New Article giving some OC candidates

Pixote

I don't know what to think about Chan Gailey. He's never managed to hold down a coordinator job longer than two seasons, but he did get better-than-expected performance out of a very talent-deficient Chiefs team, and he built that weird Pistol offense that actually made Tyler Thigpen look like a competent quarterback. If that's not catering your scheme to your players, I don't know what is. We could use a little more of that after Ron Turner's square-peg-round-hole act.

I'd be very surprised if the Colts were willing to part with Clyde Christensen, since Tom Moore is almost a lock to retire. On the other hand, Peyton basically runs that offense, so maybe the Colts will feel like they can afford to lose Christensen. I'd definitely like for the Bears to get him...the Colts' receivers (and their passing game in general) have been ridiculous under Christensen. Also, he's presumably familiar with Aromashodu, who used to be a Colt.

What about Rod Chudzinkzi, the Chargers TE coach? He's been an OC before and he helped Derek Anderson make the pro-bowl. None of these candidates jump out as being spectacular.

Looks like Chudzinkzi is available now with the San Diego choke fest.

Peace :dabears

IMHO, this would be an AWESOME hire.

He was the OC in Cle in 2007. That year,

- Cle won 10 games, which is incredible to think about by itself

- Derek Anderson put up big numbers (3,800 yards, 29 TDs, 19 Ints)

- Jamal Lewis had a big year w/ 1,300 yards (4.4 avg) and 9 scores.

- Edwards and Winslow both had very good years as well (this was Edwards 1,300 yard, 16 TD season)

- Offense was ranked #8 overall with with over 5,600 yards total offense. They scored an average of 35 ppg.

He was fired due to Cle hiring a new HC (Mangini) and moved on to SD, where he took over as TE coach/ Assist HC. He also ran the offense for Miami U, and their offense was very good. He was both TE coach and OC for Miami, and coached Bubba Franks, Shockey and Winslow. Combine that with Winslow having a great season under him at Cle and obviously Gates in SD, and you have to wonder what he could do for another Miami U alumni in Olsen. He has been around a while, but is still only 41 years old, and has a very solid reputation.

An article mentions one potential negative in what sort of advice he might get about Chicago due to who he is surrounded by. In SD, you have Ron Turner's brother, and you have to wonder what sort of comment Ron has made about Lovie. SD also has Rivera, Don Johnson and Steve Wilks, all of who were fired or allowed to leave by Lovie. If we like Chud (as he is referred to) and he seeks advice from those around him, I can't imagine the input will be very positive.

Still, among the OCs I have heard about, I think Chud would be a very solid hire. He has experience running and offense, and has experience in multiple schemes. He has a good history of getting great production from the TE position, and you have to love what he did for Derrick Anderson, who has stunk since Chud departed. I also love that his offenses seem to be even, as he utilzies both the run game and passing attack.

Yup I heard the same thing, unfortunately I don't know alot about Chudz

SCORE is reporting the Bears are set to interview Chudzinkzi.

Peace :dabears

Awesome!!! He has two years experience running the show (1 tremendous year...1 awful year) but he really didnt' have much talent in his awful year (Derek Anderson sucks so the fact he got 1 great year out of him says something and in year 2, Edwards had the drops and injuries and Winslow was hurt).

Chud using the TE well and comes from a lot of high profile offenses. He also has shown that he likes to run the ball as well (Brown really did have a well balanced offense in yr 1 of Chud).

I'd be fine with Chud or Zampese. The one nice thing about Chud is he has called plays, but with Tice being around I'm a bit more comfortable bringing in a raw guy who hasn't called plays (since Tice could help him develop a bit if needed).

IMHO, this would be an AWESOME hire.

He was the OC in Cle in 2007. That year,

- Cle won 10 games, which is incredible to think about by itself

- Derek Anderson put up big numbers (3,800 yards, 29 TDs, 19 Ints)

- Jamal Lewis had a big year w/ 1,300 yards (4.4 avg) and 9 scores.

- Edwards and Winslow both had very good years as well (this was Edwards 1,300 yard, 16 TD season)

- Offense was ranked #8 overall with with over 5,600 yards total offense. They scored an average of 35 ppg.

He was fired due to Cle hiring a new HC (Mangini) and moved on to SD, where he took over as TE coach/ Assist HC. He also ran the offense for Miami U, and their offense was very good. He was both TE coach and OC for Miami, and coached Bubba Franks, Shockey and Winslow. Combine that with Winslow having a great season under him at Cle and obviously Gates in SD, and you have to wonder what he could do for another Miami U alumni in Olsen. He has been around a while, but is still only 41 years old, and has a very solid reputation.

An article mentions one potential negative in what sort of advice he might get about Chicago due to who he is surrounded by. In SD, you have Ron Turner's brother, and you have to wonder what sort of comment Ron has made about Lovie. SD also has Rivera, Don Johnson and Steve Wilks, all of who were fired or allowed to leave by Lovie. If we like Chud (as he is referred to) and he seeks advice from those around him, I can't imagine the input will be very positive.

