Time to put up or shut up!!!

Connorbear

If you are demanding change, here you go. I will be making a donation.

http://www.bearfansunited.org/

Peace :dabears

Ok guys, ante up.

I just lost my job. The company I worked for over the past 5+ years just closed their doors on December 18th, a week before Christmas. I am not sure what the hell I am going to do. I just donated 10.00. If I can do that, then please, everyone who can please donate to this effort. Maybe it will cause the ownership to get off their ass and make changes.

Bravo Pixote, Bravo!!!!! I hope that you have a new job quickly after the first of the year my friend. Do your best to enjoy the holidays and look at the future with your head held high. Sending you positive thoughts, wishes and vibes my friend for an even better 2010.

Ok guys, ante up.

I just lost my job. The company I worked for over the past 5+ years just closed their doors on December 18th, a week before Christmas. I am not sure what the hell I am going to do. I just donated 10.00. If I can do that, then please, everyone who can please donate to this effort. Maybe it will cause the ownership to get off their ass and make changes.

Ok guys, ante up.

Pix - sorry to hear. I lost my job last January so I know the feeling. Best of luck for you in the future.

Sorry to hear the news Pix. Hopefully you find a new job soon!!!

I appreciate the good wishes by everyone. I am sure we are all struggling with the current economic conditions and I certainly did not mean to cry on anyones shoulders. It was really meant tounge in cheek trying to spur other posters to contribute to the fund mentioned in this thread.

Rockford's unemployment rate continues to grow. A report from October 2009 shows the unemployment rates of 372 metropolitan areas, rated from the lowest at #1 (Bismark, ND) @ 2.8%. Rockford is rated #361 at 15.7%. Only 10 cities were quoted with a higher unemployment rate.

Local news has us now at an estimated 20% in recent article.

Thanks to Unemployment Insurance, assistance my daughter is giving me for allowing them to move in with me when they lost their home, and knowing I am a year away from being able to draw Social Security, I hope to be able to make ends meet even if it means taking a part time job or ???

Again, thanks for the good wishes everyone and I pray all of you can hang in there until the economy picks up and recovers. Now if only the Bears can pick up asnd recover as well. Which can we expect to occur first? LOL

For those outside of the Chicago area, could someone please post a link to the ad, take a picture of the ad in the paper, or do something else so that everyone can enjoy what their contributions have produced? thanks

I would hope the web site promoting this effort will be posting additional videos and pictures of the Ad and billboard. I thought I saw a video showing the promotion on local news and other pics as well on the site when I made my small contribution to the effort.

I love it, I just noticed Dan Bernstein of the Score 670 donated $6.70 to the cause, LOL. Hey Danny Boy, why not $670?

It was someone else using his name. Bernstein hates the concept and called everyone donating idiots. I just checked and amount is almost to 5k.

I have more faith in you than I do in our favorite team!

Maybe we turn the corner on talkbears.com and start getting some press too (and ads and loot)! We should e-mail the guy running the advertisment and tell him to link to us!

I appreciate the good wishes by everyone. I am sure we are all struggling with the current economic conditions and I certainly did not mean to cry on anyones shoulders. It was really meant tounge in cheek trying to spur other posters to contribute to the fund mentioned in this thread.

Rockford's unemployment rate continues to grow. A report from October 2009 shows the unemployment rates of 372 metropolitan areas, rated from the lowest at #1 (Bismark, ND) @ 2.8%. Rockford is rated #361 at 15.7%. Only 10 cities were quoted with a higher unemployment rate.

Local news has us now at an estimated 20% in recent article.

Thanks to Unemployment Insurance, assistance my daughter is giving me for allowing them to move in with me when they lost their home, and knowing I am a year away from being able to draw Social Security, I hope to be able to make ends meet even if it means taking a part time job or ???

Again, thanks for the good wishes everyone and I pray all of you can hang in there until the economy picks up and recovers. Now if only the Bears can pick up asnd recover as well. Which can we expect to occur first? LOL

Bernstein is such a jerk. After ConnorBear told me of the objection he (DB) had for the BFU project, I went to the Score website and started reading the Blog about the allegations DB made and must say it wanted to make me puke. He twisted things around & made comments that in my opinion are totally unfounded. He is trying to paint the BFU project linked to by this thread as a scam. He is stating that it is illegally claiming to be a charitable organization. BS!

