FBR: Dick Jauron fired in Buffalo

Conehead

Posted 9 minutes ago

Bills fire Jauron after dismal 3-6 start

NFL.com Wire Reports

The Buffalo Bills have fired coach Dick Jauron, a team source told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora.

Defensive coordinator Fewell Perry is expected to become the Bills' interim head coach, a Bills source told NFL.com's Vic Carucci.

In just short of four seasons with the Bills, Jauron compiled a record of 24-33 (.421 winning percentage). The Bills failed to make the playoffs in each season under Jauron. Buffalo has not made the playoffs since 1999, the longest active streak for a non-expansion team.

On Monday, defensive end Aaron Schobel questioned the Bills' lack of direction with seven games remaining in their season.

"It's embarrassing," said Schobel, the longest-tenured player on the Bills roster, a day after a 41-17 loss at Tennessee dropped Buffalo's record to 3-6. "I mean, we're technically, mathematically still in it, I guess, but it's like what ... are we doing here?"

Speaking within earshot of several Bills officials near the entrance of the locker room, Schobel expressed his frustration, but stopped short in explaining what he thinks the franchise's problems are by saying: "That's about all I can say without saying what I want to say."

Receiver Terrell Owens was also upset following the latest loss during which he had an animated exchange with several coaches on the sideline.