not afraid yet? maybe you SHOULD be...

Lucky Luciano

to all those who thought mikey was just the gardener the truth will set you free...

who teddy, angelo AND lovie are really accountable to:

Ted Phillips:

On who made the decisions

"Over the last several weeks, I've had a number of discussions with Jerry and with ownership and yesterday, there obviously were discussions with Jerry and Lovie and ownership again to come to the final decisions. Organizationally, we're all behind the decisions to keep Lovie and Jerry. We think that's our best chance to win now."

On who he means when he says he talked with ownership

"It's Virginia and Michael from the family side of things."

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6467

a 1000 year old unwrapped mummy and mike mccaskey. it really is business as usual and has been since phillips took over.

Mikey is, I believe, Chairman of the board. I don't think anyone ever thought he was totally removed from the business.

For me at least, I think he key is his no longer being part of the everyday operations of the team, as he was some years ago. Whether or not to fire the HC and GM are not everyday decisions. I don't think there is a team in the league which would would not have the owners taking part in such decisions.

Some time back, Mikey was in the war room on draft day. He was a key figure working w/ Wanny on each and every FA move. There is a big difference from being part of the everyday operations to being part of such discussions as mentioned below.

I know everyone would prefer Mikey to just go away, but that just isn't reality.

to all those who thought mikey was just the gardener the truth will set you free...

a 1000 year old unwrapped mummy and mike mccaskey. it really is business as usual and has been since phillips took over.

Mikey is, I believe, Chairman of the board. I don't think anyone ever thought he was totally removed from the business.

For me at least, I think he key is his no longer being part of the everyday operations of the team, as he was some years ago. Whether or not to fire the HC and GM are not everyday decisions. I don't think there is a team in the league which would would not have the owners taking part in such decisions.

Some time back, Mikey was in the war room on draft day. He was a key figure working w/ Wanny on each and every FA move. There is a big difference from being part of the everyday operations to being part of such discussions as mentioned below.

I know everyone would prefer Mikey to just go away, but that just isn't reality.

didn't you just tell me in a previous post a few weeks ago that you would be afraid/concerned if we fired ted phillips, like i suggested, because mikey might step in and be involved in management again so you were against it?

yet now we hear that mikey and not the board, not the mccaskey consensus of family members voting on propositions, nobody else except ginny and mikey actually had the final say in the discussions according to phillips himself? that means every major decision made is in those two's hands exclusively if teddy is to be believed.

like whether or not to hire a new president and who? this seems to come with complete control over every major decision he makes.

like complete control over what the supposed gm does in his capacity like hiring and firing coaches or even player acquisition? who our scouts are and how many we employ?

isn't THIS the entire football operations portion of a franchise and is it not actually controlled by mike mccaskey whether he sits in the freaking control room draft day or not??

all phillips appears to be is a shield for the mccaskey family. same with angelo. they take the heat and the slings and arrows that mikey and the mummy would get if major decisions turn bad and fall flat. no wonder teddy is such an important cog in their machine. he does the dirty work.

didn't you just tell me in a previous post a few weeks ago that you would be afraid/concerned if we fired ted phillips, like i suggested, because mikey might step in and be involved in management again so you were against it?

yet now we hear that mikey and not the board, not the mccaskey consensus of family members voting on propositions, nobody else except ginny and mikey actually had the final say in the discussions according to phillips himself?

No offense, but you are twisting what was actually said. The quotes state the Phillips "discussed" the moves with ownership, and later clarified that ownership meant Mikey and Viginia. But you twist "discussion" by instead saying "ginny and mikey actually had the final say." No where in the article does it say that. If that is what you believe, it is speculation. It is just as possible they told Teddy, "whatever you think". Point is, quotes talk about a discussion and you talk about their making the decisions.

If I go to my boss to talk over a subject, that doesn't mean he is deciding and telling me what to do.

that means every major decision made is in those two's hands exclusively if teddy is to be believed.

like whether or not to hire a new president and who? this seems to come with complete control over every major decision he makes.

like complete control over what the supposed gm does in his capacity like hiring and firing coaches or even player acquisition? who our scouts are and how many we employ?

isn't THIS the entire football operations portion of a franchise and is it not actually controlled by mike mccaskey whether he sits in the freaking control room draft day or not??

I guess I don't see where you are getting all this. Because these two were who Ted discussed this situation, you leap to the conclusion that (a) those are the only two who ever are part of the decision making and (B) Ted must go to them w/ many other things, like duties of the GM and lesser coaching hires, etc.

Just seems like you are making some big leaps.

