of spin from Smith.

I'm so used to it by now...

Maybe Lovie has a split personality, and the two sides are playing good cop, bad cop. Bad cop Lovie benches Harris (2nd year in a row) to make a point. Good cop Lovie comes in after that and tells Harris how great he is, regardless if it is true.

The problem with pointing the finger at lovie, which I agree is a bit of a politician, is that the more we do it the more we will want him gone. To boot him is to boot Angelo. Of the coaches that could possibly replace lovie. The ones that we want (Shannahan, Cowher) aren't cover two guys, and we would lose a lot of guys on the staff. So the two edged sword of, stand pat or change, is going to cut us no matter what.

Um, yeah. I do want him gone. I don't think he will be, but I still want it. I have no problem booting Angelo either. I also have no problem keeping Angelo for now.

Why do we need to bring in a cover 2 HC? Haven't we had former DC's since Ditka all to show us they can't get the job done? Plus, we no longer have te personnell for cover-2. We need to s-can that like no tomorrow!

We will be changing. I propose we do it sooner than later and waste less years w/ Cutler...

The problem with pointing the finger at lovie, which I agree is a bit of a politician, is that the more we do it the more we will want him gone. To boot him is to boot Angelo. Of the coaches that could possibly replace lovie. The ones that we want (Shannahan, Cowher) aren't cover two guys, and we would lose a lot of guys on the staff. So the two edged sword of, stand pat or change, is going to cut us no matter what.

I thought both our lines sucked and I don't remember blowing a team out by so much and it still feeling like we lost. O line coach needs to go, NOW.

That is excactly how I've felt. It's like I'm in the Twilight zone. We win by 30-6, but I could tell even by listening to the radio broadcast that the OL was AWOL and the DL didn't get it done. We are in trouble when we face a real team.

No question there is always spin. then again, most every coach spins too. But when you spin, the spun story needs to at least be believable. That is a problem I think Lovie has.

Either Lovie thinks we are all that stupid, and believe whatever comes out of his mouth, or he just doesn't care.

Nah. It's all good cop.

Smith actually never came out and told us he was benching Harris for conduct detrimental,etc. One easily could contrue that he was benched, especially based on harris's own comments. But it was never outright said.

So no matter the situation, you will always get some sort of spin from Smith.

I'm so used to it by now...

Good question!

I think he's so intent on being secretive and towing the line, he was no idea how bad he's coming off...

No question there is always spin. then again, most every coach spins too. But when you spin, the spun story needs to at least be believable. That is a problem I think Lovie has.

Either Lovie thinks we are all that stupid, and believe whatever comes out of his mouth, or he just doesn't care.

My biggest reason to get rid of Lovie is so he takes the Cover 2 with him, I want some fat boys clogging up the line. I don't want to go another year watching this style of defense vs Adrian Peterson.

My money is on he just doesn't care...

My money is on he just doesn't care...

Either way, bullshit is bullshit. I am getting tired of all the minimizing being done by some of the media and ALL of the coaches. This football team has some freakin issues, many of which begin and end with THIS coaching staff. Hey, every time Lovies lips are moving, I'm willing to bet he's lyin his ass off. Tommie Harris was disruptive? Sure he was...TO THE PHUCKIN BEARS. Lovie you ignorant SOB, get your head outta your ass and do your job. By the way, you might try inspiring those that work for you to do theirs as well. Right now, this collective pile of shit we call a football team is getting ready to go into the tank and if that happens, they ain't comin back. So Mr Smith, my advice to you is, practice them like they've never practiced before, kick their asses, spit on them, bench em but STOP bullshitting them about what you see. They have eyes too. They know shit when they see it. They can also smell it.

Nice! That's the dose of reality I'd like to hear coming from the Chicago media instead of what we've been getting.

Either way, bullshit is bullshit. I am getting tired of all the minimizing being done by some of the media and ALL of the coaches. This football team has some freakin issues, many of which begin and end with THIS coaching staff. Hey, every time Lovies lips are moving, I'm willing to bet he's lyin his ass off. Tommie Harris was disruptive? Sure he was...TO THE PHUCKIN BEARS. Lovie you ignorant SOB, get your head outta your ass and do your job. By the way, you might try inspiring those that work for you to do theirs as well. Right now, this collective pile of shit we call a football team is getting ready to go into the tank and if that happens, they ain't comin back. So Mr Smith, my advice to you is, practice them like they've never practiced before, kick their asses, spit on them, bench em but STOP bullshitting them about what you see. They have eyes too. They know shit when they see it. They can also smell it.

That sounds all well and good, but it can be said of most anything. HC and DC hate each others guts. So long as they win, no one cares. QB and WR can't stand each other. So long as the W's continue, no one gives a rats damn. GM and coach don't get along....

Winning is the obvious cure all, but every team is going to deal losing also, and it is then every little thing comes up and frankly, can in the end matter.

Just win. I don't give a crap what is said in a press conference. The organization, the coaching staff, and the players need to be held accountable for wins and losses. All this other stuff is irrelevant.

Peace :dabears

Just win. I don't give a crap what is said in a press conference. The organization, the coaching staff, and the players need to be held accountable for wins and losses. All this other stuff is irrelevant.

in theory, I agree. However, winning, attitude, and momentum are all contagious. If everything is docile and towing the line on the outside, and the team is winning, then there is no issue. When the same things happen and the team plays without passion, plays lazily, and loses games that should be won, then you MUST make changes. If those changes can be made on the exterior to help with motivation, or provide inspiration, then those modificationsshould be made. I DO care about the other stuffbecause it ultimately has an affect on the end result: wins and losses.

Agreed.

in theory, I agree. However, winning, attitude, and momentum are all contagious. If everything is docile and towing the line on the outside, and the team is winning, then there is no issue. When the same things happen and the team plays without passion, plays lazily, and loses games that should be won, then you MUST make changes. If those changes can be made on the exterior to help with motivation, or provide inspiration, then those modificationsshould be made. I DO care about the other stuffbecause it ultimately has an affect on the end result: wins and losses.

Slight difference between a peer sticking up for you and your coach. At the office, it isn't that great of a shock when a co-worker says his friend did a good job on a report, even if he knows it isn't the truth. On the other hand, for the boss to stand in a board room, and tell everyone the employee did a good job, when everyone in the room knows otherwise, is simply much worse.

Just to clarify: Lovie did not say Tommie was amazing in the article. That was Alex Brown. I am curious why no one is ripping on him???

Brown did say it in context of "when he is on"...which he hasn't been.

Smith called him disruptive....

But the tenor of the article is what is being discussed. At least that's how I'm approaching it...

Just to clarify: Lovie did not say Tommie was amazing in the article. That was Alex Brown. I am curious why no one is ripping on him???