Kruetz sucks now

madlithuanian

Why was he longsnapping to Cutler's shoes all night long?

I'm convinced it was the cause of one of the turnovers...

He is a shell of his former self.

Its impossible to say who played the least bad last night on the OLine.

in hind sight it makes more of a case that he was the bigger problem the rash of fumbled snaps that Rex had which didn't end when Rex was no longer under center.

I like Kruetz he's been a beast and has been the identity of the OL for a long time but his skills are slipping and his quickness is gone. It's time to accept this that his career is quickly winding to an end. If we see Beekman is the guy to take over then let's start getting him reps in practice and if possible in game. We need to see if he's ready and so this coming offseason we can either focus on working him into the the starting lineup or finding someone who can take over. I feel like Olin has one maybe two years left.

I like Kruetz he's been a beast and has been the identity of the OL for a long time but his skills are slipping and his quickness is gone. It's time to accept this that his career is quickly winding to an end. If we see Beekman is the guy to take over then let's start getting him reps in practice and if possible in game. We need to see if he's ready and so this coming offseason we can either focus on working him into the the starting lineup or finding someone who can take over. I feel like Olin has one maybe two years left.

I think one or two years might be generous. I'd rather not see Kreutz starting next year: his snap problems have gotten even worse this season, and he's not having the same impact as a blocker. We already have Kreutz's successor waiting in the wings, all we need is a left guard to replace Beekman so he can slide over. It's a shame, since Kreutz is definitely the Mike Brown figure on offense, but just like Brown, you can't keep starting a guy based on leadership when his play makes him a liability.