Pace status

Connorbear

Jeff Dickerson, on AM1000 this morning, reported Orlando Pace was ready and wanting to play last week. The coaching staff told him that Williams will be starting the rest of the year. For some reason, I did not see this in the paper anywhere. Dickerson said it was something they were trying to keep quiet.

Peace :dabears

Jeff Dickerson, on AM1000 this morning, reported Orlando Pace was ready and wanting to play last week. The coaching staff told him that Williams will be starting the rest of the year. For some reason, I did not see this in the paper anywhere. Dickerson said it was something they were trying to keep quiet.

Can anyone get some balls on this team? Keep it quiet? Jesus...say sit the F down you don't have it anymore...just be happy your are getting paid what you are.

Hopefully gonads will come with the next regime...

Seriously....if I don't perform at my job and they want to take me off a task they are certainly going to tell me about it and if I am being detrimental to my company's success they will probably do more than just tell me about it. Oh, and I don't make millions of dollars. I seriously don't get this "we have to protect this guys ego" mentality of the NFL.

At least I have Ozzie, he'll go and tell a player he sucks straight to his face.

Seriously....if I don't perform at my job and they want to take me off a task they are certainly going to tell me about it and if I am being detrimental to my company's success they will probably do more than just tell me about it. Oh, and I don't make millions of dollars. I seriously don't get this "we have to protect this guys ego" mentality of the NFL.

At least I have Ozzie, he'll go and tell a player he sucks straight to his face.

I'm sure they did tell him about it but they didn't broadcast it to the world. They tried to minimize and treat a 10+ year future hall of fame vet with some respect. Again, I have no issues with that.

I have no issues with Ozzie telling a player to his face in private that they suck. It's when he gets in front of a microphone and does it I have an issue. I managed for 10 yrs early in my career and the one thing I learned is you praise in public and criticize in private. You don't earn the respect of your employees by beating them up in front of others.

I'm sure they did tell him about it but they didn't broadcast it to the world. They tried to minimize and treat a 10+ year future hall of fame vet with some respect. Again, I have no issues with that.

I have no issues with Ozzie telling a player to his face in private that they suck. It's when he gets in front of a microphone and does it I have an issue. I managed for 10 yrs early in my career and the one thing I learned is you praise in public and criticize in private. You don't earn the respect of your employees by beating them up in front of others.

Ok I gotcha!

I love this new policy. With two years pre-retirement. Sign with a new team for millions, take a roster spot, take the position for the guy we want you to be a mentor for, suck, get replaced when games don't matter anymore. WHAT A PROGRAM. But shouldn't a mentor be able to perform that which he is mentoring. If not record his position related advice on a disk and give it to the rookies in their rookie gift basket right along with Antoine Walker's CD "Whatch your money dude or watch someone take it from you", condoms, and Chad OchoCinco's best selling pop-up book, "10 Looks that will get you noticed on Sportscenter."

This is the right move. Pace on the field for meaningless games doesn't make since and Iglesias,Gilbert and Moore being inactive for the rest of the season would be dumb also. Its time to see if these guys have some promise for the future becuase in each case their development could be key in getting rid of a high priced vet.

This is the right move. Pace on the field for meaningless games doesn't make since and Iglesias,Gilbert and Moore being inactive for the rest of the season would be dumb also. Its time to see if these guys have some promise for the future becuase in each case their development could be key in getting rid of a high priced vet.

Iglesias would essentially replace Davis on the game day roster. We already have a very young group of WRs getting reps. No need to force him in. Davis is a very good gunner and one of the few constants that Toub can count on.

Gilbert should definately get reps. Up until last week I would have had him replace Adams, but Adams has played very, very well as of late. Do you inactivate "The Prince" since he will most likely be gone anyway?

Moore is a no brainer. Vasher is hardly playing anymore. He should be inactive the rest of the season or even just out right cut.

Pace handled it with some class - it's got to be hard for a guy who practically redefined the position to admit that he doesn't have it any more, and to take his demotion in stride.

Iglesias would essentially replace Davis on the game day roster. We already have a very young group of WRs getting reps. No need to force him in. Davis is a very good gunner and one of the few constants that Toub can count on.

Gilbert should definately get reps. Up until last week I would have had him replace Adams, but Adams has played very, very well as of late. Do you inactivate "The Prince" since he will most likely be gone anyway?

Moore is a no brainer. Vasher is hardly playing anymore. He should be inactive the rest of the season or even just out right cut.

Yeah, I think you pretty much nailed it. Iglesias isn't going to dress over a better ST player, but I don't see any reason why they shouldn't shut down Ogunleye in favor of Gilbert and do the same for Vasher/Moore. Ogun doesn't play on special teams, and Vasher's not any good on ST. No reason not to get the young guys some reps.

If I got his paycheck, you could call my wife a whore and I'd still be smiling...

Pace handled it with some class - it's got to be hard for a guy who practically redefined the position to admit that he doesn't have it any more, and to take his demotion in stride.

Yeah, I think you pretty much nailed it. Iglesias isn't going to dress over a better ST player, but I don't see any reason why they shouldn't shut down Ogunleye in favor of Gilbert and do the same for Vasher/Moore. Ogun doesn't play on special teams, and Vasher's not any good on ST. No reason not to get the young guys some reps.