Bittersweet Victory

BearSox

Yes, we won, and it was great to see the team play with some emotion for once... But you can guarantee yourself that this victory will be the excuse the front offices uses to keep Lovie. Sure, it was still 50-50 at best even if we did lose out, but not its almost a certainty he will be back. Very bittersweet tonight.

I still believe Turner is gone. Lovie is going to get several benefits of the doubt: 1. Injuries (Urlacher, etc), 2. O-Line, 3. New QB, 4. Young Receiving Corps, 5. Turner will be scapegoat

Oh I agree, I thought it was pretty much a given that Turner will be gone.

Oh I agree, I thought it was pretty much a given that Turner will be gone.

I just meant that they will use Turner as the excuse, since he does the playcalling and not Lovie. That is why the offense was so bad, etc, etc. For the defense, they will blame injuries, etc. Lovie, unfortunately is not going anywhere.

I know we're speculating here and yes it is bitter sweet, I was enjoying this game as we actually came to play and for the most part did play well.

I agree that regardless Ron will likely be gone. The question beyond that was that prior to this game how likely Ron would be accompanied by Lovie and maybe even Angelo.

Even prior to the game the water was muddy and no one's crystal ball is 100%.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that Lovie and Angelo do stay. I'd have to say that's possible to likely. Ron being gone and a new OC comes in, and perhaps Angelo pushes a real DC that may not subscribe to the Cover 2. The question then becomes... Can Lovie be a serviceable HC if his two coordinators are of good quality. Cheeko did well as DC because his D was a hybrid of the the system that Lovie favored and the background that he came in with. We need a Defensive philosophy here that is versatile and mixes a balance of aggressiveness and discipline. I have to ask can this scenario work should Lovie be back next year. If he is back I think it's important to bring in quality coordinators and Lovie has a more hands off approach. The goal needs to be as system that can work long term. What I don't want to see is Lovie brought back but we still disappoint next year and a new coach brings in his guys and Jay has three OC's in 3 seasons with the Bears.

Now if the Bears see this game as the aberration it is and still decide to cut Lovie Lose we get a new HC and can bring in a guy with Cutler in mind.