Thinking about the Minny game

nfoligno

One of the first thoughts I have is the way Allen abused Pace the last time we played, and regardless how often that happened, we continued to play Pace man-to-man against Allen, w/o giving him any help. Well, we now have Williams on the left side, and I just hope we do not make the same mistake. Every team that faces Minny uses a 2nd blocker on Allen. Allen will crush Williams if we don't give him help, and that could end up being the sort of game that shatters a young mans confidence, not to mention Cutlers neck. We need to really focus on Allen and give Williams plenty of help.

With Wale out, I wonder who gets his snaps. Adams? Anderson? Idonije? Frankly, Idonije may be the best job, but I think we should simply give Gaines Adams the spot. Anderson is a FA, and not likely to return. We know what Idonije is. May as well throw Adams in there for the final two games and just get some tape on him.

One other thing I just do not understand. In the last game, I saw, I noticed R. Davis get a catch, not to mention a few other passes his way. What the heck he is even doing on the field playing WR? I get Hester is hurting, but seriously. In no way shape or form does it make sense to play R. Davis at this point. If we can't find our senses and activate Iglesias, then move Olsen outside on plays you might consider R. Davis and use Kellen Davis at TE.

I agree. I watched the AZ vs. Minn game and the entire game their RB or TE chip blocked Allen to help their backup OT and the result was they virtually shutdown Allen the entire game. When they chip block they actually hit him hard enough to move him (take away his initial burst) and then they ran out into the flat or some other short dump off route.

I've never seen us do this under Lovie, or at least not do it as well but then they hired this guy:

Russ Grimm

Asst. Head Coach/Running Game Coordinator/Offensive Line

...and we have Harry. Nobody can tell me the Cards have more talent on their line because Mike Gandy has been their starting LT. Other journeyman players have been among the starters. Point is he has managed to get these players to play at a higher level than you'd expect while on our roster we get the opposite.

Maybe we should consider Grimm as our new HC? He was talked about a lot years ago but has since fallen off the "hot list".

The only point on Grimm I disagree is that he is no longer on the hot list. Most talk goes to the bigs (Shanny, Cowher, Gruden, etc) but when talking about coordinators, I often hear Grimms name. I liked him years ago when we were looking at HCs, and feel now like he would be a solid addition.

I agree. I watched the AZ vs. Minn game and the entire game their RB or TE chip blocked Allen to help their backup OT and the result was they virtually shutdown Allen the entire game. When they chip block they actually hit him hard enough to move him (take away his initial burst) and then they ran out into the flat or some other short dump off route.

I've never seen us do this under Lovie, or at least not do it as well but then they hired this guy:

Russ Grimm

Asst. Head Coach/Running Game Coordinator/Offensive Line

...and we have Harry. Nobody can tell me the Cards have more talent on their line because Mike Gandy has been their starting LT. Other journeyman players have been among the starters. Point is he has managed to get these players to play at a higher level than you'd expect while on our roster we get the opposite.

Maybe we should consider Grimm as our new HC? He was talked about a lot years ago but has since fallen off the "hot list".

I don't understand why they can't give Iglesias a shot. From multiple reports out of the locker room, Iglesias has been tearing it up and preforming in practice. I know he's similiar to what Bennett offers, but you drafted him!!!

I can't figure out this team and it frustrates me. JA was commended on these last couple of drafts on bringing in some talent. But for some reason, Lovie likes to take his time in bringing them in. So with that the case, as JA said himself, he sees nexts year roster pretty much staying the same.

Gilbert, Iglesias, Moore, Knox, Afalava

Williams, Forte, Bennett, Harrison, Bowman, Davis