Hey guys

CrackerDog

Sorry I've been missing in action for a while. Didn't feel like I had anything constructive to say so I didn't say anything at all.

Now that it's over, I think we need to see this team address the following:

1.) Repair the O Line through free agency. I sure wish I knew who was out there but this is (and has been) my number one concern. Having no first or second round choices this year sure isn't going to help.

2.) Determine who it was that was responsible for Devin A being unseen for the vast majority of the season and fire that guy. I'm not sure if this is Turner or Lovie but I sure recall Cutler lobbying for him during the preseason and it took all year to happen.

3.) Trade Hester for whatever you can get. I'd take as low as a 5th rounder for him but would hope for a 4th.

4.) Sign Boldin and put him opposite DA and/or Knox. Keep Bennett for a backup but he isn't my starter.

5.) I think the Ron Turner era needs to end.

6.) Find out from the medical staff if Urlacher and Pisa have the ability to return and contribute for at least a few more seasons. If not, you should trade these guys too. I hope for the best for each of them and want them back but you can't waste any more time here either.

7.) Our DB's are bad in general. I have no clue how you address all the things I mentioned above and still find a way to fix this. In short, we're rebuilding and it kills me that we finally have our QB (I still like Jay a lot) and we're in this pitiful situation elsewhere on the team.

8.) Forte and Olsen are keepers. We've even found a solid backup RB. When's the last time someone said the Bears were solid at the "Skilled Positions" but were weak on D and in the front lines.

9.) Tommy can't be relied on. I'm not going to say cut him because you don't find DT's growing on trees. But damn, other than last weekend, he's been a disappointment.

10.) Jerry Angelo probably needs to be fired. I've been his biggest defender but this team is a clusterfuck right now and I can't blame anyone more than him. Our 7-9 record is deceiving, we're not very good. A lot of teams just plain suck worse than us. That's nothing to be proud of.

Maybe it's time for a complete house-cleaning. Damn, I still don't have anything nice to say.

I hope you all had great holidays.

Guest TerraTor
Sorry I've been missing in action for a while. Didn't feel like I had anything constructive to say so I didn't say anything at all.

1.) Repair the O Line through free agency. I sure wish I knew who was out there but this is (and has been) my number one concern. Having no first or second round choices this year sure isn't going to help.

2.) Determine who it was that was responsible for Devin A being unseen for the vast majority of the season and fire that guy. I'm not sure if this is Turner or Lovie but I sure recall Cutler lobbying for him during the preseason and it took all year to happen.

3.) Trade Hester for whatever you can get. I'd take as low as a 5th rounder for him but would hope for a 4th.

4.) Sign Boldin and put him opposite DA and/or Knox. Keep Bennett for a backup but he isn't my starter.

6.) Find out from the medical staff if Urlacher and Pisa have the ability to return and contribute for at least a few more seasons. If not, you should trade these guys too. I hope for the best for each of them and want them back but you can't waste any more time here either.

7.) Our DB's are bad in general. I have no clue how you address all the things I mentioned above and still find a way to fix this. In short, we're rebuilding and it kills me that we finally have our QB (I still like Jay a lot) and we're in this pitiful situation elsewhere on the team.

8.) Forte and Olsen are keepers. We've even found a solid backup RB. When's the last time someone said the Bears were solid at the "Skilled Positions" but were weak on D and in the front lines.

9.) Tommy can't be relied on. I'm not going to say cut him because you don't find DT's growing on trees. But damn, other than last weekend, he's been a disappointment.

10.) Jerry Angelo probably needs to be fired. I've been his biggest defender but this team is a clusterfuck right now and I can't blame anyone more than him. Our 7-9 record is deceiving, we're not very good. A lot of teams just plain suck worse than us. That's nothing to be proud of.

Maybe it's time for a complete house-cleaning. Damn, I still don't have anything nice to say.

Trade hester? typical. we just traded a fuggin 2nd for Gaines Adams... wow

2.) Determine who it was that was responsible for Devin A being unseen for the vast majority of the season and fire that guy. I'm not sure if this is Turner or Lovie but I sure recall Cutler lobbying for him during the preseason and it took all year to happen.Agreed 100%.

4.) Sign Boldin and put him opposite DA and/or Knox. Keep Bennett for a backup but he isn't my starter. I don't believe Boldin is a FA. However, my opinion is to not mess with the receiver position. Fix the lines and this team is much better.