Further, might I point out that it is also possible the family had already held their own in-house discussions, and then Mikey and Virginia discussed it with Ted. I do not know, but is Ted part of the Board? If not, often in business, the board will meet, and the President (or whoever) will then meet with certain reps from the board, rather than the entire board itself.

all phillips appears to be is a shield for the mccaskey family. same with angelo. they take the heat and the slings and arrows that mikey and the mummy would get if major decisions turn bad and fall flat. no wonder teddy is such an important cog in their machine. he does the dirty work.

This has been your opinion all along, and frankly, it is not a surprise that you would take pretty much anything and make this leap. I honestly think that you believe Angelo is on the phone w/ Mikey in the 7th round of the draft, telling Angelo who to pick.

yet now we hear that mikey and not the board, not the mccaskey consensus of family members voting on propositions, nobody else except ginny and mikey actually had the final say in the discussions according to phillips himself?

No offense, but you are twisting what was actually said. The quotes state the Phillips "discussed" the moves with ownership, and later clarified that ownership meant Mikey and Viginia. But you twist "discussion" by instead saying "ginny and mikey actually had the final say." No where in the article does it say that. If that is what you believe, it is speculation. It is just as possible they told Teddy, "whatever you think". Point is, quotes talk about a discussion and you talk about their making the decisions.

If I go to my boss to talk over a subject, that doesn't mean he is deciding and telling me what to do.

that means every major decision made is in those two's hands exclusively if teddy is to be believed.

I guess I don't see where you are getting all this. Because these two were who Ted discussed this situation, you leap to the conclusion that (a) those are the only two who ever are part of the decision making and (B) Ted must go to them w/ many other things, like duties of the GM and lesser coaching hires, etc.

Just seems like you are making some big leaps.

Further, might I point out that it is also possible the family had already held their own in-house discussions, and then Mikey and Virginia discussed it with Ted. I do not know, but is Ted part of the Board? If not, often in business, the board will meet, and the President (or whoever) will then meet with certain reps from the board, rather than the entire board itself.

This has been your opinion all along, and frankly, it is not a surprise that you would take pretty much anything and make this leap. I honestly think that you believe Angelo is on the phone w/ Mikey in the 7th round of the draft, telling Angelo who to pick.

Given Angelo's draft record here, maybe Mike is involved!!

:rolleyes:

hahahhahahahaha

dude you really are delusional or is it just you will grasp at any straw no matter how finitely small to prove you are never wrong?

alright let's go with that. ginny and mike have no opinion one way or the other on one of the most important decisions that can be made in a sporting franchise and leave it up to their accountant to figure out. now that i've seen it in that light it makes perfect sense to me.

sure i believe you. you walk up to your boss and tell him you are thinking of firing the entire staff, in a department you know absolutely nothing about, and he says "let me know when you make the final decision and i'll have their checks ready if you fire them all".

sure it's possible. that is why he SPECIFICALLY stated each individual by name or SPECIFICALLY stated the board decided thus or... oh wait... he didn't do any of that. but it is possible the president of a billion dollar corporation just doesn't know how to convey critical information to not only his subordinates but to the media HE called to announce it.

leap? forget your draft fobias for a moment and think about it. is it a sure lock positive mikey is involved like i stated? no. but it sure is a very possible probability and until i hear it spelled out differently from the person who stated it or proven by other reliable source/s, other than you, to be wrong i can only take him at his spoken word and use plain common sense to govern the outcome of my conclusions.

It's their team. Ownership has its privilege. Of course they'd be consulted.

This is not the type of thing that scares me. It's just a sport.

I know you don't like the McCaskey's but is it necessary to insult the 87 yr old daughter of George Halas?

Peace :dabears

I know you don't like the McCaskey's but is it necessary to insult the 87 yr old daughter of George Halas?

It was obviously a joke that meant no harm. No need to get overly sensative about it.

ok, gotcha. just a sport. wheww, thanks.

are you upset that i "insulted" an 87 year old woman who puts her mark on this franchises health and future direction by the decisions she makes or upset that i "insulted" george halas's daughter?

WARNING!! unless you live in raccoon city you really don't have to stock up on ammunition and build bomb shelters on this posters say-so. ALL of this posters comments relate exclusively to sports and there is no intent, real or imagined, to bring fear into the readers lives.

ok, gotcha. just a sport. wheww, thanks.

are you upset that i "insulted" an 87 year old woman who puts her mark on this franchises health and future direction by the decisions she makes or upset that i "insulted" george halas's daughter?

I was being sarcastic on the sport end of it - just like you.

I wasn't really upset. I simply do not see it being necessary to insult her and I was simply reminding you that she is Halas's daughter so, in essence, you are insulting him.

I was being sarcastic on the sport end of it - just like you.

i accept your explanation. i am dense at times. so it goes.

