Draft Info

lemonej

This is a pretty difficult decision for me since I promised to try and bring some draft info to this site. The team that we all root for has no 1st or 2nd round picks so I'm in a quandry as to where I should focus my posting of information that I have researched. Clearly we have to be looking at the 2nd or 3rd tier of prospects in the upcoming draft unless we can somehow get back into the first or second round. So my question to everyone is do you want me to list all the prospects at each position or should I narrow it down to what may be available when the Bears make their first pick in the 3rd round? The hard part of narrowing the field is I may omit someone who slips in the draft. So what do you all think? For example right now I have 15 QBs not counting those underclassmen who have yet to declare and I believe that atleast 7 of them will be gone before we make our first pick. The Bears don't need a QB since they have acquired Cutler and he has taken just about every snap this season so I could see trying to bring someone in to develop behind Cutler and Hanie with an eye on upgrading our 3rd string guy currently Bret Basanez. So with that in mind the Bears would probably go with a late round pick or an undrafted free agent. That eliminates guys like Colt McCoy and Jevan Snead etc. but, guys Like Riley Skinner Wake Forest and Billy Cundiff of Ashland fit in this category. So give me your opinion of what info you would like and what positions you would like to pin point. It does not matter to me because I am doing research of all the prospects and will share whatever info I have with you all.

What I want to see:

-1st and 2nd round OL talent who might slip because of character issues (don't want those who have injury issues)

-All road-grader FBs who have soft hands (emphasis on "road grader")

-Tall, athletic, mid-level college WRs who will slip because of their conference, but have the measurables of someone who would go in the first if they played in the SEC or the BIG12.

-DEs with quick feet, long arms, a nasty streak, and non-stop motors

-Smart, wide ranging safeties who can swivel hips like a CB, but might get overlooked a bit because they don't have the "right 40 time"

What I want to see:

-1st and 2nd round OL talent who might slip because of character issues (don't want those who have injury issues)

-Tall, athletic, mid-level college WRs who will slip because of their conference, but have the measurables of someone who would go in the first if they played in the SEC or the BIG12.

-Smart, wide ranging safeties who can swivel hips like a CB, but might get overlooked a bit because they don't have the "right 40 time"

Remember who MAY be drafting.

I love your assessment. You up for the job of GM?

Then again, I think some folks wouldn't want a non NFL employee to ponder such thoughts...

What I want to see:

I love your assessment. You up for the job of GM?

Then again, I think some folks wouldn't want a non NFL employee to ponder such thoughts...

Truth be told, and I've said this numerous times, I really think the collective voice of this message board could do a better job drafting for the Bears than the actual team. I don't care what the eye-rollers and nay-sayers post, we have football knowledge, and just because someone is in the NFL doesn't mean they are "right."

I can tell you one damn thing: If I had been in charge, there is no way in hell we'd have the team in its current state.

I do not doubt that for a second!

Truth be told, and I've said this numerous times, I really think the collective voice of this message board could do a better job drafting for the Bears than the actual team. I don't care what the eye-rollers and nay-sayers post, we have football knowledge, and just because someone is in the NFL doesn't mean they are "right."

I can tell you one damn thing: If I had been in charge, there is no way in hell we'd have the team in its current state.