Bill Cowher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chitownhustla

The Bears eating the rest of Lovie and Jerry's contract would be like us losing a 5 dollar bill.

The Bears and the ownership are raking in money every year. Selling out every home game with tickets that are well overpriced, being in the top 5, if not higher, in NFL merchandise sales, probably paying a sweatheart deal for Soldier Field, etc.

The issue is the owners are cheap pricks. Hopefully people in ownership step up and smell the coffee and turn this team back into a football first franchise, not a cheap franchise. We will be raking in money every year, this is a given. We can bring in even more money if we focused on becoming a dominate franchise like the Colts, Patriots, etc.

Thats more or less what I was getting at. I know the team has the money and is very profitable, I just know theyre not gonna pay two head coaches.

The Bears eating the rest of Lovie and Jerry's contract would be like us losing a 5 dollar bill.

The Bears and the ownership are raking in money every year. Selling out every home game with tickets that are well overpriced, being in the top 5, if not higher, in NFL merchandise sales, probably paying a sweatheart deal for Soldier Field, etc.

The issue is the owners are cheap pricks. Hopefully people in ownership step up and smell the coffee and turn this team back into a football first franchise, not a cheap franchise. We will be raking in money every year, this is a given. We can bring in even more money if we focused on becoming a dominate franchise like the Colts, Patriots, etc.

That's how I feel. Doing this would be like doing nothing, but it just won't happen. No way we eat Lovie's contract and pay him $11m then hire a guy who's going to cost $8-10m per year, like a Mike Shanahan or Bill Cowher.

I'd almost rather hire a guy like Leslie Frazier, which would be stealing from a division rival with a great defense, as our head coach at $5-6m per year, then hire a new OC like Jeremy Bates who was Cutler's QB coach last year and is now with USC.

That's how I feel. Doing this would be like doing nothing, but it just won't happen. No way we eat Lovie's contract and pay him $11m then hire a guy who's going to cost $8-10m per year, like a Mike Shanahan or Bill Cowher.

I'd almost rather hire a guy like Leslie Frazier, which would be stealing from a division rival with a great defense, as our head coach at $5-6m per year, then hire a new OC like Jeremy Bates who was Cutler's QB coach last year and is now with USC.

A first time head coach is not going to cost 5 to 6 million a yr. Lovie is at or near the top of the league in salary at 5.5 million a yr. I would assume about 2.5 to 3 million a yr but have not checked the going rate as of late.

Peace :dabears

Not sure what it was that you wanted me to see in the thread Mongo3451 however, if anyone thinks that Da' Bears are better set up than the Patriots except for the Hoodie is truthfully not paying careful attention to what is wrong with the damn team. It starts at the GM and rolls down from there. (Truthfully from the McCaskey Family) Offensive Line is a mess, no running game, lack of legitimate WR, defensive line failing all the time, linebackers not completely stepping up since Urlacher went down and except for Tillman, the DBs are suspect at best. New England in the hunt once again for the playoffs and who knows what type of run they'll got on once the Pats are playing playoff football once again.

http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5270

Please read the attached thread. The Bears are set up better than New England on paper. It begins and ends with Bill the Brain though. Which we are not even close.

I love the idea about getting Bates as Offensive Coordinator. The other reason that I don't see Lovie going and us picking up Cowher or Shanahan is because this franchise has NEVER hired a coach with previous experience.