The Prince is out for the season

Connorbear

And Tommie is giving roster advice - oh goodie!!!!! :)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2581471.story

Peace :dabears

If Harris wants him signed maybe he should give some of the contract money he is getting and not earning back to the organization and help pay for his (A.O.'s) new contract:

"I just know he has done enough this year that if we don't pay him, somebody will," Harris said. "I'd say pay him. He's solid."

Ogun has been a nice guy, a decent if not overrated performer, and I appreciate his contribution to the Bears. But he's not someone that will be dearly missed.

Agreed. He will be 33 by the beginning of next year. Time to get younger on the line.

Peacee :dabears

Far more disgusting thing Harris said,

"We had a rough week. I'm going to use that as an excuse," Harris said. "I think that does have something to do with it. ... Dude, it threw my whole week off, my preparation. I was out of sync."

That is just pathetic. As bad as Cutler played, it wasn't stupid enough to say the weather or delays were a factor. Sure, it is likely the travel issues were in fact a factor. You hear all the time about schedules and routines, and how any changes in those routines can affect a player, but few players are stupid enough to use such as an excuse.

And Tommie is giving roster advice - oh goodie!!!!! :)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2581471.story

Peace :dabears

Wale is a solid, all around DE. One thing I have noticed this year is his play against the run. Also, he seems to so often make a lot of "smart plays". He is usually the one that sniffs out a screen, or the one that blows up a reverse. Those sort of things.

Wale came to us after a 15 sack season. Expectations were as high as you can get. He never lived up to those expectations, but has in fact been a very solid, all around DE. While more gifted, in many ways, I would compare him to Phillip Daniels. If you look at Daniels body of work over the years, he was in fact a very solid DE for us. He was awesome against the run, and while he was never an edge rusher, did in fact post decent sack numbers, while playing in a system not friendly at all to DL sacks. Anyway, if not for the expectations after his signing, I think he would have been viewed differently, as I feel about Wale.

Think about Alex Brown. Sorry, but Brown has never been more than average to slighly above average, and yet he is rarely thought of negatively. IMHO, that is because he was a 4th round pick that came w/ minimal expectations. If Alex Brown were a 1st round pick, he would be as villified as Wale, Harris and others.

Ogun has been a nice guy, a decent if not overrated performer, and I appreciate his contribution to the Bears. But he's not someone that will be dearly missed.

bum

Far more disgusting thing Harris said,

"We had a rough week. I'm going to use that as an excuse," Harris said. "I think that does have something to do with it. ... Dude, it threw my whole week off, my preparation. I was out of sync."

That is just pathetic. As bad as Cutler played, it wasn't stupid enough to say the weather or delays were a factor. Sure, it is likely the travel issues were in fact a factor. You hear all the time about schedules and routines, and how any changes in those routines can affect a player, but few players are stupid enough to use such as an excuse.

I like Ogunleye and I like Brown and I feel either one would be a much better player if we had a premier pass rusher somewhere on the Dline. I know that isn't news but they are both solid players but that's all we have at DE and our DT situation seems to be worse than solid. Somewhere someway we need to get another elite player on the Dline. I don't see the point in keeping Ogunleye at his age. As I stated before our window is closed with this roster. We have a few core players we can continue to build around (Briggs, Cutler) but otherwise it's time to start investing in youth. Take his money and throw it at someone else who has a longer future than he does.