I wasn't really upset. I simply do not see it being necessary to insult her and I was simply reminding you that she is Halas's daughter so, in essence, you are insulting him.

i personally have no problem insulting or questioning george halas when it needs to be done. although a great man in "football" terms by no means should we worship him like a golden idol. he deserved plenty of criticism in his lifetime of sports and his faults and failures SHOULD be brought up and learned from and not gilded over in time or smoothed over in history.

in fact anyone is fair game in my opinion who puts on the hat in professional sports. that includes virginia (halas) mccaskey if she wants to be involved in any way running a professional sporting franchise. she gets treated no different than the roony's or the al davis's or the young guns like the snyders or the jones's. and if she can't take the anger, sarcasm, parody or verbal barbs, or her family can't bear to see her take it, then get her out completely in ANY decision making that relates to this franchise or the way professional football is operated.

things i won't do and find appalling:

1. i never have (or hope i haven't) ever suggested or wished for real, serious, physical harm or death to anyone or their families, pets or friends for any reason related to sports.

2. i never take shots at someones specific family or children when they themselves are not personally involved or have ever been involved in sports or sporting decisions.

3. i never take shots at anyone involving their real life handicap, religion, race or creed.

real life morons, imbeciles, and idiots think like this and i strive hard not to be one.

WARNING!! unless you live in raccoon city you really don't have to stock up on ammunition and build bomb shelters on this posters say-so. ALL of this posters comments relate exclusively to sports and there is no intent, real or imagined, to bring fear into the readers lives.

i accept your explanation. i am dense at times. so it goes.

i personally have no problem insulting or questioning george halas when it needs to be done. although a great man in "football" terms by no means should we worship him like a golden idol. he deserved plenty of criticism in his lifetime of sports and his faults and failures SHOULD be brought up and learned from and not gilded over in time or smoothed over in history.

in fact anyone is fair game in my opinion who puts on the hat in professional sports. that includes virginia (halas) mccaskey if she wants to be involved in any way running a professional sporting franchise. she gets treated no different than the roony's or the al davis's or the young guns like the snyders or the jones's. and if she can't take the anger, sarcasm, parody or verbal barbs, or her family can't bear to see her take it, then get her out completely in ANY decision making that relates to this franchise or the way professional football is operated.

things i won't do and find appalling:

1. i never have (or hope i haven't) ever suggested or wished for real, serious, physical harm or death to anyone or their families, pets or friends for any reason related to sports.

2. i never take shots at someones specific family or children when they themselves are not personally involved or have ever been involved in sports or sporting decisions.

3. i never take shots at anyone involving their real life handicap, religion, race or creed.

real life morons, imbeciles, and idiots think like this and i strive hard not to be one.

Fair enough. We will simply agree to disagree on this.

Personally, my gut check reaction was disappointment, wanting to see a house cleaning. In the time since the press conferences, after thinking things over, I have changed my opinions somewhat.

If I had been V.M., I would, in retrospect, done the same thing.

We were 7-9 last year. If we had been 10-6 we probably would not have made the playoffs, I say probably because it depends on which of the 3 games we lost would have been victories, and we all would not be nearly as upset.

The main problems we had last year were:

The defense, not because it was a cover 2 scheme, but because it was not implemented correctly and because of the play calling. Lovie has conceded that although he wants to continue the cover 2 (or in other words, a 4-3 defense vs a 3-4) He has also conceded we need new ideas and approach to the defense and is willing to allow a new DC to come in with new ideas to implement.

Also, I do not feel our defensive personnel is as bad as some make out. We had significant injuries, starting in game 1, and I have no doubt if healthy, our personnel group is fine. DL worries me. Safety is marginal. Those positions can be fixed with the proper acquisitions.

Our offense cost us huge. Why? The main reason was poor play calling by Turner. He never gave Cutler the plays he needed to be successful. The OL never gave Cutler a chance to perform to his ability. We are changing our OC & OL coaches. We need to acquire some replacements on the OL. This will be done.

By changing the way we play our 4-3 cover 2 in adding a new DC and by bringing in an OC who can give Cutler the playbook he needs to succeed, I feel the Bears can turn this around quickly. If we had scuttled the entire staff from JA on down, then we are talking a total rebuilding project that would probably take years to implement.

In the light of the negotiations with the CBA and the situation at hand, I think V.M. made the right move. I have no doubt in my mind that if we do not turn it around immediately, next year, that the wholesale changes everyone wants will take place.

Now if we do not turn it completely around next year, and V.M. does not make the wholesale changes, I will be on this forum criticizing her decision. BUT, in doing so, I will not feel it necessary to make personally insulting statements that have nothing to do with my feeling she screwed up. I will keep it focused on the issues at hand.