Did anyone else notice the refs helping Farve up?

nfoligno

Three times, after we put Farve on his arce, I watched the ref helping Farve up. I swear, I have never noticed a ref helping a player to his feet. I have seen the opposing players help a player up, which always irritated me, but I have NEVER seen the refs help a player get up, but saw it happen three times last night w/ Farve.

Have I just never noticed this before, or was that truly something out of the norm?

I meant to mention the uniform assist as well. It was like Brett had his own personal valet out there.

I don't mean to make a big deal out of it, but (a) I don't think this is in the norm, (B) I never saw that ref help Cutler up and © even it not the case, refs should never even allow the perception of favoritism.

You would almost think it was Peter King himself out there helping his boy Brett out.

I've never seen it more than once, and I've never seen a Ref help a QB put his uniform back over his Shoulder pad like the ref did. That was crazy.

I have seen refs occasionally help players get up but it's usually only in an awkward situation where the ref is kind of in the pile. I've seen them fix shoulder pads from time to time too. However, for one to go out of his way to pick up Favre is pretty bothersome and clearly indicates favoritism unless he was out there helping anyone else get up off the ground, which I don't recall. At least he wasn't helping Cutler up off the ground.

But I'm a glass-is-half-full type and I'm damn glad we got him on his ass so many times he had trouble getting up. In fact the hit Alex Brown laid on him took quite a bit out of him, and someone else made his head groggy late in the game.

YES! Saw it too and we commented in the bar (neutral...it's a Raiders bar), and everyone agreed, what the F is that all about?

Three times, after we put Farve on his arce, I watched the ref helping Farve up. I swear, I have never noticed a ref helping a player to his feet. I have seen the opposing players help a player up, which always irritated me, but I have NEVER seen the refs help a player get up, but saw it happen three times last night w/ Farve.

Have I just never noticed this before, or was that truly something out of the norm?