5.) I think the Ron Turner era needs to end.Agreed 100%

6.) Find out from the medical staff if Urlacher and Pisa have the ability to return and contribute for at least a few more seasons. If not, you should trade these guys too. I hope for the best for each of them and want them back but you can't waste any more time here either.Pisa is not under contract so you cannot trade him.

7.) Our DB's are bad in general. I have no clue how you address all the things I mentioned above and still find a way to fix this. In short, we're rebuilding and it kills me that we finally have our QB (I still like Jay a lot) and we're in this pitiful situation elsewhere on the team.This is the other area that needs to be fixed.

8.) Forte and Olsen are keepers. We've even found a solid backup RB. When's the last time someone said the Bears were solid at the "Skilled Positions" but were weak on D and in the front lines.Agreed

9.) Tommy can't be relied on. I'm not going to say cut him because you don't find DT's growing on trees. But damn, other than last weekend, he's been a disappointment.Keep him. He is much cheaper now and played better the 2nd half of the yr.

10.) Jerry Angelo probably needs to be fired. I've been his biggest defender but this team is a clusterfuck right now and I can't blame anyone more than him. Our 7-9 record is deceiving, we're not very good. A lot of teams just plain suck worse than us. That's nothing to be proud of. Agreed but this won't happen.

Good to see you back.

Peace :dabears

Trade hester? typical. we just traded a fuggin 2nd for Gaines Adams... wow

Giving away a 2 for him was ridiculous. I hope he pays off in the long run but you shouldn't have had to pay that high a price for him.

Hester is nothing more than an overpaid slot guy. If you bring in the right OC then this position may have value and I'd keep him. But he's lost a step as a return man and isn't ever going to blossom as a #1 WR. I'd have feelers out to see what we could get for him.

It's totally unclear what FA is going to be given the collective bargaining agreement negotiations. We will be in limbo on this for months if not until late in the summer. Therefore our best hope for upgrading the Oline is likely the draft. I'm all for trading Hester if we can get a day one pick, at least early second (if not keep him) and use it to get a good road grader OG.

Lovie Smith is the guy who kept DA on the sideline all year long. I'm ok with firing him and take his buddy Ron Turner with him.

We cannot sign Boldin because he remains under contract with the Cardinals for another year. I don't see us trading for him either with the emergence of DA and Knox. In fact I see little movement among our WR unless we trade Hester and I doubt we'll trade him. Therfore I expect we'll come back with the same top 5 WR next year: Hester, DA, Bennett, Knox, Iglesias. I hope we have enough confidence in those 5 to let Rashied Davis move on.

Urlacher can definitely return and should be in effective enough next year. I'm not totally against trading him if we get enough value out of it but I think that means we're acknowledging that we're in a complete rebuilding mode. Until Lovie's fate is decided we don't know if that's what we'll do.

In the end I believe Urlacher will be with the Bears next year. Pisa is a different story. Injuries are now routine with him but I'd like to have him back at the right price. He is a FA though. I'd also like to keep Jamar Williams.

How can I read this post when all I see are scissors...

Honestly, trading Hester for a 5th is foolish. Bolden is not a FA. I believe Urlacher makes this stupid Tampa 2 work. If you trade him, you must fire Lovie immediately. Hell just fire Lovie and let Url roam like Ray. Anyone ever question why Url didnt put in the work to become an all time great? Every other aspect to become a great was there except he may be lazy...IDK.

I'm not sold on Forte to be honest with you. AS I've stated earlier, I dont trust him to get me a yard on 3 and 1 nor can I expect a home run out of him. Tulane put some serious wear on those wheels and I am not sure how long he will hold up.

I still dont know how in the hell we got suckered out of our 2nd rounder for Gaines. He wasnt even a starter on one of the top 5 worst teams in football. How in the hell do you trade for someones rubbish when we have at least 9 holes to fill on this team is beyond me.

Come February, I'll repost an updated offseason I want to see us have.

In summary, I want us to not pay for a guy like Marshall or Jackson. Keep this WR corp together. DA has 4 TD's in 3 games, Bennett played well for his first year playing, Knox was pretty damn good for a 5th round pick out of Abilene Christian, and Hester (for as much s*** as he takes) was on pace for 80 catches. I know he's overpaid, but no team will take on that contract nor will he take a pay cut. If the WR's don't improve next year, Calvin Johnson is a UFA, and his favority city to play in is Chicago. Just saying.

Go into the free agency period and sign an OG and a RT. People can say Omiyale will be a better RT then an OG, but how do we know? Because of the 1 game he started in his career as a Panther? Big deal.

Can't argue with your list...