With Fewell gone....

Connorbear

does it really matter who we get at DC? Whomever comes in will most likely have no previous DC experience (probably someone from Indy's staff). Unless Lovie can pull a rabbit out of a hat and get Herm Edwards to take the position, he is screwed. Hell, they might as well give Babich the position back. He won't cost them anything extra and they could say that a year away from the position gave him a better perspective. Who cares what the fans think??? They have basically told us to go pound sand so how could bringing Babich back be any worse. Hell, he'll probably have more experience than any candidate they hire. UUUGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Peace :dabears

You mention the possibility of the new DC coming from the Indy team. I have not looked into it, but would Lovie have a prayer in coaxing Montie Kiffin back into the NFL or did he go to USC with Lane?

My understanding he went to USC with his son.

Peace :dabears

I know he went to USC with his son but even so, why would Monte want to work for a year with Lovie? We're not going to get a big name to come in and rescue Lovie off the scrap heap of NFL coaches, on either side of the ball.

I was thinking that he has already proven his worth in the league and certainly has nothing else to prove to anyone. Unlike these young guys who might be concerned with the spector of a one and done season, Kiffin might be willing to help a friend out in a jam.

Blood is thicker than water...

His son is under the heat with USC now. I'd think he'd rather help him out.

I was thinking that he has already proven his worth in the league and certainly has nothing else to prove to anyone. Unlike these young guys who might be concerned with the spector of a one and done season, Kiffin might be willing to help a friend out in a jam.