BFU was just offering to donate any money left over to a charity to assure those donating that this "extra money" obtained if the goal was exceeded would not be misused. They targeted the Walter Payton Foundation as the charity that would be donated to. They posted a link to the foundation on the BFU website. They NEVER claimed to be a charitable organization. Their goals were clearly stated.

Then DB & Co. contacted Walter Payton Foundation & told them of their opinions of BFU. WPF then contacted BFU to remove the link to their Foundation. A press release was then posted on the Score saying how the WPF requested the link removed (which BFU did quickly as requested). Their reason was they did not want to be associated with anything controversial. The only controversy that I know of was dreamed up by DB.

I have lost all respect for Bernstein. If he wanted to disagree with the project, fine. He certainly has his right to do so and express his opinion. That is what he is being paid for. However, he has no right to make misrepresentation of the facts to discredit BFU and try to undermine their efforts.

The hell with it. I was going to treat myself to some breakfast this morning but instead of going out I think I will make some toast and coffee and make another donation. I hope the BFU goal is met and DB can smell the BS he is shoveling.

I couldn't agee more Pix!

I don't fault the Paytons at all. They are just trying to steer clear of any BS. They are a great charity organization and should not be viewed as any less. Just a pawn in the media hoopla.

DB is a douchebag of the highest nature. If he's so high and highty, why isn't he donating his salary to charity? Or why not buy the expensive sweater, and get one at K-Mart, and give the difference to charity. Etc. He's just stirring it up as he and Boers always do. Those 2, at best, are like the old men in the muppets. Except those old men are actually funny. I honestly can't stand listening to them.

Bernstein is such a jerk. After ConnorBear told me of the objection he (DB) had for the BFU project, I went to the Score website and started reading the Blog about the allegations DB made and must say it wanted to make me puke. He twisted things around & made comments that in my opinion are totally unfounded. He is trying to paint the BFU project linked to by this thread as a scam. He is stating that it is illegally claiming to be a charitable organization. BS!

BFU was just offering to donate any money left over to a charity to assure those donating that this "extra money" obtained if the goal was exceeded would not be misused. They targeted the Walter Payton Foundation as the charity that would be donated to. They posted a link to the foundation on the BFU website. They NEVER claimed to be a charitable organization. Their goals were clearly stated.

Then DB & Co. contacted Walter Payton Foundation & told them of their opinions of BFU. WPF then contacted BFU to remove the link to their Foundation. A press release was then posted on the Score saying how the WPF requested the link removed (which BFU did quickly as requested). Their reason was they did not want to be associated with anything controversial. The only controversy that I know of was dreamed up by DB.

I have lost all respect for Bernstein. If he wanted to disagree with the project, fine. He certainly has his right to do so and express his opinion. That is what he is being paid for. However, he has no right to make misrepresentation of the facts to discredit BFU and try to undermine their efforts.

The hell with it. I was going to treat myself to some breakfast this morning but instead of going out I think I will make some toast and coffee and make another donation. I hope the BFU goal is met and DB can smell the BS he is shoveling.

I couldn't agee more Pix!

I don't fault the Paytons at all. They are just trying to steer clear of any BS. They are a great charity organization and should not be viewed as any less. Just a pawn in the media hoopla.

DB is a douchebag of the highest nature. If he's so high and highty, why isn't he donating his salary to charity? Or why not buy the expensive sweater, and get one at K-Mart, and give the difference to charity. Etc. He's just stirring it up as he and Boers always do. Those 2, at best, are like the old men in the muppets. Except those old men are actually funny. I honestly can't stand listening to them.

I do not blame the WPF either. A great organization. I am just saying DB is the one causing the controversy they are trying to avoid and then when the WPF asks for their link to be removed from the BFU site, DB has a statement posted on the Score site from a representative of WPF making it sound as if the WPF supports DB's stance.

I hear ya.

It's really the epitome of using one's power to mangle the truth.

I do not blame the WPF either. A great organization. I am just saying DB is the one causing the controversy they are trying to avoid and then when the WPF asks for their link to be removed from the BFU site, DB has a statement posted on the Score site from a representative of WPF making it sound as if the WPF supports DB's stance.

I hear ya.

It's really the epitome of using one's power to mangle the truth.

I have listened to the SCORE since it started. Back then Bernstein did the news and filled in for vacations, etc... He was always one of my favorites on the station. Since he has been with Boers, however, he has become a drill rod and I can hardly stand him. I cannot believe the way B&B treat their listeners. I will listen in to Bears talk and that's about it. I am done, however, with Bernstein.