Other DC candidates

Connorbear

Given the defensive minds we have currently on the staff in Smith and Marinelli, Carrier could be a nice fit and he brings a more unique style having worked a bit with Rex Ryan and the 46 defense and that added spice could be nice.

Seems like he'd be the type of guy we could lure too as moving to DC would be a nice upgrade.

All of them, with the exception of Edwards and Barry seem to be younger coaches that would probably work okay in Chicago given Marinelli/Smith/Babich's experience calling plays.

Note, I am not saying the three guys above are tremendous play-callers (and Marinelli has the most limited experience of the three) but they all have experience and two of the three are well respected around the NFL.

I wonder if the Vikings would let either of there guys leave for Chicago though, which means Carrier would be the best bet.

Given the defensive minds we have currently on the staff in Smith and Marinelli, Carrier could be a nice fit and he brings a more unique style having worked a bit with Rex Ryan and the 46 defense and that added spice could be nice.

Seems like he'd be the type of guy we could lure too as moving to DC would be a nice upgrade.

Carrier, Dunbar, and Williams would all be good hires. Carrier and Williams could both help our secondary out, and if we could hire Dunbar away from Minnesota, I have to think that he and Marinelli could get top-level performance out of our d-line.

Found this interesting blurb on Barry:

Redskins | Denied permission to interview J. Barry

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:04:13 -0800

Roy Cummings, of The Tampa Tribune, reports the Washington Redskins were denied permission to interview Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebackers coach Joe Barry earlier this week.

If they wouldn't let him interview with the Skins it makes you wonder if they would the Bears. Of course there is a much better relationship between Tampa and Chicago and obviously Barry is the son in law of Marinelli.

Found this interesting blurb on Barry:

If they wouldn't let him interview with the Skins it makes you wonder if they would the Bears. Of course there is a much better relationship between Tampa and Chicago and obviously Barry is the son in law of Marinelli.

For our sake, I hope they don't let him interview. The guy was in way over his head in Detroit, and his defenses were historically bad.