Manning wants to stay a Bear

Connorbear

He wants to stay a Bear but did this sentence jump out at anyone else???

"I just want to be given the opportunity to succeed at one position."

Makes me wonder how good he could have been if we had left him at safety. Further, it is yet another reason this staff should go.

Peace :dabears

We have to keep Daniel Manning. He's becoming a pretty good defensive player and is IMO the best kickoff returner in the league.

Absolutely correct, and let's give the guy a defensive position to learn and count on as well. Another clear indication of Lovie's inept coaching is how this talented player has had to adjust to varied positions over the years...

We have to keep Daniel Manning. He's becoming a pretty good defensive player and is IMO the best kickoff returner in the league.

I hate to take a big, brown, steamy, soft serve crap on your opinion, but Josh Cribbs is easily the best KR in football, and he's also able to sustain that while getting involved in the offense, which Hester couldn't.

Based on yards per return Johnny Knox is better than both of them. Cribbs has the TDs 3 to 1 over Knox, and of course Manning has 0. However, Cribbs has twice as many returns as Manning, and 22 more returns than Knox.

I really like our dual threat and prefer to keep it together. Trade Hester.

I just love the way Manning runs when he returns kicks. He runs with such power and speed that whenever he starts his run I feel like he's going all the way everytime. It used to be that way with Hester except he seems to have lost a step since becoming a WR. I would hate to try and tackle Daniel Manning in the open field. I know they clock Knox with a faster 40 time than Manning but truthfully, there is nobody faster than Daniel Manning in the league running back a kickoff.

The only way I dont bring Manning back is if his asking price is ridiculously out of price. However, considering 2010 is looking more and more like an uncapped year, Manning will be a RFA and we'd be crazy not to give him a 2nd round tender (I believe thats like 1.5 million).

I really dont mind if 2010 will be uncapped because either way, 2010 isn't shaping up to be a special year for Bear fans considering Lovie will likely stay and we dont have our first two picks. However, hopefully after next year, they get the CBA taken care.