Is it odd?

madlithuanian

That we're hiring offensive coaches without bringing in the OC? Wouldn't an OC want some of his own guys?

Just saying...

Seems like we're doing this backwards.

I like the Tice hire...but this methodology concerns me.

I never remember Coordinators hiring the position coaches under them. I guess some might make recommendations or voice opinions, however, I think every HC of the Bears dating back for longer than I would like to admit (I am old enough to be the Grandpa of some of you) have made those hires with or withot the coordinator being yet determined.

That we're hiring offensive coaches without bringing in the OC? Wouldn't an OC want some of his own guys?

Just saying...

I thought the same thing. But this is just one position and Tice has a great resume as an o-line coach . . . which makes me wonder if Lovie will declare Tice to be the best free agent acquisition of the offseason. That being said, along with an OC, we need a QB coach, TE's coach, and probably a quality control guy or something like that. In other words, he'll still be able to bring plenty of his own guys with him.

I never remember Coordinators hiring the position coaches under them. I guess some might make recommendations or voice opinions, however, I think every HC of the Bears dating back for longer than I would like to admit (I am old enough to be the Grandpa of some of you) have made those hires with or withot the coordinator being yet determined.

See Ron Turner and Harry Heistad

See Ron Turner and Harry Heistad

Yes, Turner did indeed recommend Heisted and Lovie took his advice and we got a terrible OL coach as a result. Maybe that is why he decided to make some of the position coach decisions on his own this time?

Just saying...

Maybe Angelo, or Lovie, is saying that someone has to be accountable, finally. So they are looking at who they think is the best candidate available for the position. At least I hope that's it.

I find it a bit funny. I say I am hacked off that missed out on Alex Gibbs. Tice is not a bad looking OL coach, but sorry, Gibbs rep is far and away greater. Anyway, I said I was upset we didn't get Gibbs, and what is the response? Why would we hire an OL coach before we have an OC and know what our offensive scheme will be.

So what exactly has changed since then. That I know of, we do not as yet have an offensive coordinator, nor an offensive scheme. So do we know have to find an OC that fits w/ Tice and his blocking scheme, or will Tice potentially have to teach a blocking scheme different from what he is used to, or maybe we don't care about whether a blocking scheme matches the offensive scheme.

Personally, I don't think it is that big of a deal, but those were the argument/points made against me when I mentioned Gibbs.

Just saying...