Tillman & Idonije to IR

Connorbear

Can someone enlighten me as to why this move would be made? Is there some financial benefit for the players or the team? Do the two added players get some service time added for potential player pensions. The cornerback might make some sense, but I am guessing he will be one of the inactives, DJ Moore should finally be active on gameday. As for Banaez, what is the sense in this?

Placed on IR with one game to go confuses me, I might be missing the obvious.

Can someone enlighten me as to why this move would be made? Is there some financial benefit for the players or the team? Do the two added players get some service time added for potential player pensions. The cornerback might make some sense, but I am guessing he will be one of the inactives, DJ Moore should finally be active on gameday. As for Banaez, what is the sense in this?

Placed on IR with one game to go confuses me, I might be missing the obvious.

My best, and uneducated, guess would be that to analyze talent in "gametime" situations. That and they are "depleted" at the CB position for the one. With Basanez, I think that since he is the #3 QB they probably need to assess what sort of trade value, if any, that he may have. Remember the Bears are going into the offseason with no picks for rounds 1 and 2. Not that he would garner that type of attention but he could be a potential cog in negotiations. I mean after all who knew Denver would be willing to accept Orton part of the Cutler deal? And the last game of the season is a good time to give someone like that (Basanez) a chance to play and showcase him.

My best, and uneducated, guess would be that to analyze talent in "gametime" situations. That and they are "depleted" at the CB position for the one. With Basanez, I think that since he is the #3 QB they probably need to assess what sort of trade value, if any, that he may have. Remember the Bears are going into the offseason with no picks for rounds 1 and 2. Not that he would garner that type of attention but he could be a potential cog in negotiations. I mean after all who knew Denver would be willing to accept Orton part of the Cutler deal? And the last game of the season is a good time to give someone like that (Basanez) a chance to play and showcase him.

They are very depleted at not only corner but special teams. My guess is Tuerne (sp) is actually active for the game. My understanding is that Basanez is a reward for all the hard work he has put in. I believe he will now get credit for 1 year to his NFL pension. I think you need to be on a roster for 1 game to get credit for the year and that after 4 years you qualify. Don't quote me, however.

Peace :dabears

They are very depleted at not only corner but special teams. My guess is Tuerne (sp) is actually active for the game. My understanding is that Basanez is a reward for all the hard work he has put in. I believe he will now get credit for 1 year to his NFL pension. I think you need to be on a roster for 1 game to get credit for the year and that after 4 years you qualify. Don't quote me, however.

Any chanc Basanez was a place kick holder at some point? Right now the back up is Dez Clark *because he did it in like highschool before) and maybe they didn't want to put Maynard out there or wanted to be safe.

Sounds right, cause you know that, if Cutler comes off the field, Hanie is going to get the call.