Good article on Fewell

Connorbear

Good article, Connor. But I read the most important piece in the subtitle, "He's a proven coach with ties to Lovie Smith and organization."

That's what it all comes down to. It's less about getting someone good, and more about getting one of Lovie's boys.

Good article, Connor. But I read the most important piece in the subtitle, "He's a proven coach with ties to Lovie Smith and organization."

That's what it all comes down to. It's less about getting someone good, and more about getting one of Lovie's boys.

While I understand your thoughts about the "Lovie connection" the fact is we don't really know Fewell and what role he'll demand as the DC. From reading about him he appears to be a fairly strong-willed individual. The fact Fewell worked for Lovie a while back doesn't mean that with all his experience since that time Fewell is more confident to come in and run his own scheme instead of being a yes man. In fact, if Lovie were going out to get someone with limited experience calling a defense I'd say we're more likely to get the "yes-man" you fear with Fewell. Perhaps it could work the other way around, whereby Lovie knows Fewell and will trust him more and allow him the independence to run the defense.