Still, among the OCs I have heard about, I think Chud would be a very solid hire. He has experience running and offense, and has experience in multiple schemes. He has a good history of getting great production from the TE position, and you have to love what he did for Derrick Anderson, who has stunk since Chud departed. I also love that his offenses seem to be even, as he utilzies both the run game and passing attack.

Ron Turner is a class guy and I believe he knew he'd be the scapegoat this season and understood that. He had a very long career in Chicago (with Wanny and Lovie) and was one of the best OC's we ever had (not meaning he's a great OC, but he was solid for a while). I don't see him blasting the organization and I think He'd tell Norv that Chicago would be a good opportunity for someone like Chud who is looking for a 2nd chance as an OC.

On a sidenote, I expect the Bears to hire there OC/DC by the senior bowl (January 30th) so I think we will see thinks pick-up in the next week.

I expect the Bears to interview one more guy this week to go with Chud for the OC position and than make there final decision next week after they interview Christensen of the Colts (the last remaining guy on a playoff roster).

I won't even begin to predict who we are looking at on the defensive side of the ball.

But how enamored do you think Turner is w/ Cutler? Seems most reports questioned the relationship between these two.

I am sure Turner knew there was a good chance he would be a scapegoat. But at the same time, don't you think Turner is likely to claim the failures of the offense were related to problems other than him? Maybe over the years he has complained to his brother about the lack of talent Angelo brought in, or the players he may have been pushed to play. Who knows.

But it isn't just Turner. Ron Rivera is w/ SD, and has been working w/ Chud. Don't you think Chud might ask Rivera for his opinion of the team, staff, ownership? Do you think Rivera has glowing things to say about Lovie and Angelo? Don Johnson was our DL coach during our SB run, and he too was shown the door after. Wilks was our DB coach, right? These three were part of what made our D successful, and all were pushed out the door in favor of Lovie's friends. Hard to imagine their having great things to say about Lovie.

Now, even with all this, that doesn't mean Chud would base his decision on this. Point is, it sure isn't going to help.

Ron Turner is a class guy and I believe he knew he'd be the scapegoat this season and understood that. He had a very long career in Chicago (with Wanny and Lovie) and was one of the best OC's we ever had (not meaning he's a great OC, but he was solid for a while). I don't see him blasting the organization and I think He'd tell Norv that Chicago would be a good opportunity for someone like Chud who is looking for a 2nd chance as an OC.

Fine with me. I have about zero interest in him. W/ a QB like Manning, it is no shock Wrs develop or look good. That is what a franchise QB can do for a team, and even more so when talking about a QB like Manning. Look at Minny. Should their WR coach get the credit for Rice suddenly looking like an NFL player, or was it more about the QB?

And seriously, how many WRs have developed in Indy. Harrison was their for so long. Wayne developed into a stud, but has any other WR really developed so well as to make the WR coach stand up and take a bow. Add in the lack of playcallig experience, and I just never was thrilled w/ the idea of our looking at him.

For those interested in Christensen (Colts WR coach), Brad Biggs is indicating that he most likely won't be interested in the Bears job. Biggs believes that Moore will retire at the end of the season and Christensen is the heir apparent in Indy.

Fine with me. I have about zero interest in him. W/ a QB like Manning, it is no shock Wrs develop or look good. That is what a franchise QB can do for a team, and even more so when talking about a QB like Manning. Look at Minny. Should their WR coach get the credit for Rice suddenly looking like an NFL player, or was it more about the QB?

And seriously, how many WRs have developed in Indy. Harrison was their for so long. Wayne developed into a stud, but has any other WR really developed so well as to make the WR coach stand up and take a bow. Add in the lack of playcallig experience, and I just never was thrilled w/ the idea of our looking at him.

I think your bring up a lot of valid points, albeit, this year the Colts have had some young WR's really step up when they needed it. However, I believe Christensen has called plays before and I thought he might have even been an OC in the past (with the Bucs). Might be mistaken on that though.

A pair of young receivers did step up (Collie/Garcon) but make no mistake, that offense was all about Wayne and Clark, each of whom had 100 catches. Again, its easy to look good when you have Payton Manning throwing you the ball.

I believe your right about Christensen having been a playcaller. His bio says he was the OC in TB for one year (2001) before joining Indy as their WR coach.

Still, that doesn't do it for me. IMHO, the key reason we would be looking at him is more about Dungy than his actual ability.

I think your bring up a lot of valid points, albeit, this year the Colts have had some young WR's really step up when they needed it. However, I believe Christensen has called plays before and I thought he might have even been an OC in the past (with the Bucs). Might be mistaken on that though.

ie. Alvin Harper syndrome?

A pair of young receivers did step up (Collie/Garcon) but make no mistake, that offense was all about Wayne and Clark, each of whom had 100 catches. Again, its easy to look good when you have Payton Manning throwing you the ball.

I believe your right about Christensen having been a playcaller. His bio says he was the OC in TB for one year (2001) before joining Indy as their WR coach.

Still, that doesn't do it for me. IMHO, the key reason we would be looking at him is more about Dungy than his actual ability.